Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ironwolf200

Jul 29, 2019
In Direwolf20's 1.5 pack there's a key that is default-bound to "C" that places a little crafting grid on the ground, even removing snow, which you can place items into.
What mod is this a part of and how does it work? :s

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
In Direwolf20's 1.5 pack there's a key that is default-bound to "C" that places a little crafting grid on the ground, even removing snow, which you can place items into.
What mod is this a part of and how does it work? :s

I think it's from Translocators, but don't quote me on that. >_>

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think it's from Translocators, but don't quote me on that. >_>
Yup. I can confirm that that's a random feature from Translocators.

If I'm correct on how it works (I haven't played around with it yet), it allows you to use a 3x3 crafting grid before getting wood (which I think is just a hair OP- but since crafting tables are cheap, and wood is common everywhere except oceans and deserts, I can't complain too much), but is balanced by the fact that you can only craft one item at a time.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
120%, in a version 3.11 downloaded recently.

How very odd. That would imply an amplifier value of 40,000. Most other rare materials which GregTech adds are at 50,000.

Oh well, thanks anyway. Mysterious are the ways of the Greg :p

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Seriously, make a portal there and just look around, it's really quite common. :3
Hey, it's hard when said portal spawns on the literal edge of a cliff face over the lava sea and there are no less than three ghasts shooting at you. :p I had to dig in and hide, and figured, "well, if I'm mining..." :p

That said, I did eventually find some solid ground (and some of the needed ore).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What levels do cobalt and the other TiC ore spawn at in the Nether?

I am fairly sure all the nether ores do not have any sort of height checking as I've found them everywhere in the Nether.

Both the TiC ones and the PC ones.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Why does my massive iron tank have such an underwhelming storage capacity compared to my smaller ones?

I have a set of 3x3x8 iron tanks, each with 1'152'000 storage space. Not bad for an internal volume that is basically 6 blocks (1x1x6)

My overflow tank is a 9x9x8 beast but it only has a storage capacity of 10'368'000. The internal volume is 7x7x6 = 294 blocks, 49 times greater than the little tanks but I only get around ten times the capacity from it. Why is this?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Iron tanks don't count internal volume, they count all blocks the tank occupies. Xycraft only counts internal volume, by comparison.

A Railcraft iron tank's capacity is <number of blocks occupied> * 16 buckets; it's based on the capacity you would have if you filled the same 3D space with Buildcraft glass tanks. Therefore, your 3x3x8 tanks have a capacity of 3x3x8x16 = 1,152 buckets, and your large 9x9x8 tank has a capacity of 9x9x8x16 = 10,368 buckets.

The newer steel tanks do <number of blocks occupied> * 32 buckets. So if you need more room in your overflow tank, maybe swapping it for a steel one would be a way?

Reactions: malicious_bloke

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Configuration files are generally found in <FTB install directory>\<modpack>\minecraft\config. Some mods have their own subfolders in there, others just plop in their config files directly. Since it's a subdirectory of each modpack, you need to make these changes in all modpacks you want them in individually.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Iron tanks don't count internal volume, they count all blocks the tank occupies. Xycraft only counts internal volume, by comparison.

A Railcraft iron tank's capacity is <number of blocks occupied> * 16 buckets; it's based on the capacity you would have if you filled the same 3D space with Buildcraft glass tanks. Therefore, your 3x3x8 tanks have a capacity of 3x3x8x16 = 1,152 buckets, and your large 9x9x8 tank has a capacity of 9x9x8x16 = 10,368 buckets.

The newer steel tanks do <number of blocks occupied> * 32 buckets. So if you need more room in your overflow tank, maybe swapping it for a steel one would be a way?

Thanks, mystery solved :D

Someguy

Jul 29, 2019
Skystone cobble. I see it in NEI. I know it's added by Biomes-o-Plenty. But I haven't found any in any of the gazillion or so biomes I have strolled (flown) over so far.

Whenceforth cometh thou, skystone cobble(eth)?

Prodigy39

Jul 29, 2019
I don't play with Biomes O Plenty enabled, but with my knowledge I'd say the best guess is that it's from the promised land

j4n5

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB UNLEASHED when I click X on a crafting table it goes into some fancy lvl 1-10 enchanting stuff which requires no xp... so confusing and i have no idea from which mod it came from? I would appreciate any help on this :D (it takes no exp for any lvl 10 multiple enchants)