Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

43eyes

Jul 29, 2019
I have a feeling this is an old recipe, I'm not certain, but if you have NEI installed, you should be able to look up the recipe of the current version.

Else, have you actually tried taking the results of the recipe?
Things turn up like that for me all the time, because I have greg-tech installed with unleashed, but the server doesn't. So my client tells me that the regular bucket recipe is invalid (No output), yet I can still take the bucket out of the recipe.

I have looked up the recipe in NEI, that's what it showed. I have tried clicking on the empty space aswell, nothing. I need to make an ME system. ;_;

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am using unleashed mod pack. I am using the planter and harvester for getting rubber. The thing is
when a tree grows it knocks up 2 sapling beside and they just sit there. It doesn't do it every time, but
i am about to convert it to grow oak sapling for ethanol and that is a waste of saplings. Is there a way to
collect those saplings?

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
is mass fab, the way to get iridium these days?

i was on GT before and you needed a lot of power before even considering firing the matter fab. anyways there was still chance you mine some but i think i would of come across something by now.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
is mass fab, the way to get iridium these days?

i was on GT before and you needed a lot of power before even considering firing the matter fab. anyways there was still chance you mine some but i think i would of come across something by now.

Mass Fabricator was the original way to get UUM long before GregTech crawled out of the ocean of ideas and set its first clawed talon on land. The Mass Fabricator uses significantly less EUs than the Matter Fabricator to create a single UUM and can run just fine on pure power instead of requiring a Boost to even work. The only boost it accepts is Scrap, so you're going to need some method of producing scrap from Recyclers if you want to create UUM more efficiently, but even without a boost, it'll produce UUM significantly faster than the Matter Fabricator ever did.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
So again Ill ask. Are mystcraft worlds safe to build in? Is there a way to make sure there is no instability? Ive made a few worlds so far to loot them, using one world now to quarry to hell out of. But my overworld sucks donkey. So I wanted to try and create an awesome world. Tons of lightning, a few lighting rods, those clouds in the end(Dark Cloud) say they create lightning. How does it work and what mod adds them? Regardless, Id use those too cause they look cool. But I dont wanna find out 10 days in that my world is unstable and slowly eating itself and now I lose everything

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Just checked, they are cooked.

Is your glass vanilla? (looks like it, just making sure)
Have you tried importing the recipe straight from NEI?
Is that a standard crafting table? Have you tried an alternate crafting table?
Can you check the block ID's you're using against the ones in the NEI recipe?
That seems like a weird bug, let's see if any of these work.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So again Ill ask. Are mystcraft worlds safe to build in? Is there a way to make sure there is no instability? Ive made a few worlds so far to loot them, using one world now to quarry to hell out of. But my overworld sucks donkey. So I wanted to try and create an awesome world. Tons of lightning, a few lighting rods, those clouds in the end(Dark Cloud) say they create lightning. How does it work and what mod adds them? Regardless, Id use those too cause they look cool. But I dont wanna find out 10 days in that my world is unstable and slowly eating itself and now I lose everything

If a world has decay, it will also have potion debuffs (poison, weakness, mining fatigue etc)
Very very very rarely would you get a world with so much instability to have decay and no potion debuffs.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

It's incredibly easy to make a safe Mystcraft world that isn't unstable with the new update. Making the exact world you want is a little more difficult, but it's definitely fairly easy to make one that isn't disintegrating before your eyes. As long as you stay away from anything "OP" like Dense Ore symbols or Diamond Tendrils, you should be fine.

Lightning Rods are a little weird about how they work. Manually invoking a lightning strike does not trigger the lightning rod, so you can't just use the Charged symbol, Excited Bees, Dark Clouds, etc... You can, however, set the Age to have permanent storms, which will definitely increase the amount of hits the rod will get.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
It's incredibly easy to make a safe Mystcraft world that isn't unstable with the new update. Making the exact world you want is a little more difficult, but it's definitely fairly easy to make one that isn't disintegrating before your eyes. As long as you stay away from anything "OP" like Dense Ore symbols or Diamond Tendrils, you should be fine.

Lightning Rods are a little weird about how they work. Manually invoking a lightning strike does not trigger the lightning rod, so you can't just use the Charged symbol, Excited Bees, Dark Clouds, etc... You can, however, set the Age to have permanent storms, which will definitely increase the amount of hits the rod will get.

Oooh. Interesting. I didnt plan on much. Maybe change color of clouds, make it a specific biome, charged anyway cause it looks awesome to have tons of lightning strikes. Do dark clouds just call more? Is there like a rain thing I could add to a biome? Raining and tons of lighting outside my base could be cool.

Do no mobs exist either? That could be the only detriment I see. I wanna build a torus (http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz.php) thats absolutely massive. And add in a buncha cool stuff. I guess the best way to find more symbols I want is just to mass create worlds and hunt down every library I can? Is there a place that lists all possible symbols?

