Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
GAH. I meant underwater. Not underground. =(
And this is for 1.6.2. So no mods outside of IC2.
1. Clear a flat area on the sea bottom.
2. Build a wooden platform above the ocean surface.
3. Build a sand sculpture of the interior space of your underwater base.
4. Set fire to the wooden platform, or just cut away with an axe. Mining Laser might work.
5. Cover the sand on the sea floor with glass.
6. Remove the sand.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Random question. How hard would an underground base be to make? I dont exactly understand all the physics of water, I know sometimes it will just flow over an opening or a path and othertimes it will flood it like.. a really big flood. I always wanted to try an underground base though but Im unsure how Id honestly go about it in a vanilla world.
When water falls, it'll fall until it hits a block, then spreads out eight in all directions, on the same plane.

If there is a drop, it'll drop until it hits another block, then the same rules apply.

This is how Etho spread water across a good portion of the nether in the MC server. Melted iceblocks into water source blocks, high up in the ceiling. Every one block drop allowed the water to spread another 8 blocks. Linear returns 8:1.[DOUBLEPOST=1373527236][/DOUBLEPOST]Either dig down into the bottom of the ocean floor, or build a small room, fill it to remove the source blocks, unfill it, then you have something to work with.

It's better if you just build into the bottom, then hollow it out and build a glass roof from there.

You can even build the glass roof one block below the sea bottom, then just clear the sea bottom layer for the most time efficient/easiest way.

Seekker

Jul 29, 2019
As a server admin you get the messages informing you when another admin spawns items onto a server.

Is there a way of allowing those messages to be put into general chat, so anyone on the server can see it ?

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get to the map menu in the .8 version of WGT FTB? I went into the hotkeys and cleared up the conflicts that were there, but when I press 'm' now I'm instantly thrown into the "make waypoint" menu. So I can make waypoints fine and all, but I can't seem to delete them ... Anyone know?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to enchant rock cutter?

I use ultimate 1.5.2 wgt v0.8. And when i wanted to enchant rock cutter with efficiency 4 in the anvil it doesn't show up the result. But when i put on diamond drills it showed up.

I though rock cutter can't be enchanted so i look up in the wiki and it is said there that it can be enchanted.

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to get to the map menu in the .8 version of WGT FTB? I went into the hotkeys and cleared up the conflicts that were there, but when I press 'm' now I'm instantly thrown into the "make waypoint" menu. So I can make waypoints fine and all, but I can't seem to delete them ... Anyone know?

Try "B".

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to enchant rock cutter?

I use ultimate 1.5.2 wgt v0.8. And when i wanted to enchant rock cutter with efficiency 4 in the anvil it doesn't show up the result. But when i put on diamond drills it showed up.

I though rock cutter can't be enchanted so i look up in the wiki and it is said there that it can be enchanted.

Enchanting electric tools is a bug, not a feature. It was never meant to be, and it doesn't work in an enchanting table, but the anvil kind of broke things. Most of the modders (except the guy from GraviSuite) actively try to fix that exploit, but sometimes it crops up again in the next version of Minecraft. Which is what happened to Greg's rock cutter, until he recently fixed it again.

Basically: consider yourself lucky if it works, but be aware that it's an exploit and might stop working in the next update.

Reactions: reddvilzz

Airship

Jul 29, 2019
That did the trick, thanks! I had inadvertently remapped B to one of the train controls (instead of M) when I tried fixing it, which is why I could not find it. Why on earth did the modmaker decide that he did not want his shortcuts showing up alongside the rest of the shortcuts? :x

RoloisRight

Jul 29, 2019
In the FTB 1.5.2 beta wgt pack, how do you check nuclear reactor temps?

It's been a long time since I've made reactors and I remember using thermal monitors which I believe were a vanilla IC2 block, but they're not in the pack. I also know that Nuclear Control has its own monitor, but that mod currently isn't in the pack. Is there anything else I can set up to watch temps? (Playing on a server so adding NC isn't an option)

Shenzo

Jul 29, 2019
In ftb 1.5.2 beta ngt how can i breed rejuvenating bee?
in Nei says it's vis + imperial but it put on a alveary with 5 mutator with uranium and it did'n mutate...

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
In ftb 1.5.2 beta ngt how can i breed rejuvenating bee?
in Nei says it's vis + imperial but it put on a alveary with 5 mutator with uranium and it did'n mutate...

Are you breeding during crescent moon? It needed it in 1.4.7.