Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
What's the spawn conditions for nitro creepers?
is it everywhere in the nether, or specific spawning like on heat sand for example?

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
What's the spawn conditions for nitro creepers?
is it everywhere in the nether, or specific spawning like on heat sand for example?

Looking at the code in the Natura github, they don't appear to have any special spawn requirements that normal creepers don't. So, I guess any dark enough area with a solid floor and enough space is fair game.

Reactions: Adonis0

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Is aluminium from Tinkers Construct a vital resource? In my mod pack no other mod adds aluminium, so I'd rather disable it via the config to avoid having wasted worldgen.

Also, any way of reducing the spawn rate of the blue slimes? They are very very common.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Is aluminium from Tinkers Construct a vital resource? In my mod pack no other mod adds aluminium, so I'd rather disable it via the config to avoid having wasted worldgen.

Also, any way of reducing the spawn rate of the blue slimes? They are very very common.

It's vital to producing some alloys and also is used in making casts for metal, however gold can be used instead for the casting
I'm not sure about what else it's used for

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
It's vital to producing some alloys and also is used in making casts for metal, however gold can be used instead for the casting
I'm not sure about what else it's used for

Alumite!

Looks pimp shiny and useful for gathering cobalt early game

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019

Aluminium is from GregTech. TiC adds Aluminum. :p

But in all seriousness, you need Aluminum in order to create Alumite, which is a very good tool material on its own and the only tool material capable of mining Cobalt and Ardite, which are needed to make the best alloy, Manyullyn. Removing Aluminum would be like taking Iron out of Vanilla.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Ah, so it has some limited uses (within TiC). I may then just reduce spawn rates as I'm finding it quite often, which makes it a resource that would eventually clutter up inventories.[DOUBLEPOST=1374743568][/DOUBLEPOST]
Aluminium is from GregTech. TiC adds Aluminum. :p

But in all seriousness, you need Aluminum in order to create Alumite, which is a very good tool material on its own and the only tool material capable of mining Cobalt and Ardite, which are needed to make the best alloy, Manyullyn. Removing Aluminum would be like taking Iron out of Vanilla.

Well, I'm english, so I'll spell it correctly :p

Thanks for the info. Reduced spawn rate sounds like the best option.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
So, is there any way to get the soul stealer enchant in the new version of soul shards for 1.5.2? Other than dartcraft, of course.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed - Do Autosmelt and Luck still work together to give extra ingots from ore blocks, when used with TC picks?

I have tried making picks with autosmelt and luck on them but I only ever get 1 ingot from an ore block, the luck only works on non-ore blocks like diamond or redstone. I have tried putting luck on first, and then tried again putting autosmelt on first, but neither work.

Thanks!

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the blast resistance of glass viewers? Is there info anywhere with the blast strength of things like blaze fireballs, wither attacks, ghast fireballs, and the resistance of blocks against them?

Also.... anyone know why blazes would spawn even if you used f7 and had enough light to get rid of the red lines? I moved a blaze spawner into the overworld and sometimes even with the lights on that i set up, it still spawns blazes.

The_Enemys

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the blast resistance of glass viewers? Is there info anywhere with the blast strength of things like blaze fireballs, wither attacks, ghast fireballs, and the resistance of blocks against them?

Also.... anyone know why blazes would spawn even if you used f7 and had enough light to get rid of the red lines? I moved a blaze spawner into the overworld and sometimes even with the lights on that i set up, it still spawns blazes.

For vanilla explosion strength and resistance:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Explosion

You should (edit: if you're really lucky, I kind of misremembered the availability of this info to some extent, sorry) be able to find the blast resistance of most structural mod blocks around the place, but there's no central location for everything (you can try the FTB wiki, but o don't think all the values are even known publicly, let alone available there.

I don't know where glass viewers rate, but I'd guess better than cobblestone, which would beat ghast explosions at least. Note that you won't be resisting wither attacks, as wither projectiles treat all blocks except end portal frame and bedrock as blast resistance 4 vs an explosion power of 8(?). Force fields block wither attacks because the projectile hits the field block and blows that up, and the field block is replaced by the projector.

As for blazes I believe that they'll happily spawn in level 15 light, and torches are only 14 even at the torch.

Reactions: zorn

koeer11

Jul 29, 2019
Witches, there supposed to be spawned in the overworld, in my whole carreer of playing minecraft, I've yet to meet a witch.
Are they even vanilla?

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Witches, there supposed to be spawned in the overworld, in my whole carreer of playing minecraft, I've yet to meet a witch.
Are they even vanilla?

Yes, witches are vanilla. They are supposed to spawn in witch huts which I believe are rare structures found in swamps.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Are they even vanilla?

I ran into one, in about 4 months of playing every day. My friend that got me into minecraft has played well over a year and said he has never run into one at all.

I did, in another world, find 3-4 witch huts, but they were always empty. Apparently witches are in vanilla, just only found in swamps I guess.

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
Well, is there another way to spawn em? a mod-made way perhaps, other than straight up cheating?

There's a few ways. If you manage to find a hut, you can do it the vanilla way.

If you are using Biomes O Plenty, you can explore until you find a mystic grove and there should be several in there. I've never hung around long enough to see if they keep spawning.

The last way I know of, which may be outdated, is to use transformation powder on druids in the Twilight Forest.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I ran into one, in about 4 months of playing every day. My friend that got me into minecraft has played well over a year and said he has never run into one at all.

I did, in another world, find 3-4 witch huts, but they were always empty. Apparently witches are in vanilla, just only found in swamps I guess.

They were empty because it probably was day. Witches can only spawn in witch hut (for good analysis check Docm77 videos /Ninja: for example the one above ;) ) when it is dark enough, like for example wither skeletons and blazes can in nether fortress but not outside of them.

Some BoP biomes allow for witches to spawn in them in whole biome, you can use transformation powder on TF druid to transform it into witch or get lucky and buy a safari net with a witch from MFR villager.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
And after you find one, you can capture it in a reusable safari net, slap it in an auto-spawner, provide energy and mob essence, and farm infinite redstone, glowstone, and whatever else witch's drop. I did that once on a server, though I'll admit I stole the witch from the mob arena.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Are they even vanilla?
they are supposedly vanilla... but I've been at minecraft for about 3 years now... not once have I ever seen a witch or witch hut in vanilla. I believe they are vanilla about as much as I believe they finally kill off herobrine. Hell, I just saw my first hut when I created my 2 day old direwolf1.5 map. I might as well associate the hut with boimes plenty or natura for all I care.[DOUBLEPOST=1374768760][/DOUBLEPOST]
For vanilla explosion strength and resistance:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Explosion

You should be able to find the blast resistance of most structural mod blocks around the place, but there's no central location for everything (you can try the FTB wiki, but o don't think all the values are even known publicly, let alone available there.

I don't know where glass viewers rate, but I'd guess better than cobblestone, which would beat ghast explosions at least. Note that you won't be resisting wither attacks, as wither projectiles treat all blocks except end portal frame and bedrock as blast resistance 4 vs an explosion power of 8(?). Force fields block wither attacks because the projectile hits the field block and blows that up, and the field block is replaced by the projector.

As for blazes I believe that they'll happily spawn in level 15 light, and torches are only 14 even at the torch.
I have yet to see a mod provide information like blast resistance or durability numbers. or damage.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. Just now I noticed that there are 5 new enchantments in the FTBUnleashed pack: reading, freezing, soulbringer, vampirism and ashes. What do these do?