Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Which mod turns rain into a small cube with a spreading animation on landing? Need to disable that effect, overrides Dynamic Surroundings. I updated a ton of mods, and that started happening.

Fancy Block Particles. It might be abbreviated FBP

I run this and dynamic surroundings simultaneously with no issues, though.

Reactions: Golrith
S

Suntanned Duck2

Anyone know how to get past the 5 posts and not have the restriction still on you? (Stupid to say I know but hear me out). I have posted more than 5 but until now (after just posting this one it change to 6?) but for some reason it was still not updating. What counts as a post and what doesn't then or is it just the system updating isn't catching up? My guess was more so towards if the user had posted in multiple threads instead of just the same thread once or twice but now I have no clue.

And I can't post an image to show evidence. Sigh what is this.

Should I report this or create a new account instead? Other than not using the account since 2017 until now I'm unsure why this is happening. Do I need staff approval or something instead of it just reaching 6 posts and updating to remove the restriction?

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Fancy Block Particles. It might be abbreviated FBP

I run this and dynamic surroundings simultaneously with no issues, though.
Thanks, I never even considered this mod. While I love the block break particles, the rain blobs just don't appeal to me.

S

Suntanned Duck2

@Golrith EDITED: Ok... so I posted this now and it ticks over to 7 posts but I also just tweaked my settings for the timezone and the 'people can see things your viewing' options and the restriction message is gone (posted a link in the thread I wanted to and I still get a caution message for posting links but not a restriction as in on the main forum page stating the 5 posts message)? Is there a 6 = 5 posts and 7 = 6 situation in their code or is this a weird bug?

Last edited:

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Is there a mod that, if two items have the same crafting recipe, lets you choose which item to craft?
The Worktable from Forestry For Minecraft does this. What I use it for the most is with the various metals from all the different mods (6 different tin ingots, 7 different coppers, etc., most with their own blocks). I can use the Worktable to craft any block from any ingot of that type or vice versa.

I'm sure it works for instances of unique items sharing a recipe because of mod recipe conflicts, but I haven't run into it since I'm playing through Infinity Evolved, and they were pretty clean with their mod integration.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
This is still happening and it makes NO SENSE! lol

Anyone have any fresh ideas on how I can even word this in google? I've gotten absolutely no where. This just started happening on day and nothing makes sense!
Are you running Windows 10? It has an option in the display settings for zooming in apps, and I've had it conflict with some projection software recently. When I set it to 100%, the projection software took up only a portion of the screen instead of the whole thing, so I had to set it to 125% for the software to use the entire screen.

You can get to that by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting "Display Properties." I think the setting is about halfway down, but I'm on a computer running 8.1 right now and can't confirm.

Reactions: Drbretto

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
FTB Infinity Evolved: Expert Mode.

I've been trying to make an arcane infuser for the last several sessions, but it refuses to initiate. I noticed at one point that the recipe listed athaumium-capped scepter, but that didn't work either. I later noticed the scepter was filled, which was 150 vis, but I want to use the big ichorium scepter instead. I finally filled that with 150 of each vis, but it's still not infusing.

My only thought is that it might require a filled scepter, which would take freaking forever for this scepter. Anyone know for sure what the requirements are for this recipe?

***EDIT***
I decided to test this out, so I'm currently charging up an ichorium maxed wand to full, but I don't know of a way to creative-max a wand, so I just set up the max size of node stabilizers with nodes around a recharge pedestal and am just breaking and replacing them as they deplete.

Does anyone know of a way to auto-charge a wand in creative mode? I'm sure this will wrap up before anyone gets back to me, but I'd like to not have to go through all this again in future if I ever need one of these for testing.
***/EDIT***

Last edited:

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
The wand finally charged up all the way, and after replacing the thaumium-bossed wand, the altar wouldn't infuse the molecular assembler. It would seem that it requires a fully-charged thaumium-bossed silverwood scepter, despite the fact that the unofficial FTB wiki (only big wiki I know of that has an entry for the device) hints that you can use different wands or scepters for the infusion.

So I guess I have a spare ichorium wand in my survival world now. :/

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
The wand finally charged up all the way, and after replacing the thaumium-bossed wand, the altar wouldn't infuse the molecular assembler. It would seem that it requires a fully-charged thaumium-bossed silverwood scepter, despite the fact that the unofficial FTB wiki (only big wiki I know of that has an entry for the device) hints that you can use different wands or scepters for the infusion.

So I guess I have a spare ichorium wand in my survival world now. :/

Considering the number of tweaked recipes in IE:Expert, I wouldn't trust any recipes other than what's in NEI. Not to worry - you'll probably need that ichorium wand for something.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Are you running Windows 10? It has an option in the display settings for zooming in apps, and I've had it conflict with some projection software recently. When I set it to 100%, the projection software took up only a portion of the screen instead of the whole thing, so I had to set it to 125% for the software to use the entire screen.

You can get to that by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting "Display Properties." I think the setting is about halfway down, but I'm on a computer running 8.1 right now and can't confirm.

So!

This is totally it and I can't thank you enough!

However, my windows scaling has always been at 300%. I run it on a TV 8-10 feet away at 4k, you need 300% to be able to see anything at all. It's never affected this before. In the grand scheme of things, u guess it's not that big if a deal, I can just flip it on and off. But why is it suddenly affecting minecraft?

Now that I think about it, it might have been a java update.... To Google!

