Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
True, but even Diamond Pipes will only distribute items roughly, with the same fuzzy imprecision you get at any BC Transport Pipe intersection. The advantage with Diamond Pipes is you can set up distributions other than 50/50 (e.g. by putting two Cobble in one row and one Cobble in another, you'll get a rough 66/33 split).
I think diamond pipes distribute precisely too. Back in the EE2 days I had an all-BC piping system to autocraft dark matter and red matter just for fun. I had aeternalis and diamonds and all that jazz being split up in very strange ratios, and never once did I see a single excess item show up anywhere in the system.

I suppose things could have changed since then, but that would strike me as a very strange and uncalled for nerf...

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
Can you still combine multiple soul shards to get additional souls in a shard? The wiki says combining two shards that each have one kill gives you a shard with 124 kills. What will I get if I combine one shard with 50 kills and one kill each on two other shards?

If combining soul shards doesn't work, soul shards don't care where the souls come from, right?

If combining shards doesn't work, what I'm thinking of doing is getting 64 creeper kills on one shard, then building a simple trap with drop, leaving the creepers as one hit kills. Then, I can simply kill the creepers coming from the created creeper spawner and get to tier 3 or 4 a lot easier than hunting creepers. This way, I don't have to look for creepers and worry about them accidentally exploding before I kill them, I just stand there, afk, and come back a few minutes later and get a bunch of kills.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
This is a glitch in the 1.4.7 version of soul shards. He was working on the fix for 1.5.x.

Not sure if its fixed yet though.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Can you still combine multiple soul shards to get additional souls in a shard? The wiki says combining two shards that each have one kill gives you a shard with 124 kills. What will I get if I combine one shard with 50 kills and one kill each on two other shards?

If combining soul shards doesn't work, soul shards don't care where the souls come from, right?

If combining shards doesn't work, what I'm thinking of doing is getting 64 creeper kills on one shard, then building a simple trap with drop, leaving the creepers as one hit kills. Then, I can simply kill the creepers coming from the created creeper spawner and get to tier 3 or 4 a lot easier than hunting creepers. This way, I don't have to look for creepers and worry about them accidentally exploding before I kill them, I just stand there, afk, and come back a few minutes later and get a bunch of kills.

pretty sure mobs spawned by a soul shard dont count towards other soul shards

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Can you still combine multiple soul shards to get additional souls in a shard? The wiki says combining two shards that each have one kill gives you a shard with 124 kills.
What wiki? Where? This is the first I've heard this. I certainly hope not; Soul Shards is already a hilariously titanic game-changer (my new "FTB-friendly" expression for broken). There's a time and a place for such a redstone-controlled, light- and dimension-independent, 3-mobs-per-second spawner of anything at virtually no resource cost, infrastructure cost, or tech-tree prerequisites: Creative Mode.

Then, I can simply kill the creepers coming from the created creeper spawner and get to tier 3 or 4 a lot easier than hunting creepers.
Won't work: The "souls" of mobs generated by a Soul Shards spawner, including their bred offspring, do not contribute to a Soul Shard on your hotbar.

This way, I don't have to look for creepers and worry about them accidentally exploding before I kill them, I just stand there, afk, and come back a few minutes later and get a bunch of kills.
You could just spawn Creepers in via NEI. It'll save you the need to afk, so you can get back to playing.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
sup. just wondering, what is the best circuit board to apply to my electrical engines? also, the max speed for a quarry is 30 mj/t right?

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
What wiki? Where? This is the first I've heard this. I certainly hope not; Soul Shards is already a hilariously titanic game-changer (my new "FTB-friendly" expression for broken). There's a time and a place for such a redstone-controlled, light- and dimension-independent, 3-mobs-per-second spawner of anything at virtually no resource cost, infrastructure cost, or tech-tree prerequisites: Creative Mode.
It did work at a time not too long ago. I haven't tried it myself recently.
And while I can certainly understand where you're coming from about soul shards, there is ONE investment that DOES have to be made. TIME. And it's a rather sizable investment at that, depending on the type of mob you're going after. In the process of getting a tier-5 shard you will have collected a pretty hefty supply of that mob's drops anyway, so it really doesn't bug me that those items can be made renewable at that point. I like renewable. I understand that for some people's playing style it's too easy. And if I had more time on my hands to hunt down mobs until the end of time it might be for me too. But, for now at least, to me it doesn't make the game broken, it makes it fun.

That said, the whole anvil exploit is a tad ridiculous even for me. But that will be fixed theoretically...

Reactions: shockwave95

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
RedPower Pneumatic Tubes will distribute items perfectly evenly at an intersection, if all valid destinations are exactly the same distance away. So you can create a 50/50 split by putting two inventories to either side of a Pneumatic Tube,

Euno, my experience does not bear out your assertion. I have a tube network which delivers logs from a steves cart farm to two barrels, each feeding a 36HP boiler. The run of tube splits at a T-Intersection (left and right) across the the barrels, each one block from the intersection (and there's an overflow barrel upline behind a restriction tube)

It has been running now for two months and the log supply is ONLY JUST enough to match consumption by the boilers.

