Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Because I'm still at early game, and thought I'd start off with Tinkers
and so I'm just exploring the options because I like finding out what a mod can do to its full extent

I understand the bow part, but crafting your own arrows doesn't make sense to me

The TiC arrows do more damage. You get 4 pre ingot, rod, and feather used and can make them out of all the vaild TiC mats so unlike Vanilla areas that require flint you can make TiC out of wood, stone, slime, or anythign else that works in TiC. Also I've noticed and I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can recover arrows sometimes that HIT a mob.

Only weird thing is the arrows are animated poorly at the moment so they spin while in flight. Has not effect other then looking weird.

I do hope they add some other options for the fletchings. Something else but feathers would make them even more attative.

But yes for the msot part I use vanilla arrows on everything thats not hard to kill.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Waste expensive arrows on common enemies and shoot bosses with arrows made of tissue paper?
Cici senior[DOUBLEPOST=1374634512][/DOUBLEPOST]But in all seriousness, the expensive arrows you should save for things like PvP. PvE mobs aren't that difficult to kill aside from the wither thingy and ender thingy. They give you the opportunity for further customization to add to the experience. I don't think it's that difficult to understand, but I hope what I've said has helped you out.

If you have any further questions, please come back to the forums ^^.

SnappCraft

Jul 29, 2019
My question: How can you make Railcraft Filled Quarried Stone? I can't seem to do it the way you do it using Stone, so how do you do it?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
@WAFFLE OF WAR sorter issues from a month ago: Try placing an unsorted junk chest after your last sorter. This should clear up any stuck items.
If you have issues with items cycling through the same sorter over and over, replace the tube adjacent to the SIDE of the sorter (not the input or output) with a restriction tube.

My question: How can you make Railcraft Filled Quarried Stone? I can't seem to do it the way you do it using Stone, so how do you do it?
I don't think there is a crafting recipe- Quarried Stone spawns one block below ground level in deposits with no grass on top- you'll occasionally see 5-10 block wide, irregular block-deep holes with pale stone making the floor.

More or less the same goes for Abyssal Stone, although it seems to spawn in underground "geodes" that apparently contain more diamond, emerald, and lapis than the surrounding stone.

If you can't find any Railcraft stone, try Minefactory's whitestone and blackstone, or Extra Utilities colored bricks.

Edit:
Question:
How much aluminium brass does it take to do a cast for TiC?
Is it constant set amount or is it variable piece to piece?
I would guess one ingot's worth per cast, but I can't say as I'm sure. Should be an easy enough test, though.

Is the spawn chunk-loading behaviour the same as mod-blocks, like a World Anchor?

Just started a new world, and spawned precisely where I think I'll make my permanent home. So can I go without CC or RC chunk-loaders, and just rely on the default minecraft mechanic to keep my machines always loaded? (yeah, it sounds like a dumb question, but y'never know)
I don't know if there is any vanilla chunk loading... but you could test by placing a CC computer, typing something into its interface, going to the Nether or somewhere else a long ways away, and returning. If what you typed isn't there, then there's no spawn chunkloading.

If there is, though, it would be excessively silly on Mojang's part if it didn't work the same way as mod chunkloaders, and I think I would've heard about it.

SnappCraft

Jul 29, 2019
@WAFFLE OF WAR sorter issues from a month ago: Try placing an unsorted junk chest after your last sorter. This should clear up any stuck items.
If you have issues with items cycling through the same sorter over and over, replace the tube adjacent to the SIDE of the sorter (not the input or output) with a restriction tube.

I don't think there is a crafting recipe- Quarried Stone spawns one block below ground level in deposits with no grass on top- you'll occasionally see 5-10 block wide, irregular block-deep holes with pale stone making the floor.

More or less the same goes for Abyssal Stone, although it seems to spawn in underground "geodes" that apparently contain more diamond, emerald, and lapis than the surrounding stone.

If you can't find any Railcraft stone, try Minefactory's whitestone and blackstone, or Extra Utilities colored bricks.

Edit:

I would guess one ingot's worth per cast, but I can't say as I'm sure. Should be an easy enough test, though.

I don't know if there is any vanilla chunk loading... but you could test by placing a CC computer, typing something into its interface, going to the Nether or somewhere else a long ways away, and returning. If what you typed isn't there, then there's no spawn chunkloading.

