Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Whelp. I decided to explore one biome to the furthest I could stand. Found about 12 different libraries. 2 notebooks. Time to see if I have enough to create the ultimate world. No idea what modifiers to use. But thats half the fun.

Is there a page that shows all the bop biomes btw? I have so many biomes that I dont know wtf they are.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
The MJ to Fotron conversion per tick ratio is 0.5:20 right?

if I add nether quartz it's 0.5:160?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Whelp. I decided to explore one biome to the furthest I could stand. Found about 12 different libraries. 2 notebooks. Time to see if I have enough to create the ultimate world. No idea what modifiers to use. But thats half the fun.

Is there a page that shows all the bop biomes btw? I have so many biomes that I dont know wtf they are.

BoP MC Thread lists it, with a very brief description.

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Do all colors work on all things that accept modifiers? Can I make rainbow clouds and magenta trees or vice versa?

Colour pages work on Grass Colour, Foliage Colour, Water Colour, Cloud Colour, Sky Colour, and Stars pages. Rainbow is a 'feature' - it will add a large rainbow to the sky - not a colour page. If you want a rainbow coloured 'thing', you want the Gradient page, which accepts colour pages as modifiers.

Is there a way to make eternal night? I cant seem to find it, I see lengthen the day and shorten night on the page.

Like Liara said, Nadir, Zero Length, Normal Sun. You can also user Zenith, Zero Length, Normal Moon to fix the moon in the sky if you're so inclined :)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Colour pages work on Grass Colour, Foliage Colour, Water Colour, Cloud Colour, Sky Colour, and Stars pages. Rainbow is a 'feature' - it will add a large rainbow to the sky - not a colour page. If you want a rainbow coloured 'thing', you want the Gradient page, which accepts colour pages as modifiers.

Like Liara said, Nadir, Zero Length, Normal Sun. You can also user Zenith, Zero Length, Normal Moon to fix the moon in the sky if you're so inclined :)

My first random myst age for Unleashed was an age with iron ore spheres. And a rainbow. I thought it was nyan cat p:

xDiglett

Jul 29, 2019
StrayMav was using some sort of mining laser in his world, that obtained ores from bedrock but not breaking anything.
What mod is that?

~Diglett

Diocruel

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to produce charcoal from oak wood? (A cheap fast way, vanilla furnaces are kinda buggy with pipes :S)

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to produce charcoal from oak wood? (A cheap fast way, vanilla furnaces are kinda buggy with pipes :S)

Induction furnace if you're getting a quick supply of it.

A couple of Powered if its more minor.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
I usually have Additional Buildcraft Objects installed, so I stick a distribution pipe + massive loads of pipes to powered furnaces (Usually 3 at the minimum).
If you have a massive load of wood coming in, and have the energy to spare, just stick an Induction Furnace, or an overclocked Electric Furnace in there.

Diocruel

Jul 29, 2019
I usually have Additional Buildcraft Objects installed, so I stick a distribution pipe + massive loads of pipes to powered furnaces (Usually 3 at the minimum).
If you have a massive load of wood coming in, and have the energy to spare, just stick an Induction Furnace, or an overclocked Electric Furnace in there.

I don't have that mod unfortunately on the server where I will be playing on.(Just unleashed)

Factorization overclocking vanilla furnaces might be the way to go. The problem is just getting started, You need like 200 stacks of charcoal to heat up a 36hp boiler, after I got 1 boiler running I will simply hook up an induction furnace since that is fast enough to keep up. I think setting up factorization to get started might be a lot of work.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
What mod adds liquid barrels? They allow for really compact liquid storage, and are much cheaper than void capsules.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
What mystcraft modifier do I need to ensure my biome spawns normally? I thought I made my ideal biome, an ocean one, but it spawned as all ender stone so I obviously missed something

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Can I get a signal from a railcraft tank, I need to shut off a liquiduct when the tank is full. (Steel tank, in unleashed plus GT)

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Is Forge Multipart working OK? I've read about several situations where Forge Multipart crashed/stopped working/whatever, therefore the progress getting lost. Anyone has more information on this? Is it better to stick with Immibis microblocks?

Does it exist any guide explaining the gates available in the RedNet controller (MFR)? Or, for that matter, a guide explaining redstone gates in general. Text better than video if possible :p. If there wasn't such a guide, how could I set a timer with the RNController?

What type of spawners can the Force Wrench pickup, and which ones it cant? And the MFR portaspawner? I think I read force wrench cant pick twilight forest spawners, for example, thats why I'm asking. Also, can blocks that are picked up by the portal gun travel dimensions? I would try this ones by myself, but cant play MC right now.

How many 36HP boiler can one aqueous accumulator sustain? (In other words, do I need 1 aq. acc. per boiler or can two or more boilers share the aq. acc.)

Regarding Mystcraft: How many effects can the Link Panel have (Intralinking, platform, etc.)? How do I know if more than one effect (if that's possible) has happened (I know that if one effect takes place a color ring appears, if another one takes place, will two color rings appear, will it be overwritten..?)? Could someone elaborate on the Mantain Momentum effect? What is the effect that allows the book to travel with you (using it on your hand without the book dropping on the ground)?

What do the lightnings in Charged ages exactly do? Light in fire wood and dirt? Will things like obsidian or bricks get burnt also? How many times should I add a Charged symbol to an age to make sure its Charged? Regarding the ocean biome, is there terrain below the first layers of water or is it all water?

Thanks once more, and sorry for the things I could test myself (I cant right now)