Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ok. Can someone help me with this specific world and tell me what to add to make it stop giving me crap?
Try adding Fog Colour, Night Sky Colour, Villages (maybe a couple of these). Basically any colours or features that you don't add will cause random symbols to be added in their place. I think you need to have three "feature" symbols, hence the Villages. Fewer than three features will, I think, cause up to three random symbols to be added, which could be Void even though that isn't a feature. Villages is harmless since you can't get villages in oceans.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I need some help with an MFR tree farm

If I want to pump out saplings from the tree farm for biomass production, how would I pump out saplings set for that purpose then 9 saplings will go back to the tree farm for replanting..

SO how do i divide the saplings to efficiently create biomass production?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I need some help with an MFR tree farm

If I want to pump out saplings from the tree farm for biomass production, how would I pump out saplings set for that purpose then 9 saplings will go back to the tree farm for replanting..

SO how do i divide the saplings to efficiently create biomass production?
Use LP, store all of them in an iron/gold chest and tell LP to keep 3 inside the Planter and 10 in the fermenter.
Both will keep running nonstop, constantly supplied by the system.

Also, what's the levels that aluminum spawns? I've been having a hard time finding it, and I'm seriously lacking in gold.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
Use LP, store all of them in an iron/gold chest and tell LP to keep 3 inside the Planter and 10 in the fermenter.

Also, what's the levels that aluminum spawns? I've been having a hard time finding it, and I'm seriously lacking in gold.

Thanks, I've never toyed around with LP but I'll try it out
I looked around on google for the answer to your aluminum, but couldn't find the specific level
Apparently you can use harvesters on aluminum oreberries. If you encase aluminum ore berries in stone slabs and put down a harvester, it should harvest all the oreberries when it grows (9 = 1 ingot)

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
1.5.2 Question: do multi farms no longer use dirt continually and therefore output sand?

I think it's entirely dependant on what kind of farm you make - the default farm (Managed Arboretum - Tree Farm, basically) DOES require dirt, though.
[ Best thing I found to generate dirt though is use the excess saplings from the farm that you don't need. Make them into plantballs, and macerate the plantballs for dirt. ]

Reactions: Smiletactician

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's entirely dependant on what kind of farm you make - the default farm (Managed Arboretum - Tree Farm, basically) DOES require dirt, though.
[ Best thing I found to generate dirt though is use the excess saplings from the farm that you don't need. Make them into plantballs, and macerate the plantballs for dirt. ]

hey,

in that case, strange going on's indeed. i have just set up a default tree farm (managed arboretum) and its not using the dirt at all. it use the initial amount to lay of harvesting but is longer using it for anything else. great knowledge on the paintball conversion. i will use it in further (if needs be, as i'm not clear on whether i'm happy that the multi farm isn't doing what it normally does or not.) and kudos, much better than my minium/gravel > dirt solution. which was extremely hard in 1.4 as the minium stone didn't like the 1-1 conversion at all and was extremely temperamental.

edit: so no sooner than i had mentioned this, it seems to have started now (so no qualms about whether i'm happy or not with it working). i shall craft you idea promptly, thanks for that.

Reactions: Cirom

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using a Rednet Controller and Rednet Historian to try and simulate a heart rate monitor in an "infirmary" area. What would I set the rednet controller to in order to get a realistic looking heart rate? Sawtooth waves get me someone having some kind of cardiac arrest. :p

Reactions: Flipz

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
new question: why don't extra utilities pipe connect to multi farm hatches?

i'm using BC pipes currently but obviously they chuck stuff and thats not fun (missing RP2 again :( .) is there anyways to automate BC with them spewing fert. every where? or connect the EU transport pipes?

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Before I write it, would this work as a mystcraft world?

Oceans, Single Biome, Netherrack Block, Flat, Eternal Storms, Charged, Dark Sun, Dark Stars, Dark Moon, Dark Lighting, Village x2, Mineshaft, Red, Black, Water Color, Red, Sunset Color, Red, Ice Blocks, Tendrils, Red, Sky Color, Cyan, Grass color, Magenta, Cyan, Foliage Color, Black Fog Color

I hate having to rewrite long books so I wanna see if Im missing modifiers or if something wont work.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
new question: why don't extra utilities pipe connect to multi farm hatches?

i'm using BC pipes currently but obviously they chuck stuff and thats not fun (missing RP2 again :( .) is there anyways to automate BC with them spewing fert. every where? or connect the EU transport pipes?

