Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Does the autocrafting process in AE have a bug where sometimes it decides it doesn't want to finish a job? I keep ordering blood stained blocks to smelt in my TiCon smeltery for primal mana, and it keeps doing part of my order and then hanging the rest in memory. Just ordered 30, and it only gave 11 and left the rest to sit there. It's really annoying.

It seems to be somewhat unique to this block I don't think I've noticed this with anything else thus far.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
In this video, TKH shows a very compact way of extracting channels from an ME controller. He uses an extra controller on the side to provide channels/power to the P2P Tunnels, but then he says something about extracting the channels like a backbone, and it sounds like he's saying the tunnels come out the other side of the extra ME controller.

Is that how it works, or you you have to extract the tunnels' channels via a branch off the dense cable he set up?

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
Is there a mod that, if two items have the same crafting recipe, lets you choose which item to craft?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Interactions modpack, and I'm using FTB Utilities to chunk-load one 16x16 field of crops (Canola, from Actually Additions) while I'm offline from the server.
When I return the next day, I find something odd in the field. The interior blocks grow just fine... however, the extreme edge blocks in the chunk DO NOT grow at all.
So the field is always 14x14 fully grown, while the last block all the way around the entire chunk is still at growth stage 0%. Yes, I have sufficient lighting in the field so all the blocks have proper light level.
Can anyone explain why this is happening? Is there a solution to it? What is the reason for it happening, is it a problem with the FTB Utils chunk-loading feature?

Edit: And now it is back to working properly again. I tried breaking and re-planting the crops, that changed nothing. Then I messed around with loading and unloading the chunk in FTB Utils, and also with claiming and unclaiming the chunk. I also chunk-loaded the adjacent chunks and then immediately un-chunk-loaded them... and then I logged off. When I returned, the entire 16x16 field is now growing fully again, so whatever I did must have worked. I suspect there is some issue with FTB Utils, but that's for somebody else to take it from here. My work is done!

P.S. I almost forgot, but something else really weird happened yesterday too... normally, when I harvest the Canola plants, I don't get any player experience for it. There's no XP drops for harvesting, just the canola and seed drops. But... one time yesterday, I logged onto the server to harvest my crops, and guess what happened? I got TONS AND TONS of XP just by harvesting the Canolas. LOL It hasn't happened before, or since, but just in that one harvest, I zoomed from XP level 32 to XP level 76. Can you understand how many XP points that actually is? It's beyond huge, it's ridiculous. I'd have to eat 100 stacks of lotus drops to achieve that much XP (and it would take me 2 hours to eat em all)... but in a mere 2 minutes, I got that much XP for harvesting my crops. Isn't that weird? Some strange stuff happening in FTB Interactions, but it's still a very stable modpack for the most part. Great modpack, best FTB pack in years IMO.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod that, if two items have the same crafting recipe, lets you choose which item to craft?

This really shouldn't ever happen in the game. Typically, the modpack creator would manually change one of the recipes to something slightly different in order to prevent this conflict. Are you playing one of the major modpacks, or did you put it together yourself?

Reactions: Brotuulaan

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's always something with minecraft.

No idea why at all, but now when I launch minecraft, if I go into full screen mode, it looks like I'm trying to run it at 4k on a monitor that can do 720. I have quadruple checked my desktop is set to 4k. Minecraft is set to be at desktop resolution.

Even the launch screen (via MMC, set to a small window) is all zoomed in when in windowed mode. I can run the game in windowed mode, too, but it looks like it's rendering at like 720.

Nothing else looks weird on my PC at all, it's just minecraft. Any ideas?

S

Suntanned Duck2

Is it ok to make a thread based around Modloaders other than Forge? Like for Fabric and linking to the FTB wiki entry on it but also stating and updating posts with updated or newly created mods related to that Modloader and giving users help with video tutorials and assistance also if they need it. Basically a Forum based wiki but with posts being for mod updates and assisting other users/newcomers to that Modloader? Just curious. I did this on the MCForums but due to the fact it's archiving I need a new place to do this since I don't have any others that suit the way I do things.