QKninja

Jul 29, 2019
Those clouds are added by Natura. If a Mystcraft age is instability free, it should be safe to build in. Note that lightning is instability, but you added it manually, so no other bad effects should come with it. Check for potion debuffs, and just be in the world for a while. Maybe do some mining. If you haven't noticed instability or decay after a couple of minecraft days in the age, they aren't going to happen. Mystcraft age writing has changed recently, and stable worlds are actually easier to create now, but there's a old useful discussion on stable ages here.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Oooh. Interesting. I didnt plan on much. Maybe change color of clouds, make it a specific biome, charged anyway cause it looks awesome to have tons of lightning strikes. Do dark clouds just call more? Is there like a rain thing I could add to a biome? Raining and tons of lighting outside my base could be cool.

Do no mobs exist either? That could be the only detriment I see. I wanna build a torus (http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz.php) thats absolutely massive. And add in a buncha cool stuff. I guess the best way to find more symbols I want is just to mass create worlds and hunt down every library I can? Is there a place that lists all possible symbols?

Mobs exist as well, same spawning conditions as the mobs in the overworld.

Nether mobs only spawn in the hell biome, passive mobs spawn on grass of any kind, hostile in light level 7 and below, endermen spawn en masse in the sky biome and squids spawn in water.

As for all possible symbols: http://binarymage.com/wiki/doku.php?id=writing:symbols
It even lists it in groups

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Those clouds are added by Natura. If a Mystcraft age is instability free, it should be safe to build in. Note that lightning is instability, but you added it manually, so no other bad effects should come with it. Check for potion debuffs, and just be in the world for a while. Maybe do some mining. If you haven't noticed instability or decay after a couple of minecraft days in the age, they aren't going to happen. Mystcraft age writing has changed recently, and stable worlds are actually easier to create now, but there's a old useful discussion on stable ages here.
Thanks for this. Found a page with all the modifiers. Holy crap there is a lot to making a age. Guess its time to age dive for a few more things. I didnt know I needed to add a modifier for everything or Ill get instability. I did get a clear modifiers though. Hrm. Ohwell. More never hurt anyone. I wish dark <> worked though. Just found out they do nothing. =(

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
How do I stock a specific amount of something in my ME computer? Example: I have over 10K Ash that can be crafted 9 ash -> 1 coal. But the craft button only shows up for coal when the ME computer has no coal. Can I tell it "I want to keep 64 ash, all else goes to coal"?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for this. Found a page with all the modifiers. Holy crap there is a lot to making a age. Guess its time to age dive for a few more things. I didnt know I needed to add a modifier for everything or Ill get instability. I did get a clear modifiers though. Hrm. Ohwell. More never hurt anyone. I wish dark <> worked though. Just found out they do nothing. =(

Leaving out symbols doesn't cause instability in the latest versions. It just causes the game to randomly pick symbols to fill in the blanks. If those symbols happen to be unstable, like Dense Ores, Diamond Tendrils, or Oil Oceans, then there'll be instability. Otherwise, it'll be fine.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Mass Fabricator was the original way to get UUM long before GregTech crawled out of the ocean of ideas and set its first clawed talon on land. The Mass Fabricator uses significantly less EUs than the Matter Fabricator to create a single UUM and can run just fine on pure power instead of requiring a Boost to even work. The only boost it accepts is Scrap, so you're going to need some method of producing scrap from Recyclers if you want to create UUM more efficiently, but even without a boost, it'll produce UUM significantly faster than the Matter Fabricator ever did.

yeah, the proceedure is the same. although, there was iridium. which now that i say this i rrelease i answered my own enquiry. there no Iore currently this version. just the MassFab/UUM means. which is cool it will be much easier given i don't have to find the GT workaround. cheer for the reply.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Leaving out symbols doesn't cause instability in the latest versions. It just causes the game to randomly pick symbols to fill in the blanks. If those symbols happen to be unstable, like Dense Ores, Diamond Tendrils, or Oil Oceans, then there'll be instability. Otherwise, it'll be fine.

So thats why I randomly got a void age when I created one of my early worlds. D=

Then questions.

Does anyone know what the hell is a Phantasmal Inferno Biome? o.o

Do all colors work on all things that accept modifiers? Can I make rainbow clouds and magenta trees or vice versa?

Is there a way to make eternal night? I cant seem to find it, I see lengthen the day and shorten night on the page.

And is there a way to have a world with no mob spawns? or is that biome specific?

I know, I ask a lot of questions.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know what the hell is a Phantasmal Inferno Biome? o.o

It's a BoP Nether biome. Has lots of smoldering grass and lava. A few bone spines here and there too.

And is there a way to have a world with no mob spawns? or is that biome specific?

It's biome specific. If you make a single-biome age with Mushroom Island biome, mobs will never spawn because the Mushroom Island doesn't have mobs in its spawnlist.