I have a setup with this, and it seems to fill the farm up nicely without any wastage.
For the fertiliser, it involves the use of 1 iron autarchic OR gate, 1 iron OR gate, 3 pipe wire and your usual: 1 wood pipe and 2 stone / cobblestone pipes. (I was low on resources when I made this, but it does the job with 100% efficiency so why change it to gold?)
This pipe has the Iron OR Gate attached, with these settings. When it detects the multifarm with less than 25% fertiliser in it, it'll turn on the red pipe wire.
This pipe then recieves the signal, which starts an energy pulser as soon as it recieves the red pipe signal, taking fertiliser out of the above enderchest.
I somehow lucked out, and the signal stays on long enough for it to send exactly 48 items. Note that 25% would be 16, so it fills the MultiFarm to EXACTLY 64, with no overflow!

Enjoy!

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
I have a setup with this, and it seems to fill the farm up nicely without any wastage.
For the fertiliser, it involves the use of 1 iron autarchic OR gate, 1 iron OR gate, 3 pipe wire and your usual: 1 wood pipe and 2 stone / cobblestone pipes. (I was low on resources when I made this, but it does the job with 100% efficiency so why change it to gold?)
This pipe has the Iron OR Gate attached, with these settings. When it detects the multifarm with less than 25% fertiliser in it, it'll turn on the red pipe wire.
This pipe then recieves the signal, which starts an energy pulser as soon as it recieves the red pipe signal, taking fertiliser out of the above enderchest.
I somehow lucked out, and the signal stays on long enough for it to send exactly 48 items. Note that 25% would be 16, so it fills the MultiFarm to EXACTLY 64, with no overflow!

Enjoy!

hey,

thats how i have mine setup (sorry i didn't look at the links. i know from your description what you've done. albeit, i'm very curious to see whats under the Enjoy!) but the test run kind showed difficulties. i'd set to 50% and i'm using gold transports. so, i'll set to 25% and see what happens, when it happens. hopefully, all will be fluid. thanks, most appreciated.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
hey,

thats how i have mine setup (sorry i didn't look at the links. i know from your description what you've done. albeit, i'm very curious to see whats under the Enjoy!) but the test run kind showed difficulties. i'd set to 50% and i'm using gold transports. so, i'll set to 25% and see what happens, when it happens. hopefully, all will be fluid. thanks, most appreciated.

Yeah, I set it to the minimum myself, because I knew there would be the potential of overflow - I just didn't expect it to hit exactly 64 items! Do note the pipe length - as a longer pipe means the items take more time to travel, meaning more items go into the pipe before the Iron OR Gate realises that the MultiBlock farm is full and happy again. If you're experiencing too much overflow when at the minimum setting (25%), try shortening the pipe as much as possible!

I wonder if the Item Transfer Nodes work for MultiBlock farms? It'd be neat to have them transport items, because they never overflow - if an item can't travel, the node keeps the item until it can.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019

A follow up to the Logistics Pipe question
I have two supplier pipes that both request saplings
A chest in the middle with a logistic pipe coming out that goes to both supplier pipes requesting the saplings
What happens is the saplings just stay in the chest and never comes out
The logs do however since they only have one path to go to

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
A chest in the middle with a logistic pipe coming out that goes to both supplier pipes requesting the saplings
Do you have a basic logistic pipe in the intersection?
And could you post a pic of your setup?
Maybe then I can fix it.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I set it to the minimum myself, because I knew there would be the potential of overflow - I just didn't expect it to hit exactly 64 items! Do note the pipe length - as a longer pipe means the items take more time to travel, meaning more items go into the pipe before the Iron OR Gate realises that the MultiBlock farm is full and happy again. If you're experiencing too much overflow when at the minimum setting (25%), try shortening the pipe as much as possible!

I wonder if the Item Transfer Nodes work for MultiBlock farms? It'd be neat to have them transport items, because they never overflow - if an item can't travel, the node keeps the item until it can.

This was my other query. i tried to attach a EU* pipe to the hatch and it didn't connect. transfer nodes out of a multi farm are fine, pipes also for water, also, fine. fert. in not happening. i didn't play round with it as it seem relatively odd that the pipe didn't connect int he first place. as i'm no coder, i couldn't think of any reason why they would. still, they didn't. if you manage it let me know. if i decide to have another boot i'll let you know. till then i'm on build BC input currently trying to figure out why a DSU won't accept "apple oak saplings". just chucks them as soon as they go in. mean while, i'm trying to route an EU* transfer system from multi farm > fermentor/squeezer(juice direct) > tank (bio mass) > still > tank (ethanol)

* Extra utilities[DOUBLEPOST=1376788286][/DOUBLEPOST]

i agree with GP, screenie would be good. sounds like you have the saplings going into where they come from (just off the top of my head.) which, would suggest even if the LP's were moving them. you wouldn't really see any difference.

540howdy

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a basic logistic pipe in the intersection?
And could you post a pic of your setup?
Maybe then I can fix it.

I hacked in 20 jungle saplings to double check what was going on..
I guess nothing's wrong and the system works perfectly and I was worrying for nothing
Thanks for the help :D

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, should the charge pads electrocute you when jumped on? cause one just killed me with max hearts and heart containers