Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
The same thing happened to me with 'In the Sea' - I'd also be interested in finding out what caused it.
Please let me know if you figure anything out! I even applied the update that just came out and that didn't help... Considering uninstalling+reinstalling, but I'm not sure how to do that without losing my world...

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Please let me know if you figure anything out! I even applied the update that just came out and that didn't help... Considering uninstalling+reinstalling, but I'm not sure how to do that without losing my world...
U might be able to dig out the quest book data from a backup.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Well restoring a backup worked, but I lost a lot of quest completes... gonna have to jump into Creative and short circuit a few quests. I also noticed when I was restoring the backup that the QuestDatabase.json file had renamed itself to malformedQuestDatabase.json0.json, which I assume is a symptom of it being corrupted. No idea HOW it got corrupted, though.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Well restoring a backup worked, but I lost a lot of quest completes... gonna have to jump into Creative and short circuit a few quests. I also noticed when I was restoring the backup that the QuestDatabase.json file had renamed itself to malformedQuestDatabase.json0.json, which I assume is a symptom of it being corrupted. No idea HOW it got corrupted, though.
U can admin command complete quests in that book but i remember(its been awhile so forgive me if things have changed) it being very picky about command structure when doing ,so creative is probably the better way to handle detect quests.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
U can admin command complete quests in that book but i remember(its been awhile so forgive me if things have changed) it being very picky about command structure when doing ,so creative is probably the better way to handle detect quests.
Unless I'm mistaken, both In The Sea and Modern Skyblock use the 'Better Questing' mod to handle questbooks. Part of me was amused at the irony, since the writer of In The Sea made a point of putting up signs in-world about how BQ is better than HQM. (I haven't yet had an HQM book glitch that hard, and the 'op' questbook is easy enough to acquire and use, from what I've seen posted.)

X

xFreak666

Hello everyone , I'm here to ask if there's an FTB Beyond update anytime soon. I really love this modpack and I noticed that Opencomputers got a new version (1.7.0) that re-add AE2 Integration and I'm really looking forward to do all kind of stuff with that , Thanks!

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
Hello everyone , I'm here to ask if there's an FTB Beyond update anytime soon. I really love this modpack and I noticed that Opencomputers got a new version (1.7.0) that re-add AE2 Integration and I'm really looking forward to do all kind of stuff with that , Thanks!
I suspect that Beyond may not get any further updates unless there is anything gamebreaking - however you can certainly add mods yourself using the Edit Mod Pack feature. I added one or two things myself, it's fairly straightforward - have fun!

X

xFreak666

I suspect that Beyond may not get any further updates unless there is anything gamebreaking - however you can certainly add mods yourself using the Edit Mod Pack feature. I added one or two things myself, it's fairly straightforward - have fun!
I hope it does get an update. I'm playing on a server adding mods means that everyone has to add it which is not that practical unfortunately , Thanks for your reply.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Anyone remember if the Alveary is needed for the Infinity Bee tree in Infinity Beyond? Not a biggie either way, but I could use the materials (well, the wood and seed oil) elsewhere if I can get away with Apiaries.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Unless I'm mistaken, both In The Sea and Modern Skyblock use the 'Better Questing' mod to handle questbooks. Part of me was amused at the irony, since the writer of In The Sea made a point of putting up signs in-world about how BQ is better than HQM. (I haven't yet had an HQM book glitch that hard, and the 'op' questbook is easy enough to acquire and use, from what I've seen posted.)
yes the hqm op book is very user friendly (i've dealt with both) , the only times i've seen something similar in hqm is when a pack update butchers the hqm book.(far easier to recover from that(assuming a warning from the pack dev) then similar admin stuff in bqm)

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
having issues with farming Koboldite with hobgoblins are they meant to break the picks in like 2 minuets tried both dark steel and diamond picks both seem to last around the same time

EDIT: something is certainly wrong here after spending a while dropping them picks i made a Koboldite pick and gave it one of the hobgoblins only for it to break after 2 hits

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
having issues with farming Koboldite with hobgoblins are they meant to break the picks in like 2 minuets tried both dark steel and diamond picks both seem to last around the same time

EDIT: something is certainly wrong here after spending a while dropping them picks i made a Koboldite pick and gave it one of the hobgoblins only for it to break after 2 hits
I've found myself extremely frustrated with hobgoblins. Weirdly they've never broken their picks if I recall correctly; but they're always losing their leads, dropping their picks, getting angry at me, or all of the above. And I can never seem to get them to actually trade so I can get koboldite nuggets, never mind ingots!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've found myself extremely frustrated with hobgoblins. Weirdly they've never broken their picks if I recall correctly; but they're always losing their leads, dropping their picks, getting angry at me, or all of the above. And I can never seem to get them to actually trade so I can get koboldite nuggets, never mind ingots!
The leads breaking is likely just the Vanilla bug (since at least 1.6) that breaks leads when the chunk they are placed in is unloaded then loaded again. I found it annoying for other reasons than Kobolds, but I usually made sure any slaves I had working were chunkloaded.

To expand on this touch, did the Vanilla lead bug ever get fixed?

M

Menta1Waste1and

I was kicked from this server due to 5 minutes of inactivity, then when I tried to rejoin, it said I was not white listed. Anybody know of a way to fix this?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Most servers have this information on their web page, or in the forum post where you learned about them. Without knowing exactly which server it was, there's not much more anyone will be able to tell you. If it's a whitelisted server, you would have had to have contacted them to get on the whitelist to start with.

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
after many hours of testing i worked it out that the block that places the ore/stone matters in the same configuration both TE autonomous activator and project red block placer kill the pickaxes while the open blocks placer doesn't not even sure why they kill the pickaxes in the first place

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame