Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Masssattacker

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for the help.
I am going with turtles because I am on a server.
so the back up idea will not work.
thanks again for the help.
PS: I am sending them a bug report right now.
and it was in buildcraft tank

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
EDIT: Make sure to back up the world before doing the following just incase there are unwanted effects

This is not quite as nice of a fix as what you're after, but I believe if you temporarily remove the mod that adds liquid spring water this will empty the tank when the server is started again, and then you can add it back in and there won't be any liquid spring water in your tanks any more

However, this isn't an optimal fix as it will also remove any world gen and/or other blocks added by this mod.. Otherwise for the ID's somebody else would have to answer, I'm not sure how you'd reverse the item Id's to turn the liquid into another. I'm not even sure it's possible.

Biomes O Plenty adds spring water. Removing it would punch massive holes in the planet.

Stronp

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, got some questions, hopefully someone can answer them.

1. How can I mantain pure bred princess? I haven't started with bees yet, but for what I've seen what you usually do is try to get a pure bred pair (princess + drone), and then use those to crossbreed and get new species. However, afaik, the queen will only give 1 princess upon death. This means that if i use the pure bred princess to crossbreed for a new species, I'll loose it, right? Idk if I'm explaining myself well here, but hope someone understands what I'm trying to say.

2. What's the "most" reliable source of MJ or EU production? I want something that I can left there running and not worry about having to add fuel, or the resources running out, etc. I think I read something about biofuel or something like that, but I can't remember correctly, and I guess that would be only for MJ, not EU?

Thanks.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1. ...afaik, the queen will only give 1 princess upon death. This means that if i use the pure bred princess to crossbreed for a new species, I'll loose it, right?

1. Yes, if you only have one princess, there's not much you can do. You need to go out and find more princesses in hives (or dungeon chests). Once you've got about 10 drones of a species that you like (or that you need for further breeding), then put one of your spare princesses in with them, and over the next 10 breeding cycles that princess will gradually become more and more like the drones that you are breeding with, until she becomes identical and the drones that she produces start to stack with the original breeding drones.

So, lets say you want to breed Common and Cultivated to get a Noble bee. You've only got one Common princess, and one Cultivated princess, so does this mean that you will lose one of them? No, breed up a bunch of Cultivated drones, then put a Meadows princess in with them (Chocolate Frames or an Oblivion Frame help to speed it up - do NOT use Soul Frames). Use the Cultivated princess and a Common drone as a breeding pair (with Soul Frames), meanwhile your Cultivated princess is being replaced by the descendant of the Meadows. Chuck the miscellaneous drones that are produced while she is purifying into an Indexer and then dump them in your DNA extractor when you get around to building that.

2. What's the "most" reliable source of MJ or EU production? I want something that I can left there running and not worry about having to add fuel, or the resources running out, etc. I think I read something about biofuel or something like that, but I can't remember correctly, and I guess that would be only for MJ, not EU?

The engines that run on magma engines are pretty good. Getting the lava to them can be tricky though until you can build an Ender Tank or a Liquid Tesseract.

biomirth

Jul 29, 2019
Hey there, got some questions, hopefully someone can answer them.

Thanks.

2. A lot of the balancing of mods and modpacks and arguing around here relates to this. If something is totally reliable and easy to build then many would say the whole game becomes too easy. Thus, some of the most reliable energy sources are the hardest to build, and some of the easiest to build are unreliable or short-term.

That said, it isn't actually that difficult to set up sustainable energy systems once you've done it once or twice. With most packs the most efficient energy production comes from boilers. The boilers themselves run on some sort of renewable resource, with charcoal, mob-drops, or biofuel being typical. If you've never run boilers you can split this process into two parts and learn about each, and then combine them for great efficiency.

a. Make a tree-farm that runs reliably. Make charcoal production that is reliable. Use the charcoal for power reliably. Integrate. Now add boilers.

b. Make a biofuel system that is self-sufficient or close to. Now add boilers.

etc..

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
OR, do Solars, and simply use Electric Engines for your MJ power needs. Nuclear is renewable, sort of. With an efficient enough setup and breeders, you can make more EU per piece of Uranium than it takes to make Uranium with UU-Matter, and at that point, you just keep it going. Oil -> Fuel is now renewable thanks to Oil Springs that spawn in Bedrock, so you can just go that way now. Biofuel is the classic way, and with MFR there's a new way of producing it.

So, more than a couple ways you can go about it. There's also a slew of different engines you can use to generate this power... Just try different stuff out and see what fits your playstyle better. Endgame, though, Boilers with Biofuel are probably unbeatable in MJ generation (except for Electric Engines converting Solar EU), while high-end Solars are unbeatable in EU generation. There's also Lava Power from Magmatic Engines, a quick and dirty way of getting renewable energy from Lava. Whole Nether is a goldmine, as you can even melt Netherrack for less than the lava you'll make will generate.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
OR, do Solars, and simply use Electric Engines for your MJ power needs. Nuclear is renewable, sort of. With an efficient enough setup and breeders, you can make more EU per piece of Uranium than it takes to make Uranium with UU-Matter, and at that point, you just keep it going. Oil -> Fuel is now renewable thanks to Oil Springs that spawn in Bedrock, so you can just go that way now. Biofuel is the classic way, and with MFR there's a new way of producing it.

Oil has been renewable for a while now.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
So i just added GT to unleashed. And notice that vanilla recipes have gone way too hard i guess.
Like if you want to make iron tools / equipment it requires some kind of hammer tungsten steel armor if i remember and iron plates?

Also making bucket requires the same things.

Can i turn this off? Or is GT implement it with no configs to be changed? Because i looked into all of the configs but no clue where it is located. What i found is only the woodplanks config that requires saw. Can anyone tell me how to turn that off?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
You can make plates with a rolling machine, or with any hammer (although the hammer is less efficient).

Disabling it should be under DynamicConfig, with the lines :
platesneededforarmormadeof
platesneededformiscmadeof
platesneededfortoolsmadeof

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
You can make plates with a rolling machine, or with any hammer (although the hammer is less efficient).

Disabling it should be under DynamicConfig, with the lines :
platesneededforarmormadeof
platesneededformiscmadeof
platesneededfortoolsmadeof

But to make the iron pickaxe require the tungsten steel hammer also. Do this config disable that too?

GT makes vanilla even harder.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
You must be new here; Welcome to FTB.
What you need to know: Powercrystals, Machinemuse and Mdyo love you. Chocorate's gender is a secret. Nyan cat is not a glitch.
And above all else: Don't mention the war RedPower2!

Well i am not entirely new here. Been using this mod almost 4 / 5 months. But i just used the unleashed with added GT mods. And notice that it really hard to even makes everything from iron and above.

I played on the 1.5.2 wgt v0.8 before and at that time vanilla even haven't been touched by GT at all.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
But to make the iron pickaxe require the tungsten steel hammer also. Do this config disable that too?

You don't need a tungstensteel hammer. You just need a hammer. They can be made out of many different materials. Not sure what the lowest tier is, but there's a refined iron one, and you can get there with stone picks just fine.

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Does Anyone know how to make soul shards?

You need to use end stone + nether rack + glowstone + diamond

Make a diamond shaped with end stone on the outside, nether rack fills the inside and glowstone in the middle of it. And right click the glowstone with diamond to get your soulshard