Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
MFR: Actually harvesters have quite much larger AoE, and will also stretch upwards - this to get all the branches of a tree. I'm using a 3x3 Sakura wood farm with an unupgraded harvester, and it picks down at least in a 7x7, and at least 10 blocks high.

SC: Yeah but the farm is inside my barn, which does not have sky access! Smart idea with the CC+Holding track though.

I'm currently testing out the straw golem + wood golem (teching was surprisingly fast) and they seem to work well though, for the small scale this is.

This is the mechanic of when it encounters wood blocks only, not other types of crops.

an unupgraded harvester will only look in a 3x3 area in front of it for anything harvestable, and when it comes across the logs. Then and Only then it actually harvests upwards and outwards.

if it encounters wheat, berry bushes, potatoes, anything like that, it doesn't search for the extra bit to harvest, it only harvests that block

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
This is the mechanic of when it encounters wood blocks only, not other types of crops.

an unupgraded harvester will only look in a 3x3 area in front of it for anything harvestable, and when it comes across the logs. Then and Only then it actually harvests upwards and outwards.

if it encounters wheat, berry bushes, potatoes, anything like that, it doesn't search for the extra bit to harvest, it only harvests that block
Oooh, harvesters work with berries now? I might have to try that

schyman

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, so if there are not logs within the 3x3, it won't check for logs upwards either? Nice to know! Happy with my golems, but very good to know for the future. I love wood and logs and tend to build my stuff out of it, so I've been reluctant to use harvesters.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any good guide on thaumcraft researches?
Because i keep getting stucked and do not know what aspects to add.

And i am using the ultimate 152 wgt

Gnomeo

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah actuall what i need is the thaumic tinkerer research and thaumic bees because it is hard to find.

So if there is any guide out there that has complete list of it will be nice

I've found that string and spider eyes are helpful in Magic Bees research since they add the insect aspect (Bestiola, I believe it is called). Many of the researched items in Magic Bees require this aspect, such as the many frames it adds.

Reactions: reddvilzz

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Questions about TiC:
Does beheading affect the head drop from wither skeletons?
And what does the sharpness modifier mean when it says "has less effect on weapons with piercing qualities"?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Another TiC question..

how do the bows and arrows work?
in a quick test in creative, the arrows are lost just like normal arrows, and you can't put enchants on the bows.. So what would the point in crafting arrows be over normal arrows?

And where does the damage and modifiers come from, the bow or arrow?

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Another TiC question..

how do the bows and arrows work?
in a quick test in creative, the arrows are lost just like normal arrows, and you can't put enchants on the bows.. So what would the point in crafting arrows be over normal arrows?

And where does the damage and modifiers come from, the bow or arrow?

I would assume that the bow modifiers would affect the durability, the firing speed, and the accuracy of the bow, and that the modifiers of the arrows would affect the damage, the extra effects (poison, wither, etc.), and the chance of them being able to be picked back up.

I'm just going off random assumptions. Bows and arrows are still very new, so they might not even work.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I would assume that the bow modifiers would affect the durability, the firing speed, and the accuracy of the bow, and that the modifiers of the arrows would affect the damage, the extra effects (poison, wither, etc.), and the chance of them being able to be picked back up.

I'm just going off random assumptions. Bows and arrows are still very new, so they might not even work.

They work, but I don't understand why you'd want to craft mandillium arrows, just to waste it for example.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
They work, but I don't understand why you'd want to craft mandillium arrows, just to waste it for example.

More damge.
More durablity.
The ablity to use the TiC mods like eletric, self repair, flaming, or looting on them.

I don't see them as a waste. Sure you cant get infinity on them which is the big thing you lose over normal bows. But you can do a lot with them.

The question is with all the modded options for range attack why use a bow?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
More damge.
More durablity.
The ablity to use the TiC mods like eletric, self repair, flaming, or looting on them.

I don't see them as a waste. Sure you cant get infinity on them which is the big thing you lose over normal bows. But you can do a lot with them.

I think he's asking why you would waste your resources on arrows, not the bows themselves. Seems kinda pointless to waste manyullyn on something that you're going to fire once and never see again.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
More damge.
More durablity.

Because I'm still at early game, and thought I'd start off with Tinkers
and so I'm just exploring the options because I like finding out what a mod can do to its full extent

I understand the bow part, but crafting your own arrows doesn't make sense to me

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
In wartimes, often high-value, high-damage munitions are reserved for special tactics only. i.e. In situations where the extra power/volatility is required. This is due to the price differential between the cheaper munitions and the expensive munitions.

What I'm getting at is that having a wide variety of different arrows means you increase the versatility of your weapon. In addition to weapons customization, you are offered a chance to customize your munitions, for a price of course.

The price differential is probably going to determine which munition is better than others. More expensive, the more powerful. The price is to keep things balanced.

I hope that helps ^^

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
In wartimes, often high-value, high-damage munitions are reserved for special tactics only. i.e. In situations where the extra power/volatility is required. This is due to the price differential between the cheaper munitions and the expensive munitions.

What I'm getting at is that having a wide variety of different arrows means you increase the versatility of your weapon. In addition to weapons customization, you are offered a chance to customize your munitions, for a price of course.

The price differential is probably going to determine which munition is better than others. More expensive, the more powerful. The price is to keep things balanced.

I hope that helps ^^

I think so, basically use cheap arrows unless you're fighting bosses, then go all out?