Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
I have the barrels arranged in a square, and each wall is connected at a corner. I chose the four sides as my way of a general organization (ores and stuff of this wall, things I make on that wall...) for the system. I don't really understand yet, but since the wall are separate, I can visualize each wall having its own sorting machine and similar, but I don't know how I could link they all to the same ender pouch and make it look nice.
This set up will still allow me to have four separate walls, and have everything go through the same chest, right? I mean it all starts in one chest and gets sorted out using only one chest?

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
What are the Lapis, Iron, Tin, Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Quartz, Diamond, Platinum and Emerald Upgrades that have appeared in NEI in Ultimate 1.0.2? I can't work out if they're from AE (because of one of them being quartz) or MFR (they need raw plastic), and either way I can't find any documentation on them.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
What are the Lapis, Iron, Tin, Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Quartz, Diamond, Platinum and Emerald Upgrades that have appeared in NEI in Ultimate 1.0.2? I can't work out if they're from AE (because of one of them being quartz) or MFR (they need raw plastic), and either way I can't find any documentation on them.
MFR upgrades for planter, harvester, fertilizer, sewers. They increase the radius of the worked area by the size. So planter with emerald upgrade (11) = 11+3+11 = 25x25 area.

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
I meant using Sand/Gravel in the filling machine. They'd fall down after being placed, and the machine would try to replace them, etc etc etc.

Filling up a quarry hole that way does sound like fun.. But it might take... To much gravel/sand. A quarry hole is 62x62 (missing one on all sides because of the frame) which is 3844 blocks per layer. If we say the quarry toke out 60 layers, that means you have to replace 230.640 blocks. Which is equal to just over 3603 stacks, or just over 3 and a half extradimentional barrels full of sand/gravel per quarry.. Might i suggest putting a layer of dirt over the topmost layer and telling one of your friends to build a house there. Just waiting untill they dig one down to hide a wire.. I should note this down on my to do list.. Now just hope noone of my server reads this forum

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
I'd argue that you should pulverize Quarrycobble, but that's just me. Why bother making cobble when you have oodles of it from the Quarry?

KyoNeko66

Jul 29, 2019
Which is why the OP specifically mentioned, "(And before anyone asks: igneous extruders.)" On the hypothetical sand/gravel front, igneous extuders -> pulverizer. :)

I might have skipped over that part then. However the point stays valid that it would take a heck of a lot of blocks to fill it back in, and turnign it into a potencional trap would be sooo much more fun.

But yes, you are right, its more then possible to get the needed amount of sand with some igneous extruders and some overclocked macerators.. Or rather.. A whole lot of them

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I'd argue that you should pulverize Quarrycobble, but that's just me. Why bother making cobble when you have oodles of it from the Quarry?
The major downside in wanting to use cobble from quarries is that you need to pass it through your system first. Usually, that means a sorting system of sorts.
That means that it could potentially slow your whole sorting system.

That is why some people decide to void what they don't need from the quarry right at the quarry, and create the cobble/dirt/gravel/sand with other contraptions.

There is also the case of people not wanting to create big holes in the world and are getting their resources either from strip mining/caving or from other sources (bees, EE, exchange with other players...).

This doesn't mean that using the already mined cobble from the quarry is wrong or anything like that, but it should give some answers to your "why".

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019

Storage. Why worry about storing it when you can void it and recreate later as needed?[DOUBLEPOST=1367835484][/DOUBLEPOST]
There is also the case of people not wanting to create big holes in the world and are getting their resources either from strip mining/caving or from other sources (bees, EE, exchange with other players...).

I wish we had an MJ version of IC2's miner. About the only thing I truly miss from that mod. A block that mines all the good stuff, leaves all the cruft, and fills in the hole after its done? Yes, please!

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
I just built myself a mobgrinder, using tier 5 soul shards. But I find that when I leave it alone and go to other parts of my base (a long way away, I have a distributed base) the spawners stop spawning. The area is chunkloaded, and the rest of the machinery seems to work fine when I'm away, but it doesn't spawn anything. What's going on? I thought tier 5 shards didn't care about player presence.