Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
It's in the GT config (GregTech.cfg):

####################
# quantumsuit
####################

quantumsuit {
B:OverloadQSuitItems=false
B:QChestFireprotection=true
B:QChestInvincibility=false
B:QHelmetAirRefill=true
B:QHelmetHungerRefill=true
B:QHelmetLamp=false
B:QHelmetPoisonCure=true
}

Oh okay. So if i turn that on. How to activate the lamp?

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use a full Ardite pickaxe if we care so much about mining speed?
Because Cobalt is faster. :p

You can always add an ardite binding or handle to get Stonebound III, and you could also make the 3rd part paper (or thaumium, I've heard?) to put more redstone on it. The resulting combo of cobalt head plus Stonebound III plus 4 modifiers with plenty of redstone would be way faster than a full ardite pick.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep spawners running (not soul shards, normal spawners) even if you are not there? Like a grinder setup using spawners moved with a gravity gun?

The chunk loader suggest will not work for vanilla spawners which require a player to be within 16 blocks.

There really is no way outside of AFKing near a vanilla spawner to keep it running.

Other spawer systems like MFR's and Soulshards's have options to work while the player is not around. Those would only need a chunkloader to keep running.

But there is even a snag on that. with no player within 128 blocks hostel mods auto despawn. There is ways around this too but require the chunk to be loaded and no other players to be in the dimention at the time. Or a system that kills mobs before they can despawn IE within a tick of spawning.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
You can always add an ardite binding or handle to get Stonebound III, and you could also make the 3rd part paper (or thaumium, I've heard?) to put more redstone on it. The resulting combo of cobalt head plus Stonebound III plus 4 modifiers with plenty of redstone would be way faster than a full ardite pick.

The pick you are describing has 1039 dura (tested)

Cobalt Head: + 11 speed
Ardite Bind: Maximum: + 10.39 speed
Thaumium rod: + 1 rod

Redstone (max 6 mods): +18 speed

Total: 39.39 speed

A full Ardite pick has a theoretical +48 bonus. 56, factoring in Ardite's base speed. Then don't forget, redstone is not included yet.

Unless Ardite has a bonus cap, then I'm wrong.

EDIT: It actually givesa +0.042 per block broken, so +50.4 from stonebound.

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
The pick you are describing has 1039 dura (tested)

Cobalt Head: + 11 speed
Ardite Bind: Maximum: + 10.39 speed
Thaumium rod: + 1 rod

Redstone (max 6 mods): +18 speed

Total: 39.39 speed

A full Ardite pick has a theoretical +48 bonus. 56, factoring in Ardite's base speed. Then don't forget, redstone is not included yet.

Unless Ardite has a bonus cap, then I'm wrong.

EDIT: It actually givesa +0.042 per block broken, so +50.4 from stonebound.

I was just coming back to correct that, having messed around in creative :p

I originally thought 1 ardite part gave full Stonebound III, which might have just been in an earlier version, and doesn't appear to be the case now. I tested the following pickaxes using Immibis block breakers:

All ardite, 2 redstone and ball of moss, 1200 durability, mining speed 16.
At durability 581: speed 24.25

Cobalt head, paper binding and ardite handle, 3 redstone and ball of moss, 1600 durability and mining speed 24.
At durability 755: speed 26.12

I'm smashing the picks up some more to get some numbers at lower durability.

At these levels the 2 pickaxes are at about the same relative durability. Note that while the ardite pick does catch up to the cobalt pick, the cobalt pick's average speed is probably higher, given that it is still in the lead past half way durability. Of course, apparently using nearly all of the pick then using an EU upgrade on it gives a full Stonebound bonus more or less permanently, so with that upgrade the ardite pick would win easily.

EDIT: I got the ardite pickaxe down to 41 durability and it's at 26.52 speed, meanwhile at 295 durability the cobalt pickaxe is at 26.65 speed, so the extra Stonebound is ultimately not really good enough to counter the additional redstone and cobalt head speed unless the ardite pick gains more from those 40 blocks than the cobalt would gain from 294.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
The chunk loader suggest will not work for vanilla spawners which require a player to be within 16 blocks.

There really is no way outside of AFKing near a vanilla spawner to keep it running.

Other spawer systems like MFR's and Soulshards's have options to work while the player is not around. Those would only need a chunkloader to keep running.

But there is even a snag on that. with no player within 128 blocks hostel mods auto despawn. There is ways around this too but require the chunk to be loaded and no other players to be in the dimention at the time. Or a system that kills mobs before they can despawn IE within a tick of spawning.