Reactions: LordPINE

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Is it ok to make a thread based around Modloaders other than Forge? Like for Fabric and linking to the FTB wiki entry on it but also stating and updating posts with updated or newly created mods related to that Modloader and giving users help with video tutorials and assistance also if they need it. Basically a Forum based wiki but with posts being for mod updates and assisting other users/newcomers to that Modloader? Just curious. I did this on the MCForums but due to the fact it's archiving I need a new place to do this since I don't have any others that suit the way I do things.
I mean, I really don't see any reason why not! That sounds incredibly useful actually. There are mods available on Curseforge for 1.14 I think, and I'm pretty sure you need Fabric for those. Not sure where the best place for it on here would be, but it sounds like a good idea!

Maybe under General - Chat - General Discussions?

Reactions: LordPINE
S

Suntanned Duck2

@GamerwithnoGame Thanks for the help/response, I still have yet to learn my way around these forums, but this idea was a huge help for users last time I did it due to finding info on them not being too easy sometimes (like GitHub or odd tutorials) and finding a Discord for a Modloader isn't for everyone if they don't find the invite link. Accessing information being accessible some other way just seemed right (that and it helped myself besides many others when I got the idea to do it in the first place) but yeah finding a good place for it seemed to be tough for me hence why I asked, that and due to not having enough posts to apply links let since I'm a little short of being able to do that yet. Either way, can't wait to get started, again. Time for a 2.0 I guess.

I'd link my past threads for evidence of what I mean/do but I can't due to the 5 posts rules so just look up MCForums and put either Fabric Discussion Thread, Rift Discussion thread or Tesla Discussion thread and you'll find them with a lot of views and posts due to mod updating or the traffic it has.

Last edited:

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
This really shouldn't ever happen in the game. Typically, the modpack creator would manually change one of the recipes to something slightly different in order to prevent this conflict. Are you playing one of the major modpacks, or did you put it together yourself?

It's a modpack I made for myself. I'm not interested in going in and changing recipes just for me. The mod NoMoreRecipeConflict is perfect for my needs. Thanks.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's always something with minecraft.

No idea why at all, but now when I launch minecraft, if I go into full screen mode, it looks like I'm trying to run it at 4k on a monitor that can do 720. I have quadruple checked my desktop is set to 4k. Minecraft is set to be at desktop resolution.

Even the launch screen (via MMC, set to a small window) is all zoomed in when in windowed mode. I can run the game in windowed mode, too, but it looks like it's rendering at like 720.

Nothing else looks weird on my PC at all, it's just minecraft. Any ideas?

This is still happening and it makes NO SENSE! lol

Anyone have any fresh ideas on how I can even word this in google? I've gotten absolutely no where. This just started happening on day and nothing makes sense!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's not the GUI, I can only see a tiny corner of the screen. I can't even SEE the GUI (well, the top right corner of a couple of the boxes)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Gotcha. To be fair, I had the same problem as matches your description thereof, and GUI Scale addressed it. I don't actually properly picture what it is you're seeing. Would a screenshot help, or still useless due to lack of, well, scale?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
A picture would be worth like 990 more words:

2s1ne5l.png

When I go full screen, what's in that box is all I see. Edit: and to be clear, what's in that box fills up the whole screen like it's zoomed in.

It's like it thinks my desktop is running at like 720ish

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Gotcha. To be fair, I had the same problem as matches your description thereof, and GUI Scale addressed it. I don't actually properly picture what it is you're seeing. Would a screenshot help, or still useless due to lack of, well, scale?

No, I appreciate the attempt. It well could have been the way I was explaining it.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Which mod turns rain into a small cube with a spreading animation on landing? Need to disable that effect, overrides Dynamic Surroundings. I updated a ton of mods, and that started happening.