Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Test if removing texture pack or Optifine fixes it, meadows on default textures without optifine have really nice grass color.

Redstone engines are cheaper and autharchic gates don't have any real advantage here.

Gates always have an advantage of compactness, but OK.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Gates always have an advantage of compactness, but OK.
They also tend to make for bad screenshots when you are explaining a build, because you can't know at the first glance what is a standard gate and what is not.

When you make screenshots to explain how to build something, you usually want people to understand right away (item frames on the auto crafting tables and such)

Ok, I have a question this time.
How should I build my SC cart for mining purpose?
I mean, what are the good modules to use, do we make "trains", do we use standard rails or woodden ones, do we make it light the place or not...

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
They also tend to make for bad screenshots when you are explaining a build, because you can't know at the first glance what is a standard gate and what is not.

When you make screenshots to explain how to build something, you usually want people to understand right away (item frames on the auto crafting tables and such)

I mean, what are the good modules to use, do we make "trains", do we use standard rails or woodden ones, do we make it light the place or not...

That is pretty good of an explanation.

Make it light the place, you'll need a coal engine, a drill (two types, the gal-one is better I think.) and a light placer, chests and a rail placer. You can link Steve Carts with Crowbars.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can link carts, but this part of the question was more like:

Do I make 1 Mining +liquid detector +rail placer +coal engine +as much inventory possible and attach it a cart that handles the torch placement (was a bit wonky in the previous versions)?

As a side question, let me add this: Can I make carts fully dedicated to item hauling, and making the whole mining cart directly transferring items to the one that has a lot of inventory space?

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
I know you can link carts, but this part of the question was more like:

Do I make 1 Mining +liquid detector +rail placer +coal engine +as much inventory possible and attach it a cart that handles the torch placement (was a bit wonky in the previous versions)?

As a side question, let me add this: Can I make carts fully dedicated to item hauling, and making the whole mining cart directly transferring items to the one that has a lot of inventory space?

A previous cart I built for mining in a different world also used the level controlling thingy (sorry for vagueness, I can't remember offhand what it's called), a liquid detector, and also a bridge builder. That way I could start it on the surface, set it to the level I want it to get down to, it could move around lava and water, any gaps in the floor, and generally be awesome.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, do the things that get sucked up to the moon by a portal gun fall down again? because i sucked my cow farm up there, and i was hoping to get my meat back...

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, i installed the cloaking device on my power armor, but my friend still sees my name tag, and my armor... i thought it turned you fully invisible? is there a way around this?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, i installed the cloaking device on my power armor, but my friend still sees my name tag, and my armor... i thought it turned you fully invisible? is there a way around this?
You have to activate it.

And you need camo upgrade to hide the armor while your body is invisible as well.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019

Off-topic alert! "For ay the brose ye sup at e'en,
Ye bock them or the morn, lassie." Do you mean this sort of thing when you say "sup"? (That's from this Burns poem) Are you taking a little drink before you start your question?

;)

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
sup, just wondering, does the weight of the power tool from Modular power suits effect the total wight of my armor? if my combined armor weighs 25kg, and my tools weighs 10, is that 35? or is it separate?
yes. for now it only does when equipped. in 1.5.1 it does it whenever it's in your inventory.
Maybe? The active camouflage just acts like an invisibility potion.

Domicilius

Jul 29, 2019
also, what upgrade? i have all addons for the armor.

Whats meant is to change the armor so its invisible. IIRC its a cosmetic upgrade. The camo makes the player's skin change, but will still show armor. If you have the cosmetic upgrades to hide the look of the armor, then only your skin will show, but it will be invisible. Whatever is in your hand will still show, so switch to an empty spot.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019

For a basic mining cart I'd recommend:
standard hull​
basic drill​
coal engine​
liquid sensor​
height controller​
torch placer​
large railer​
bridge builder​
top chest​
internal storage x3​
and maybe an incinerator (depending on whether you want to feed it lava or not)​

If you're going whole hog with the galgadorian drill and moving up to the reinforced hull, you'd be able to use extracting chests, so you might want to skip the torch placer in that case (particularly that even with an incinerator you'll fill up your inventory quick mining a 9x9 area). You should also consider adding on a chunk loading module. You can fit it in on a less complex hull, but I find the other bits and bobs more useful.