If there is, though, it would be excessively silly on Mojang's part if it didn't work the same way as mod chunkloaders, and I think I would've heard about it.

Clearly you didn't read my question correctly. How do you make FILLED Quarried Stone? It's a block you CRAFT WITH QUARRIED STONE. Read the question better, dude!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Clearly you didn't read my question correctly. How do you make FILLED Quarried Stone? It's a block you CRAFT WITH QUARRIED STONE. Read the question better, dude!
Sorry... I wasn't aware of "Filled" versions of Railcraft's decorative blocks...
I assume that you already tried to look up the recipe in NEI?
If so, and that didn't work, then I can't help you much. I suppose try different patterns of the other quarried blocks (just one in the crafting grid, four in a square, etc.) and see if anything works.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I have been deep into bees. My biome limited the kind of bees I could breed, with out the hastle of hybriding or getting them use to the temps... so I moved my set up over a small 'lake' that counted as a beach/ocean biome. Now all it wonderful..
However...
I want to move -all- my items over... I have an indexer... and it has a LOT of bees in it.
Can I safely move this device and keep the bees with in to its new home... or when I break to move it will the sucker explode in bees if I try?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I have been deep into bees. My biome limited the kind of bees I could breed, with out the hastle of hybriding or getting them use to the temps... so I moved my set up over a small 'lake' that counted as a beach/ocean biome. Now all it wonderful..
However...
I want to move -all- my items over... I have an indexer... and it has a LOT of bees in it.
Can I safely move this device and keep the bees with in to its new home... or when I break to move it will the sucker explode in bees if I try?
There are some items in some mods, that can move blocks together with their attached tile entities.
If I understand it correctly, the Force Wrench from DartCraft (shift+right click) could work. Maybe the Wand of Dislocation from Thaumic Tinkerer also works.

Dastardly

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me, but where the hell did you find that arrows fired are wasted? They ARE reusable. They drop as an item after killing the enemy.

Sorry for a stupid question, but is there an item similiar in use to Forge Lexicon, but automated?

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Excuse me, but where the hell did you find that arrows fired are wasted? They ARE reusable. They drop as an item after killing the enemy.

Sorry for a stupid question, but is there an item similiar in use to Forge Lexicon, but automated?

you can use the Unifier from MFR, it does the same thing as the Forge Lexicon, but automated

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
There are some items in some mods, that can move blocks together with their attached tile entities.
If I understand it correctly, the Force Wrench from DartCraft (shift+right click) could work. Maybe the Wand of Dislocation from Thaumic Tinkerer also works.

So you're saying that for feed the beast ult, theres no way I can move this indexer with out it exploding in bees everywhere? Joyful joy @.x I sure hope I can pipe out of one then.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
So you're saying that for feed the beast ult, theres no way I can move this indexer with out it exploding in bees everywhere? Joyful joy @.x I sure hope I can pipe out of one then.

I know you can pipe into an indexer, so I can imagine at the very least you'd be able to pipe out of one
A portal gun may be able to move a block with associated tile entity, and that's available in ultimate

Do a test with a chest and a few items in it, try moving that around and if the items are still there it's good to move the indexer

Dastardly

Jul 29, 2019
Portal and gravity guns sadly do not work. They move chests with items fine, but they don't work on indexers at all, empty or full of bees.

Sounds like you will need to move it manually and add in bees later. Or pipe them out into a buffer storage and then pipe them out of there again, but that's likely more trouble than it's worth.

By the way, how can you reset achievements?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, how can you reset achievements?

You actually need to do it manually? They usually reset if you even look at them funny.

Achievements get reset whenever the game detects some sort of alteration to the minecraft.jar. Try switching it out for a different jar of the exact same version and see if that works. Or, add a new jarmod and then remove it.

Reactions: Dastardly

Dastardly

Jul 29, 2019
You actually need to do it manually? They usually reset if you even look at them funny.

Achievements get reset whenever the game detects some sort of alteration to the minecraft.jar. Try switching it out for a different jar of the exact same version and see if that works. Or, add a new jarmod and then remove it.

Thank you. Gonna do that. I messed up my achievements while fooling around in creative

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
MC has never saved achievements for me. Seriously, just bin the whole idea, save some memory resources for "better things".