Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
How do I send a redstone signal when a block is placed? I have a warehouse in which Charcoal blocks will fill up, and I want to detect when it's full by sending a signal when a certain space is occupied.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best use of charcoal? Rather, what are some non-obvious uses/ways to get more MJ/EU per peice? Or to use it for something besides fuel, it's a byproduct of my powerplant, I'm looking for interesting things to do with it.

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
How do I send a redstone signal when a block is placed? I have a warehouse in which Charcoal blocks will fill up, and I want to detect when it's full by sending a signal when a certain space is occupied.
I don't know how much space you have, but this works:
powered repeater -> block/space -> redstone

Reactions: Chocorate

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best use of charcoal? Rather, what are some non-obvious uses/ways to get more MJ/EU per peice? Or to use it for something besides fuel, it's a byproduct of my powerplant, I'm looking for interesting things to do with it.
Charcoal isn't really that useful, at least not in being unique. I think it's just a farmable alternative to Coal. I always use Charcoal. ;3

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to prevent IC2 cables from connecting to themselves or machines/transformers without just moving them? Like covers work with pneumatic tubes, I think...

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. Then this is gonna be a problem.
IC2 Problem.png

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. I'll mess around with it a little bit. It'd be nice to have some "IC2 covers." Grrrr.[DOUBLEPOST=1365307217][/DOUBLEPOST]By the way, does anyone know what that wrench that is made out of only 4 bronze instead of 6? If you search wrench in NEI, it's the slightly yellowish one.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Using gold wire as an output from a MFSU is also a bad idea, since it can only transport up to 128 EU/p.

I think that's an input cable.

The array seems to go: gold cable -> MFSU -> HV transformer -> MV transformer -> LV transformer -> machines.

The HV transformer, of course, is unnecessary, because the MV transformer can already handle 512 -> 128 and the LV one can do 128 -> 32.[DOUBLEPOST=1365333862][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay. I'll mess around with it a little bit. It'd be nice to have some "IC2 covers." Grrrr.

I think GregTech is working on something like that for 1.5.1.

Meraj

Jul 29, 2019
Where is the FTB Ultimate world files save folder located and where do i put the world to make my FTB ultimate server use it!

Meraj

Jul 29, 2019
err... part 1- you said the world saves are in the saves folder, where is the saves folder???

Meraj

Jul 29, 2019
if you mean the normal vanilla .minecraft folder, its not there, otherwise please specify!

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The exact location on your PC is unknown to us.
Start your FTB launcher, go to options and look in the top row: "Install folder..."
There you'll find it.

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
I was wanting to add MFR to my DW20 pack and was wondering if there would be any problems such as ID conflicts? Also, would the steel from railcraft and steel from MFR be interchangeable?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
I was wanting to add MFR to my DW20 pack and was wondering if there would be any problems such as ID conflicts? Also, would the steel from railcraft and steel from MFR be interchangeable?

1) There might be ID conflicts, check if a MFR config is in your config folder. If not, you can copy the config from Ultimate, it should be compatible.

2) I don't seem to remember MFR having steel, but that's probably just my memory acting up. If it has steel, they're interchangeable.