Yeah I have a chunkloader running and it wont work. Which makes sense, because if you used a loader in an area you were quarrying for instance, and it had a spawner near you, it would just spawn over and over non stop, with nothing to kill off the mobs.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I was just coming back to correct that, having messed around in creative :p

I originally thought 1 ardite part gave full Stonebound III, which might have just been in an earlier version, and doesn't appear to be the case now. I tested the following pickaxes using Immibis block breakers:

All ardite, 2 redstone and ball of moss, 1200 durability, mining speed 16.
At durability 581: speed 24.25

Cobalt head, paper binding and ardite handle, 3 redstone and ball of moss, 1600 durability and mining speed 24.
At durability 755: speed 26.12

I'm smashing the picks up some more to get some numbers at lower durability.

At these levels the 2 pickaxes are at about the same relative durability. Note that while the ardite pick does catch up to the cobalt pick, the cobalt pick's average speed is probably higher, given that it is still in the lead past half way durability. Of course, apparently using nearly all of the pick then using an EU upgrade on it gives a full Stonebound bonus more or less permanently, so with that upgrade the ardite pick would win easily.

I just broke 1200 blocks of cobble using a full Ardite pick.

Bonus is 10.65, tops (0 durability). Disappointing.

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
I just broke 1200 blocks of cobble using a full Ardite pick.

Bonus is 10.65, tops (0 durability). Disappointing.

EDIT: I got the ardite pickaxe down to 41 durability and it's at 26.52 speed, meanwhile at 295 durability the cobalt pickaxe is at 26.65 speed, so the extra Stonebound is ultimately not really good enough to counter the additional redstone and cobalt head speed unless the ardite pick gains more from those 40 blocks than the cobalt would gain from 294.

I just added my results to my post as well. I wonder about an ardite pick with a paper/thaumium binding though...

EDIT: Just made a ardite pick with paper binding, it has 1200 durability and with 3 levels of redstone plus moss is up to 20 speed, with a 0.025 bonus per block broken. By the way, I'm hoping my version of TiC (which is a little out of date) has the same mechanics...

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I just added my results to my post as well. I wonder about an ardite pick with a paper/thaumium binding though...

EDIT: Just made a ardite pick with paper binding, it has 1200 durability and with 3 levels of redstone plus moss is up to 20 speed, with a 0.025 bonus per block broken. By the way, I'm hoping my version of TiC (which is a little out of date) has the same mechanics...

Bingo. That would the fastest pick. Just calculated. The difference between it and cobalt + 2 mods is like 0.25 or something tho.

EDIT: That pick won't surpass the cobalt one. It's gonna be like 25.5 speed.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Is speed really all that important? After a certain point, it just becomes more of a "Oh shit I just punched a hole in my house for the 1000th time with the vajra" kind of liability than a bonus. o_O

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Is speed really all that important? After a certain point, it just becomes more of a "Oh shit I just punched a hole in my house for the 1000th time with the vajra" kind of liability than a bonus. o_O

LOL yeah Super fast mining can be a draw back. I remember on RR I made the most pimp shovel around (just becuase) and with my beacon I would wreck the ground. Want to remove a block a dirt? NOPE huge crater.

Anathemia

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unhinged, does anyone know which mod makes fertilizer and the like produce green sparkles on plants when used as a right click? I need to go read about the mechanics of how that works...

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
Bingo. That would the fastest pick. Just calculated. The difference between it and cobalt + 2 mods is like 0.25 or something tho.

EDIT: That pick won't surpass the cobalt one. It's gonna be like 25.5 speed.

Just fully broke both the ardite with paper binding pick and the original cobalt/paper/ardite pick and the tool forge is reporting 26.91 for the cobalt and 27.1 for the ardite's speed. So the ardite pick is just slightly faster when used with the EU upgrade trick.

@SpitefulFox This is more FOR SCIENCE! than anything practical. The speed isn't really much faster after this tweaking anyway, given that speed has diminishing returns for saving time.

@ Anathemia Bone meal does that, and so does Forestry's fertilizer (the blue one). I can't seem to apply IC2 or MFR fertilizer manually to plants (I assume IC2 fertilizer is for crops, and MFR's for the planter).

LOL yeah Super fast mining can be a draw back. I remember on RR I made the most pimp shovel around (just becuase) and with my beacon I would wreck the ground. Want to remove a block a dirt? NOPE huge crater.

Imagine what the crater would be like if you used an excavator :)

Reactions: Riuga

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
Actually speed is really important for coal veins :p

Actually:

Cobalt, paper bind, thaumium rod gives the most speed.

2 mods (luck & moss, necessary honestly)

31 speed.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019

There is every chance I am completly wrong (Which is often the case), but I thought that turtles were considered player entities, or somehting like that which allows them to get the rare drops when mob farming with them? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Would you be able to chunk load it and dump a turtle down?

Infallible

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There is every chance I am completly wrong (Which is often the case), but I thought that turtles were considered player entities, or somehting like that which allows them to get the rare drops when mob farming with them? Am I barking up the wrong tree? Would you be able to chunk load it and dump a turtle down?

Infallible

They are player entities in respect to mob drops yes, but player entity also insinuates that they chunk-load, which they don't without a module to do so
They also don't activate spawners in the way players do, so in this case they aren't the solution