Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
How many 36HP boiler can one aqueous accumulator sustain? (In other words, do I need 1 aq. acc. per boiler or can two or more boilers share the aq. acc.)
If the values haven't changed since 1.4.7, 1 AA can sustain 5 big boilers (25 mB/t produced, each boiler uses 4 or 5 mB/t (not sure)).

Could someone elaborate on the Mantain Momentum effect? What is the effect that allows the book to travel with you (using it on your hand without the book dropping on the ground)?
Maintain Momentum: You keep the speed (and direction?) you had when entering the configured portal. Especially useful for interdimensional minecart operations.
Following: The modifier that lets you keep your book while porting around.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Random question. If you disable instability in mystcraft, will it still be enabled if you use the symbols that directly add instability? I dont care, Id turn off instabilities but only if I could keep using charged in my worlds.

Also, to ask again. Is there a modifier to make a biome generate with its natural blocks? Or is this instability itself?

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
How do I stock a specific amount of something in my ME computer? Example: I have over 10K Ash that can be crafted 9 ash -> 1 coal. But the craft button only shows up for coal when the ME computer has no coal. Can I tell it "I want to keep 64 ash, all else goes to coal"?

It's a bit fiddly, but I know of a makeshift way to make it using the Level Emitter and Fuzzy / Precision Export Buses (NOT Basic Export!) and an Auto Workbench.

Set up the Auto Workbench so it crafts ash into coal, then place the F/P Export Bus beside it. Put the ash in the export bus, and make sure it only runs when there's a redstone signal. Next, place the Level Emitter beside the F/P Export Bus, and set it up so that it produces signal when your Ash stock is ABOVE 64. Wire it all up and add a Basic Import Bus to import the coal from the Auto Workbench, and you're good to go.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding Mystcraft: How many effects can the Link Panel have (Intralinking, platform, etc.)? How do I know if more than one effect (if that's possible) has happened (I know that if one effect takes place a color ring appears, if another one takes place, will two color rings appear, will it be overwritten..?)?
I'm pretty sure that the link panel can have as many modifiers as there There's a little tooltip on the link panel that tells you what effects the panel will have.
What is the effect that allows the book to travel with you (using it on your hand without the book dropping on the ground)?
That effect is Following, as said earlier. Unfortunately, it's not available in the current versions of Mystcraft, until XComp gets the book binding material system set up.
What do the lightnings in Charged ages exactly do? Light in fire wood and dirt? Will things like obsidian or bricks get burnt also? How many times should I add a Charged symbol to an age to make sure its Charged?

It only makes regular fire, which only burns things that burn normally. And you only need to add the Charged symbol once before it starts doing its thing. But if you add more, then it'll be more powerful.
Regarding the ocean biome, is there terrain below the first layers of water or is it all water?
Yes, there is terrain.

Unium

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Question: lol....
Without optifine because it glitches the hell out of my world is there a good way of removing Depth fog and dim fog? I made this awesome place to start building up and i can't see nothing when i'm below 10m.

Thanks in advance.
Cumpz Uni

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What mystcraft modifier do I need to ensure my biome spawns normally? I thought I made my ideal biome, an ocean one, but it spawned as all ender stone so I obviously missed something
The more stuff you add, such as colours for everything like clouds and sunset, the fewer things that Mystcraft will randomly add in. For instance, if you miss out sunset colour, it might add the "Ender Stone" symbol, causing your problem. You should also add some "features" such as dungeons, caves, etc. because if you don't, it will add in some random symbols in place of them.

.The.Worms

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i've been wondering how to get the Ftb unleashed version 1.1.3 im stuck at 1.1.2 and there's no update available for me and yet i see a lot of bug report about 1.1.3 and lots of streamers playing it

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I've got a question, I'm using the 1.5.2 direwolf20 pack (beta) and since we dont have redpower2 does anyone have a suggestion on how I can automate my centrifuge? I do have an AE system yet haven't played with the new stuff in there yet and didn't automate the bees on it in my old world when I had redpower 2 as the sorting machines/systems were some of the best for that..

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i've been wondering how to get the Ftb unleashed version 1.1.3 im stuck at 1.1.2 and there's no update available for me and yet i see a lot of bug report about 1.1.3 and lots of streamers playing it

Dropdown menu for version is in the launcher.

Hey guys, I've got a question, I'm using the 1.5.2 direwolf20 pack (beta) and since we dont have redpower2 does anyone have a suggestion on how I can automate my centrifuge? I do have an AE system yet haven't played with the new stuff in there yet and didn't automate the bees on it in my old world when I had redpower 2 as the sorting machines/systems were some of the best for that..

Fuzzy Export (or storage with priority, they auto refill now) on the top and import on the side.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
The more stuff you add, such as colours for everything like clouds and sunset, the fewer things that Mystcraft will randomly add in. For instance, if you miss out sunset colour, it might add the "Ender Stone" symbol, causing your problem. You should also add some "features" such as dungeons, caves, etc. because if you don't, it will add in some random symbols in place of them.

Jesus christ. How many modifiers do I need for a world to not give me random crap? I want an ocean world, natural.

Went with

Ocean Biome, Single Biome, dungeons, strongholds, eternal rain, dark sun, dark stars, dark lighting, zenith moon, standard terrain(I dont think this was needed), boundless sky, charged, red clouds, red sky, red water, I dont know if I used fog color, blue foliage color

What the hell am I missing? This last world was perfect... except the ocean was netherrack... Also, does eternal rain mean storms for lightning strikes for a lightning rod? I know actual lightning strikes dont count, but I dunno if its rain or if there is a seperate thing from rain that counts for lightning strikes.

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
What the hell am I missing? This last world was perfect... except the ocean was netherrack... Also, does eternal rain mean storms for lightning strikes for a lightning rod? I know actual lightning strikes dont count, but I dunno if its rain or if there is a seperate thing from rain that counts for lightning strikes.

Eternal storm will do the trick for lightning rods.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Because it has to be actual lightning strikes, right?

Well lightning strikes dont actually count. I read it up. Lightning rods just check if a storm is happening, how many iron thingies you have then rng till it says its been struck.

I still need a damn ocean world with normal blocks. Not end stone, not netherrack. Tho netherack doesnt look half back, but its too brittle for me. Can I use all different blocks for world gen for an ocean biome? I couldnt think of what might look nice as the ocean floor to look at though the window of an underground base. Maybe I might make a new ocean world with netherrack.

Since I got netherrack by accident though, how would I put it into the book, or where would I put it, so all the land generates as netherrack? This world is just for building my home in so I dont care about ores/etc. But my current netherrack ocean was created because apparently I missed a modifier but its rain and not storms. So I need to remake it regardless.

Zealstarwind

Jul 29, 2019
got another question, working with the AE system and trying to figure out how I can automate the production of hardened glass, I've got the pulverizer set up but I am wondering if I can do the same for the glass, aka if I use an interface can I connect it with a pattern to make it autocraft the hardened glass?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
When I run the launcher and Unleashed is selected as the initial pack, it only shows me 1.0.2 as an available modpack version. I need to click on another modpack and the back onto Unleashed in order to see 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 versions available.

type FTBUnleashed in private pack code to remove the beta version.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. Can someone help me with this specific world and tell me what to add to make it stop giving me crap?

I had it in this exact order.

Ocean Biome, Single Biome, Netherrack, Flat, Charged, Eternal Storms, Dark Sun, Dark Stars, Dark Moon, Dark Lighting, Mineshaft, Red Foliage Color, Red Water Color, Red Sky Color, magenta grass color, clear modifiers

Ended up with a void world... somehow... =(