Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Thank you. I was under the impression that manual farms planted and harvested, but do not place blocks.

I'm pretty sure you are right about that and KingTriaxx is wrong.

Hemp doesn't need replanting though, if you only break the top half, it will grow the top half back, and it will grow faster than if it grows from seed. So the farm is actually doing it wrong by breaking the whole plant.

Just curious though, did you try an "orchard" farm? I don't expect that to work, but it might.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I asked once before IF something like this existed, but now I'm asking if anyone knows why it doesn't?

But, I'm looking for a mod that lets you manipulate the time of a minecraft day. This seems like it would have been so obvious that it'd be ubiquitous. To clarify, I'm not talking about something like the celestial manipulator. I mean something that lets you, say, double the length of a minecraft day, or even decide how long night lasts, like something you set and forget.

Does this not exist because I'm the only international supergenius to think of it, or because there's some kinf of limitation that prevents it from being manipulated?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I asked once before IF something like this existed, but now I'm asking if anyone knows why it doesn't?

But, I'm looking for a mod that lets you manipulate the time of a minecraft day. This seems like it would have been so obvious that it'd be ubiquitous. To clarify, I'm not talking about something like the celestial manipulator. I mean something that lets you, say, double the length of a minecraft day, or even decide how long night lasts, like something you set and forget.

Does this not exist because I'm the only international supergenius to think of it, or because there's some kinf of limitation that prevents it from being manipulated?

Two reasons come to mind why this doesn't exist:

1). In a multiplayer world you would need OP access which could lead to problems... No two people can agree on what time it should be. One may want daytime while someone else needs it to be midnight for a crafting recipe, for example.
2). In a single player world you can give yourself access to change the time of day if you really want it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Two reasons come to mind why this doesn't exist:

1). In a multiplayer world you would need OP access which could lead to problems... No two people can agree on what time it should be. One may want daytime while someone else needs it to be midnight for a crafting recipe, for example.
2). In a single player world you can give yourself access to change the time of day if you really want it.

No, in a multiplayer wold, I, the server admin, would be the only one setting that setting. the says would be the same length for everyone.

It's not about changing time, it's about making the days longer as a default. This wouldn't be something you could just keep changing, it'd be an admin tool only.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Okay, so I tried Automatic, Manual and Orchard. Automatic and Manual both break and replace the crops. Neither auto-replenishes their internal stock of seeds. Orchard doesn't replenish it's stock, but you've got to manually plant. And it will harvest both top and bottom, but without breaking the bottom plant. So Orchard is what you're after it seems.

That's actually surprisingly interesting behavior that I didn't expect to see. I am impressed.

Reactions: Inaeo and Lethosos

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
@Dentvar FTB Utils chunkloading is horrible. Between being lost when you restart the game, and the fact that even if it does keep it, they act like Railcraft's Personal Loaders meaning you have to physically visit each chunk to actually load it. Chicken Chunks exist for 1.12. As long as you're Singleplayer, I'd say just add it to the pack.

Ender Chest Wireless redstone works if you're interested in being clever. Stick a comparator on it, and when enough items are in, it'll output a redstone signal. Then just have the items put in when you need the signal transferred, and remove them when you don't.

Same works for question 3 as well. (Though why you don't like IE Redstone Wires, is beyond me.)

@lizard2547 Manual farm is the issue. Manual means it only harvests, and requires you to plant it. You want Managed.

Thanks! Worked.
IE Redstone Wires works well and are nice, but for the setup that I'm doing it just don't fit optically for me.

Since I had luck and got 3 questions resolved I will try another one that in a dedicated Thread for this has not been able to be resolved.

- How can I check if there is Cobblestone in a Vanilla Chest and output True/False with integrated Dynamics/Tunnels.

C

Closet Gamer

Inventory Reader, variable card set to Cobble > 0. I don't know more but I'll summon @Closet Gamer who knows the mod very well.
Haha cheers dude

Thanks! Worked.
IE Redstone Wires works well and are nice, but for the setup that I'm doing it just don't fit optically for me.

Since I had luck and got 3 questions resolved I will try another one that in a dedicated Thread for this has not been able to be resolved.

- How can I check if there is Cobblestone in a Vanilla Chest and output True/False with integrated Dynamics/Tunnels.

King nailed the first part. To output a redstone signal you need to create a Boolean (true/false) output. To do this you could read the inventory, and then convert it to a named item in the materialiser. You can then use the logic programmer, select == command and place the inventory reader variable on one side with the materialised variable on the other, this should give you a Boolean output which you put in a redstone writer. You will need to create a logic store for the variables.

Does variable (reader) == variable (cobblestone) true/false

I've not tested this mind but my latest vid might help a little.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Haha cheers dude

King nailed the first part. To output a redstone signal you need to create a Boolean (true/false) output. To do this you could read the inventory, and then convert it to a named item in the materialiser. You can then use the logic programmer, select == command and place the inventory reader variable on one side with the materialised variable on the other, this should give you a Boolean output which you put in a redstone writer. You will need to create a logic store for the variables.

Does variable (reader) == variable (cobblestone) true/false

I've not tested this mind but my latest vid might help a little.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Hi,

thanks, both of you so far. Sadly this does not seems to work or I'm missing something. The same thing was what I have tried already. As mentioned before, I did start a Thread on this to not spam the "Simple Questions Thread".
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/integraded-dynamics-tunnels-detect-item-in-chest.261855/
Anyway, we can go on here.

I watched your vid but did not find anything that I wasn't aware of... Thought I just skipped through it.