Edit: I was able to find an option to disable high dpi scaling from the javaw exe, and all is right again! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I was about to have to quit playing Minecraft forever!

Last edited:
Reactions: Brotuulaan

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
So!

This is totally it and I can't thank you enough!

However, my windows scaling has always been at 300%. I run it on a TV 8-10 feet away at 4k, you need 300% to be able to see anything at all. It's never affected this before. In the grand scheme of things, u guess it's not that big if a deal, I can just flip it on and off. But why is it suddenly affecting minecraft?

Now that I think about it, it might have been a java update.... To Google!

Edit: I was able to find an option to disable high dpi scaling from the javaw exe, and all is right again! Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I was about to have to quit playing Minecraft forever!
Great to hear! Makes sense there's a disable option in java for that, so it certainly could have been an update. I may in future return to ask where you found that option (who knows what future updates may bring?), so heres hoping that you're around to help me back!

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
Back in Minecraft after a several year sabbatical.. Playing the Infinity Evolved pack at the moment, what is my best bet for lighting large areas? I remember there being some bloody great lamp things back in the day, but that might have been back on 1.4.7

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Back in Minecraft after a several year sabbatical.. Playing the Infinity Evolved pack at the moment, what is my best bet for lighting large areas? I remember there being some bloody great lamp things back in the day, but that might have been back on 1.4.7

I'm really partial to Managlass (no power needed! and you can also use a Saw on them to micro-block them) Carpenter's Blocks with Glowstone are a little pricier in this pack, but once you have a Sawmill, it's not so bad. The lamps from Railcraft (I think - I've got both the 'bloody' and the 'frosty' version) are a classy-looking alternative to torches. And, for lighting large 'outdoor' areas, Witchery's Glint Weed does nicely. If you put them on anything but dirt/grass, they won't spread - I just think they look weird inside. Higher end - you've got Blaze Lamps and Thaumcraft Nitor. There's a sleek looking ceiling light - I remember it used glowstone blocks in the recipe, and comes in both regular (power to turn on) and inverted (power to turn off). Word of warning, though: You will need tons of Glowstone if you want to take this pack to the end.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I'm really partial to Managlass (no power needed! and you can also use a Saw on them to micro-block them) Carpenter's Blocks with Glowstone are a little pricier in this pack, but once you have a Sawmill, it's not so bad. The lamps from Railcraft (I think - I've got both the 'bloody' and the 'frosty' version) are a classy-looking alternative to torches. And, for lighting large 'outdoor' areas, Witchery's Glint Weed does nicely. If you put them on anything but dirt/grass, they won't spread - I just think they look weird inside. Higher end - you've got Blaze Lamps and Thaumcraft Nitor. There's a sleek looking ceiling light - I remember it used glowstone blocks in the recipe, and comes in both regular (power to turn on) and inverted (power to turn off). Word of warning, though: You will need tons of Glowstone if you want to take this pack to the end.
are u sure they are playing expert mode? they could be playing normal mode.

Lohengrin

Jul 29, 2019
Playing Enigmatica 2 (normal) and recently had the Xs for the f7 light level become grey. I can still see the Xs, albeit faintly as they are light grey which is tricky to see on stone. Wouldn't know which is yellow and which is red. Thinking maybe I toggled something on accident or maybe something is inferring in some way? Pretty much unaltered mod pack aside from adding Fossils and Archeology, and that's never been an issue before. Concurrently, about 75% of the name plates over NPCs and mobs are grey as well. A handful are normal, like on vanilla pigs/chickens/cows...but not all of them. At first I thought it was just the Animalia creatures, but that doesn't pan out as it affects all name plates outside the vanilla animals (mobs, villagers, etc are grey.). I will go back through settings and keybindings tonight just in case, but I can't see how that would be a feature. Press N to make almost all name plates washed out grey and essentially worthless... Thoughts?

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013

Thanks for the reply, I did try blaze lamps and nitor, they are both pretty weak really compared to the lamps I remember using. I'm talking about lighting a roughly 50 x 200 block workshop with a ~15high block ceiling.

EDIT, The lamps I was using were Wrath Lamps, thats the sort of thing I'm looking to replicate if possible.

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks for the reply, I did try blaze lamps and nitor, they are both pretty weak really compared to the lamps I remember using. I'm talking about lighting a roughly 50 x 200 block workshop with a ~15high block ceiling.

EDIT, The lamps I was using were Wrath Lamps, thats the sort of thing I'm looking to replicate if possible.

Did a poke into Reddit, and someone mentioned Thaumcraft's 'Arcane Lamps', which apparently cover a pretty decent area. You may also consider 'floating' your lights (Nitor doesn't require a supporting block, only a block during placement, for example.) A 15 meter ceiling in a modern warehouse would likely have suspended fluorescent lights (sawing any light-producing block gives you a multitude of aesthetic choices).

P

Pancakeisdope

I need some assistance. Im currently playing the Jurrasic-craft modpack and with the Animania mod, I can't get Vanilla Minecraft eggs.

S

Suntanned Duck2

@Pancakeisdope while I don't know much about the pack is there a recipe for Vanilla eggs at all in JEI or whatever recipe mod there is? (I checked the mod wiki for Animania and thought I'd ignore the pack's logic to see if it's possible normally and that doesn't seem to be the case). Like the ability to convert to those eggs or maybe you might need an ore dictionary converter for it (if the modpack doesn't already have one), or if there isn't say a spawn egg mod that allows for you to craft them (besides already requiring eggs usually for those).