Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ApSciLiara

Jul 29, 2019
So can't I, like, do some kind of Flatten pattern in 2D near the top, and the Filler attempts to raise the floor to that level? I could swear there was a function like that but then again, I have no clue how it works :p
I believe that would be the pattern where the top row is blank, the middle row is glass, and the bottom row is bricks. You make a 2D pattern around where you want filled, and the filler will clear a space up to 20 blocks above the shape you made, as well as filling in a space up to 20 blocks below, with the blocks you supply.

AEnd

Jul 29, 2019
What are the possibility for automatic block placing / breaking ?
The one that I know are:
  • block breaker and block placer from RP
  • mining turtles from CC
Are there other options ?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
sand/gravel?

Yeah, you're welcome to come to my world and fill all those 64x64 quarry holes with gravel by hand. (Please bring your own gravel.)

I believe that would be the pattern where the top row is blank, the middle row is glass, and the bottom row is bricks. You make a 2D pattern around where you want filled, and the filler will clear a space up to 20 blocks above the shape you made, as well as filling in a space up to 20 blocks below, with the blocks you supply.

Now that sounds more like what I had in mind, thanks!

Reactions: RedBoss

Demi

Jul 29, 2019
What are the possibility for automatic block placing / breaking ?
The one that I know are:
  • block breaker and block placer from RP
  • mining turtles from CC
Are there other options ?

MineFactory Reloaded has Block Breakers/Placers aswell.

Or if you are looking for something less accurate: Automated (i)TNT/nuke-cannons, wither-summoning contraptions, BC's builder, filler, and the various mining-tools (quarry, IC miner, arcane bore etc)

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
What's the big deal about bees? I seem to be the only one that isn't into bees but it seems like an interesting fields to get into.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It's a big deal for many people because the ExtraBees addon lets you generate non-renewables resources for free.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
What's the big deal about bees? I seem to be the only one that isn't into bees but it seems like an interesting fields to get into.

Dunno really. I like biology and its basically a biology minigame that involves luck, skill and cool genetic machines that melt bees into dna to inject into other bees..

As for the usefullness; we use bees to produce oil on our server making the fuel for the boilers renewable.. But its mostly just a fun thing to spend time on.

Also; for the forestry farms youll need to breed trees and to do so youll also need to breed bees.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Extra bees makes a lot of normally finite resources infinite.

In the 1.5.1 versions, there is totally heat. Otherwise why did I get set on fire for no reason after firing my railgun a lot?
Return fire? Sniper in the treeline with a mining laser? Sneaky friend with invisibility pots and a flint & steel?

Question, hand tools for mining obsidian, what's the best(fastest)? Yea yea I know turtles, quarries, RP2, etc, I'm just digging a tunnel through a lava ocean, using wand of cooling to obsidian the lava to make the walls, and was wondering what mines obsidian quickly, by hand. My advanced diamond drill isn't nearly as fast as I thought it would be.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Extra bees makes a lot of normally finite resources infinite.

Return fire? Sniper in the treeline with a mining laser? Sneaky friend with invisibility pots and a flint & steel?

Question, hand tools for mining obsidian, what's the best(fastest)? Yea yea I know turtles, quarries, RP2, etc, I'm just digging a tunnel through a lava ocean, using wand of cooling to obsidian the lava to make the walls, and was wondering what mines obsidian quickly, by hand. My advanced diamond drill isn't nearly as fast as I thought it would be.
Well, I'm pretty sure the Vajra will break it instantly, but it's a little on the expensive side.

Demi

Jul 29, 2019

Do you:
- just care for the tunnel, not gathering the obsidian? Replace the lava sourceblock with dirt, leaves or something similar quick to remove afterwards. Or let a turtle move through all the sourceblocks, effectively deleting them. Or a moving framemachine with xy-water outside, deleting the to-be-airblocks by shoving itself into their position
- care for both tunnel building and gathering? Wand of equal trade to dirt (etc) and mine afterwards.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'm pretty sure the Vajra will break it instantly, but it's a little on the expensive side.
Do you:
- just care for the tunnel, not gathering the obsidian? Replace the lava sourceblock with dirt, leaves or something similar quick to remove afterwards. Or let a turtle move through all the sourceblocks, effectively deleting them. Or a moving framemachine with xy-water outside, deleting the to-be-airblocks by shoving itself into their position
- care for both tunnel building and gathering? Wand of equal trade to dirt (etc) and mine afterwards.
All good solutions, thanks. It's a well established world so making a Vajra was easiest. And a bunch of lappacks to power it, it's hungry. Now to figure out how to get silk-touch on it... And what to do with barrels of obsidian...

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
All good solutions, thanks. It's a well established world so making a Vajra was easiest. And a bunch of lappacks to power it, it's hungry. Now to figure out how to get silk-touch on it... And what to do with barrels of obsidian...
You should try the wand of equal trade if you have the research for it, too. More options are better! :D

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
You should try the wand of equal trade if you have the research for it, too. More options are better! :D
Unfortunately, there's no TC on this world. Iirc TC can generate after initial world gen, so I might add it in later. Can it trade lava blocks directly? That would be an awesome way to harvest lava, and build your nether-tunnel at the same time.

Peeta

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know the power usage of MFR machines? Are they more beneficial to run off of MJs or EU?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How can I not fly so fast? I always zoom past things I want to stop at...small movements suck.
Either put your sprint boost on a toggle (press K, find the icon for spring boost (same as in the tinker table), click "Add Key" or whatever that button's called, press unused key of your choice, drag the Sprint Boost icon onto the little box that just appeared), or press Shift to move more slowly while on the ground. Additionally, you can install a parachute on your power-chestplate, and press Shift (or whatever key you use to sneak) to stop yourself instantly.

In short: Turn off your sprint boost, or add a parachute.
Instead, since you've got resources at your disposal, you could upgrade your lappack, to either Advanced or Ultimate. An Ultimate lappack is probably recommended, as it stores a whole MFSU's worth of EU, and is a crucial component in the Gravisuit.
How do I use the elixer's like strength, and regen from Xeon's. I've tried right clicking but nothing happens.
Try holding right click for a moment? Did you change your "Use Item" key to something else? If so, try whatever button you use to place blocks.
Anyone know the power usage of MFR machines? Are they more beneficial to run off of MJs or EU?
Don't know for sure, but I would assume that it uses the same efficiencies as PowerCrystals' other mod, Power Converters- found here.
Do note, however, that the machines will only accept about 10 MJ/t at each face (if I remember that correctly- don't quote me), but EU is uncapped, as all EU-consuming devices are. Thus, if you want your farms to run lightning-fast, use EU. Note, however, that anything over Medium Voltage (128 EU/packet) may cause unwanted behavior (not tested).