When I set a variable to Cobblestone(materializer) and compare it to the list that I get back from the inventory. As long as the same amount of items is in there as when I created the list this works. But if there is only 32 Cobble in instead of 64 it already says "False".
Also, I do not want to check a Slot in the chest but all. So creating a Slot Item does not work I guess.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah, your problem is == looks for the exact amount. So it'll only ever be true if there's exactly 32 cobble in the chest. (Or slot.) More or less is false because it's not exactly equal. Try !=(not) Cobble 0 so as long as any cobble is in the chest it'll return true.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I'm starting to get feel stupid here.

Variable Card One = Item Type with Value cobblestone
Variable Card Two = List with Value of the Chest that I want to check.

Now, <= OR <= OR == OR != are all resulting in a booean that is fine but in order to compare something it has to be the same Input Type...

I used the "contains" function but then it only detects the exact number that was in there when I set it up. Though I do not understand how... because the list is a 1-dimensional list right?
Pointing to the Chest and then does [Redstone, Cobblestone,...] depending on the items in there. How does it know that there is a stack in there or not?

How are you comparing this Variables with "==" OR "!="?

C

Closet Gamer

Sorry, I'm starting to get feel stupid here.

Variable Card One = Item Type with Value cobblestone
Variable Card Two = List with Value of the Chest that I want to check.

Now, <= OR <= OR == OR != are all resulting in a booean that is fine but in order to compare something it has to be the same Input Type...

I used the "contains" function but then it only detects the exact number that was in there when I set it up. Though I do not understand how... because the list is a 1-dimensional list right?
Pointing to the Chest and then does [Redstone, Cobblestone,...] depending on the items in there. How does it know that there is a stack in there or not?

How are you comparing this Variables with "==" OR "!="?

I wouldn't feel stupid, stupid people are the ones who don't ask questions and remain ignorant :)

Your detection variable sounds good as it is targeting the cobblestone but it is measuring the quantity and sending that output into the second variable that is coming back false. Have you tried the isitem function? I'm away from home right now so I'm speculating but I'll get in my pc tonight and see if I can help figure it out.

------------------------

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
For those of us running optifine with dynamic lighting, is there anything out there that lets me remain lit up like I'm carrying a torch, but still lets me use a bow in the off-hand? And putting the torch in the main hand is not the answer I'm looking for :p

I usually have the torches in there because I record the replays and it makes it easier to see me when it's dark. But, I really like having the bow at the ready.

Edit: preferably a trinket I can equip in a bauble slot

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Irritatingly the only thing I know of is, that I think Botania has a thing that leaves a trail of lights as it gets dark, but you have no Botania if I'm not mistaken.

@Closet Gamer @Dentvar I can see the problem in my head, but articulating it is difficult. You want it to say okay, check this list for this variable and if any are true, then return that. And I'm not sure how to make it do that.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Irritatingly the only thing I know of is, that I think Botania has a thing that leaves a trail of lights as it gets dark, but you have no Botania if I'm not mistaken.
that feels like the psi helm with a light sensor + "summon light" type spell ,
but the original person felt to me to want internal light , which i cant think of .all the methods i can think of either auto place lights/or torches when active and its dark nearby OR something that gives the night-vision potion effect near permanently,
(example potion giving list below dont worry about it if this is not relevent)
like a tainted blood pendant (with nightvision effect brewed into it from botania )could do so and is a bauble but perpetually drains mana. another item that does this is the advanced potion ring of night vision from actually additions (needs a nether star and dragon breath to make normally + other things) or a nanobot beacon from environmental tech(multiblock)with a night vision component .

Reactions: KingTriaxx

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's not about ME being able to see. I have several night vision options that I actively avoid because I like the lighting. I definitely don't want to auto-place torches, either.

What it is, optifine adds a setting in the graphics menus called dynamic lighting. Let's say you have a stack of torches and you're standing over a large crevasse. If you dropped a torch down there, the light from that torch would follow it as if the torch was placed. Or, let's say you have a bow with Flame on it. When I shoot that bow, it lights up the area where the arrow hits while it's still on fire. If you're holding a torch in your off-hand, the light will follow you around wherever you go. Which is especially great for my replay recordings because the camera is on the outside looking at me, and wherever I am is always lit up, so you can see me running around at night.

What I was hoping for find is something else I can equip somewhere, preferably in the baubles slots where there's room for it, that is also a light source so that virtual light follows me around so I don't have to have the torch in the off-hand slot all the time.

If there isn't one, for real one of these days I'm making my own little hodgepodge mod and I'll include a miner's flashlight thing or something.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What you describe reminds me of hyperenergetic nitor. I'm not aware of anything that does the like though. You might be able to duplicate the effect using a psi helmet though (I'm pretty sure you can set the conjured lights to time out.) But other than that i don't know.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
It's like that, but it's not the mod that makes it glow, it's optifine. I'm not looking to reproduce that effect through another mod. I'm looking for literally any light source that can be equipped into any other slots. It won't be in the description of anything, it would be something someone happened to notice, most likely.

I can try the PSI helmet, as that seems like the most likely candidate that's been listed. But it'll just be to see if it works in theory more than anything else, as my helmet slot is full of helmet.

It's no big deal, I was just kinda hoping there was an inside trade secret I wasn't aware of yet. I might use this as a jumping off point to test modding things, because I'm guessing all I need is to set something like "light_emitted=15" kind of thing, and I'm kinda thinking I could probably do it with just about anything.