Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Well i am not entirely new here. Been using this mod almost 4 / 5 months. But i just used the unleashed with added GT mods. And notice that it really hard to even makes everything from iron and above.

I played on the 1.5.2 wgt v0.8 before and at that time vanilla even haven't been touched by GT at all.
Well, in answer of your question, Greg recently nerfed Vanilla pretty hard (which is why he now has his own modpack (unhinged) ) . If you want to play without Gregtech (and the nerfs that the mod entails) then I advise you to use Unleashed instead. It also contains some mods that weren't included in Unhinged for various reasons, such as the wonderful Tinker's Construct and Natura.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Well, in answer of your question, Greg recently nerfed Vanilla pretty hard (which is why he now has his own modpack (unhinged) ) . If you want to play without Gregtech (and the nerfs that the mod entails) then I advise you to use Unleashed instead. It also contains some mods that weren't included in Unhinged for various reasons, such as the wonderful Tinker's Construct and Natura.
Unleashed also includes DartCraft, which several people on this forum find to be a very powerful (if not overpowered) mod in the early game- the exact opposite of GregTech.

GT makes vanilla even harder.
A tip, tools made from Certus Quartz are roughly equivalent to iron, but don't require hammering or plate bending to create.

It might also be a good idea to craft a plate bending machine as soon as possible, so you don't have to waste so many ingots while hammering them into plates.

Reactions: reddvilzz

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
It might also be a good idea to craft a plate bending machine as soon as possible, so you don't have to waste so many ingots while hammering them into plates.

I think Railcraft's Rolling Machine is significantly cheaper and capable of doing the same job. The plate bending machine is useful because it overclocks, can be automated with multiple recipes by simply sending it different things/multiprocessing and runs on EU instead of MJ (for EU users).

Until Greg nerfs pistons :)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
A tip, tools made from Certus Quartz are roughly equivalent to iron, but don't require hammering or plate bending to create.
I'd hate to use up quartz on a pickaxe! That stuff is rare and valuable, you need so much of it to get an AE system up and running. I guess if it's a much easier way of getting a tool that can mine redstone and diamond, then it's probably worth using 3 as a stop-gap measure while you get your infrastructure sorted out.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
I want to put a hopper to a TiC smeltery input. The smeltery is two levels high, but when I put the controller on top it won't recognize it.

Ideas?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019

Well actually the point i am asking is just to know if i can nerfed the equipment crafting that's all. I don't care anything about GT though. Because i just used to use GT and without it the game just feels like i can get ultimate power in one day.

Only the vanilla equipment that i do care. Becaise without it, it is hard to make TC tools. Because bucket crafting need hammer and such.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I want to put a hopper to a TiC smeltery input. The smeltery is two levels high, but when I put the controller on top it won't recognize it.
A vanilla hopper or an IC2 hopper? Vanilla can be attached to a side. IC2... I don't think there's a way, if the smeltery doesn't like having the controller on top. How about a Router pulling from a chest and outputting to the side instead? Or if you don't have 1.5 then you do have RedPower.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
A vanilla hopper or an IC2 hopper? Vanilla can be attached to a side. IC2... I don't think there's a way, if the smeltery doesn't like having the controller on top. How about a Router pulling from a chest and outputting to the side instead? Or if you don't have 1.5 then you do have RedPower.
Vanilla hopper. It doesn't seem to take the input when attached to the side.
EDIT: Found what I did wrong on the MCF thread, apparently you need to have a lava tank at the same level as the controller.

Reactions: RoloisRight

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla hopper. It doesn't seem to take the input when attached to the side.
EDIT: Found what I did wrong on the MCF thread, apparently you need to have a lava tank at the same level as the controller.

I'm glad you posted the solution. I was about to automate my smeltery for clear glass and probably would've ran into the same problem.

gattsuru

May 25, 2013
But to make the iron pickaxe require the tungsten steel hammer also. Do this config disable that too?
GregTech adds a rubber hammer as the cheapest tier, and while it doesn't last long, it's a good deal easier to get than tungsten-steel.
What is the amplifier value of osmium dust in 1.5.x versions of GregTech?
120%, in a version 3.11 downloaded recently.[/quote]

Reactions: reddvilzz

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech adds a rubber hammer as the cheapest tier, and while it doesn't last long, it's a good deal easier to get than tungsten-steel.

120%, in a version 3.11 downloaded recently.
[/quote]
dont think you can use rubber to hammer out plates. rubber is for rotating/changes settings.
the lowest tier is bronze. going from ore->ingot, you need 18 copper, 6 tin,and a stick. plates cost 2 ingots to hammer out.
get the plate bending machine first alongside your other starting machines.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
If you need the menu for the waypoints, it's keyed to 'M', but you need to remove all other hotkeys from that button (there's two I think, "mode" and a locomotive one).
Is this the same case for the 1.5 Direwolf20 pack?