Filters under the barrels pull a stack every time their corresponding TE Sawmill is empty. Supply from the SC Farm comes in bursts of between a stack and a half to two stacks or so. When logs arrive to the barrels they often top off one but not always both. Whenever they are at different levels, the right barrel ALMOST ALWAYS holds significantly more and is often full while the left side is down 2 or 3 stacks.

Both bollers consume exactly the same amount, so there is clearly a bias in the delivery side. Sorry, its not 50/50

TL;DR Pneumo tubes do not always deliver evenly but may exhibit bias.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
@ Eunomiac, un worry: The even splitting between destinations of redpower tubes only works in one very specific case: when the distance to the different choices is zero. In other words, when the the different inventories are all attached directly the the end of a tube. In all other cases, the default mechanic of "closest inventory gets filled first" takes precedence, and if the inventories are the same distance apart it just picks one to start with. Also, even in that one specific case I wouldn't claim that the split is perfect. It might be just as random as Buildcraft pipes do it. I'll test this later today...

@ OttoSoul: The max effective input of a quarry is 48 MJ/t, and the best circuit board for electrical engines is the one that best suits your situational needs.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper Soul Shard.

So atm I have two Soul shards on my hot bar. They are a little way off Tier 5 but I'm starting to think about adding them to my CC XP room. My Question is: Are the Creepers that spawn from the Soul Shard in the water room that pushes to the Mellee turtles going to hiss fiss bang once they are struck by the turtle? As the Blaze spawns don't (shoot fire) Im hoping Creepers don't explode?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I void all the cobblestone, who needs cobblestone when you can generate it for free?

As for creepers I haven't tested it but no I don't think they'll explode, what makes them hiss is the proximity to an actual player, not the fact of being hit.

Anyway I have a question, I'm now playing ultimate but I was playing DW20 before and I updated manually extra bees when I was using 4.1(simply replaced the zip with the newest version).
4.1 had a crash bug with the bee indexer. Anyway after updating my indexer had turned to sand(Block ID issue I guess) but since I had gotten all my bees out I didn't care much.
Then I updated to DW20 4.2 that has an updated version of extra bees and all my extra bee genetic machines had turned to sand again.

I'm curious if anyone knows the reason behind this? I didn't touch any config file so I'm kinda confused about the reason it happened.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Personally I void all the cobblestone, who needs cobblestone when you can generate it for free?

As for creepers I haven't tested it but no I don't think they'll explode, what makes them hiss is the proximity to an actual player, not the fact of being hit.

Anyway I have a question, I'm now playing ultimate but I was playing DW20 before and I updated manually extra bees when I was using 4.1(simply replaced the zip with the newest version).
4.1 had a crash bug with the bee indexer. Anyway after updating my indexer had turned to sand(Block ID issue I guess) but since I had gotten all my bees out I didn't care much.
Then I updated to DW20 4.2 that has an updated version of extra bees and all my extra bee genetic machines had turned to sand again.

I'm curious if anyone knows the reason behind this? I didn't touch any config file so I'm kinda confused about the reason it happened.

Cheers for that. Pretty much how I thought it was going to be. Just don't get to close while they are being smacked with turtles.
Got Cobble turn it to scrap!
Still on 4.1? Not sure if it can be done but try an increment save through the patches. If you have an original save. I updated right away with each patch on DW20 pack. Hate to say it but it's true of most. Sometimes things that are changed don't always get mentioned. If you can, if it's even possible try installing patches in order with a save inbetween then move to next patch. Save install next and save etc. 4.1 to 5. whatever is a bit of a jump.
Sounds like something big got changed between one of the patches that threw things out. But then I'm only guessing as I havent really gone hard on anything.
Must do a TourDeBase video so all can have a laugh and tell me what I'm doing wrong. :)

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
I've seen creepers explode around turtles, and blazes and skeletons firing at them.
Yeah theres a hole inbetween my 5 attacking turtles where the Skellies shoot at me. And I occasionaly get hit.
My Tier5 Blaze Spawner does the same, when they can see me they shoot at me. So will have to think a bit before placing my Creeper Spawner. Can't get to close!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Soul Shard Spawner mobs are different to regular mobs, there's an ID difference and they don't count towards Soul Shards. My question is: do they prevent a spawner of the other type from spawning? A skeleton spawner won't spawn if there's a skeleton within 8 blocks of it. Does it matter what type? In practical terms: can I have a vanilla spawner and a Soul Shards spawner right next to each other and get them both to spawn simultaneously for extra mobs? It would speed up my Blaze Rod production if I could bring a spawner through from the Nether and have both running when I'm nearby. It would make spawn room maintenance more tricky though!

Deniz Kurdak

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys. I've been trying to pump lava from nether. I got a Xycraft tank with a tesseract connected to the valve and I have the identical setup in the overworld. At the begging things worked smoothly but after a while the tesseracts stopped sending any liquid. CAn anyone think of a solution or know what's causing the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys. I've been trying to pump lava from nether. I got a Xycraft tank with a tesseract connected to the valve and I have the identical setup in the overworld. At the begging things worked smoothly but after a while the tesseracts stopped sending any liquid. CAn anyone think of a solution or know what's causing the problem?
Thanks in advance.

Do you have a chunkloader in the Nether to keep that area loaded? If not that's the reason.