Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
MC has never saved achievements for me. Seriously, just bin the whole idea, save some memory resources for "better things".
It serves as the tutorial, and I'm sure that many new players find it at least marginally useful, so I would vote to keep it.

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Or simply make achievements never reset unless you do it manually. Make manual resets the only way.

Question: Is there any decent way to cover up liquiducts? I need them close to the front because I want my stills to be visible, but I don't want to see their piping. Golden waterproof pipes work... weirdly. I don't know why, the throughput should be enough by far, but they won't fill as much as is needed. I'm not really interested in installing immibis microblocks or any other new mod, if there isn't a way in the pack I'll just let them be visible. I'm playing 152ngt.

rye1994

Jul 29, 2019
Or simply make achievements never reset unless you do it manually. Make manual resets the only way.

Question: Is there any decent way to cover up liquiducts? I need them close to the front because I want my stills to be visible, but I don't want to see their piping. Golden waterproof pipes work... weirdly. I don't know why, the throughput should be enough by far, but they won't fill as much as is needed. I'm not really interested in installing immibis microblocks or any other new mod, if there isn't a way in the pack I'll just let them be visible. I'm playing 152ngt.

Apologies but I do believe that liquiducts and conduits can't be covered :/ Even with immibis microblocks.

Question - may not be simple- What causes the incompatibility with 1.6, I've heard Forge changed liquids, but how? Does that mean that all liquid would be gone from the world if updated?

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies but I do believe that liquiducts and conduits can't be covered :/ Even with immibis microblocks.
Goshdarn. Though it doesn't have to be a real cover (as, completely smooth); a decently thin block to place on the outside of it works too.
And on that, why hasn't mojan gotten around to allowing slabs to be placed on the side yet? Would be perfect for this!

rye1994

Jul 29, 2019
Goshdarn. Though it doesn't have to be a real cover (as, completely smooth); a decently thin block to place on the outside of it works too.
And on that, why hasn't mojan gotten around to allowing slabs to be placed on the side yet? Would be perfect for this!

Absolutely it would :D I'm sat here but I can't think of anything thin other than glass panes, which would interact badly cause of the whole connected-ish textures, you know what I mean I hope, lol.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
If you posted a picture I'm sure we could come up with some kind of solution.
Can't you use facades? I never tested if they work with Liquiducts.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
They don't. None of King Lemming's stuff is in any way, shape or form compatible with microblocks or covers of any kind.

I do hope that ChickenBones makes some headway with Forge MultiPart and it gets nice and widespread adoption. A mod-agnostic microblock solution is the best we can hope for.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
They don't. None of King Lemming's stuff is in any way, shape or form compatible with microblocks or covers of any kind.

I do hope that ChickenBones makes some headway with Forge MultiPart and it gets nice and widespread adoption. A mod-agnostic microblock solution is the best we can hope for.

TE is compatible with immibis microblocks now. It wasn't compatible for a while, when liquiduct/conduit connection had separate hitbox but it was removed a while ago and I have no problem covering TE blocks with IM 55.0 and TE 2.4.6.0 (I may have edited microblocks config to add TE duct/duits).

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
TE is compatible with immibis microblocks now. It wasn't compatible for a while, when liquiduct/conduit connection had separate hitbox but it was removed a while ago and I have no problem covering TE blocks with IM 55.0 and TE 2.4.6.0 (I may have edited microblocks config to add TE duct/duits).

Oh? That's good to know. Still hoping for Forge MultiPart though ;)

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any idea why I have this bug or how to solve it?
0Byqrfx
0Byqrfx.png

Every time I save and quit and rejoin, this happens to all my machines and cables. Sometimes with the ME cables too, especially if it's a long stretch of just cable, less so with busses. And look at the facing of the compressors, downwards! It's really strange and kind of annoying. It's purely visual afaik, as everything seems to work as normal, but it's strange.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019

snip

Every time I save and quit and rejoin, this happens to all my machines and cables. Sometimes with the ME cables too, especially if it's a long stretch of just cable, less so with busses. And look at the facing of the compressors, downwards! It's really strange and kind of annoying. It's purely visual afaik, as everything seems to work as normal, but it's strange.

Are you using some kind of texture pack? The only thing that I can think of that might mess up something like that would be wrathlamps, but this isn't a multiblock structure...

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, pure vanilla texture pack. Also, breaking and replacing the cable makes it look like it should.

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019

Are you on one of the beta packs? I believe this is a bug with the build of IC2 included. You can either update to a newer version (374 is a good build I think) or downgrade to an older build (I have no clue which older build, Unleashed is using 364 so maybe that one?).

Reactions: schyman

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
Are you on one of the beta packs? I believe this is a bug with the build of IC2 included. You can either update to a newer version (374 is a good build I think) or downgrade to an older build (I have no clue which older build, Unleashed is using 364 so maybe that one?).
That might very well be it! I'm running the 152ngt build. But, could I simply get unleashed and move over the world? Would that be compatible?

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
That might very well be it! I'm running the 152ngt build. But, could I simply get unleashed and move over the world? Would that be compatible?
I doubt it, from what I remember they have fairly different mods in them, but you could always back up your save and try, I suppose.
It would be a matter of comparing mod lists to see what you'd be missing out on, and that's assuming there are no ID differences.