Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
M

MrHeash

regarding steam locomotives from railcraft: Does a slower running locomotive use less fuel? (or get further)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there any way to upgrade the pipe a servo or retriever is connected to without losing the configuration? I went to build faster pipes for my sorting machine, and I can't make it not look super ugly unless I replace all of the pipes, bit I can do that without having to re-do all the white and black lists. There's like 38 of them.

Honestly, it's so bad, I don't think I can use the fast pipes. I might have to revert the changes.

M

Miningman69

Easy way to auto delete old backups. (IE keep 3 latest)
And i also like to know how to make a longer timespan between backups

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Assuming you're using Aroma Backup, head into your Minecraft folder, then into configs and the Aroma1997 folder. Aroma Backup has it's own config file and can configure time in minutes, number of full backups and number of incremental backups kept. It's all pretty well explained by the comments in the file. (Which is nice because some configs just toss a bunch of words and numbers and no explanations.)

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Playing Horizons 3 (but I've seen it in other modpacks): What is the five-segment vertical red bar that appears in the lower right of my screen?

M

Miningman69

I could not find anything like that in the Aroma1997 folder. i am using FTb beyond btw

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know the number of the different blocks to build the miner/solar from environmental tech 1.12 ?
the mod hasn't got the book implemented yet and i can find zero information

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
anyone know the number of the different blocks to build the miner/solar from environmental tech 1.12 ?
the mod hasn't got the book implemented yet and i can find zero information
my guess is sneak right click on the controller block with the assembler , that is how it worked without reading the book in 1.10

L

lizard2547

I'm trying to use a forestry multi-farm to automatically harvest Immersive Engineering hemp, but although it harvest's it, it doesn't re-plant it afterwards. This is a manual farm, and I remember reading something on the forestry forums that Industrial Hemp was supposed to be covered in a generic crop patch. I am underground, but I know that the hemp will grow. I didn't have to use bone meal to get the farm to harvest. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
3 Questions:

1. Is there an issue with FTBUtilties Chunk loading? In a DW20 1.12 Singleplayer map, It reset the config after I close the game client. Chunks are still claimed for my team but not loaded.

2. ALso in DW20 1.12 Singleplayer, how can I input a Redstone signal into a compact Maschine? I tried to put a lever, button, torch,... to the side the tunnel is set, but it seems not to forward the Redstone signal.

3. Is there anything similar to the EnderIO Redstone cable in DW20 1.12... I don't like immersive Engineering Redstone cables

Edit: Added question 3

Last edited:

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
3 Questions:

1. Is there an issue with FTBUtilties Chunk loading? In a DW20 1.12 Singleplayer map, It reset the config after I close the game client. Chunks are still claimed for my team but not loaded.

2. ALso in DW20 1.12 Singleplayer, how can I input a Redstone signal into a compact Maschine? I tried to put a lever, button, torch,... to the side the tunnel is set, but it seems not to forward the Redstone signal.

3. Is there anything similar to the EnderIO Redstone cable in DW20 1.12... I don't like immersive Engineering Redstone cables

Edit: Added question 3
1. I believe so.
2. Not sure, haven't used compact machines.
3. The pack has XNet and Integrated Dynamics, which functionally can do something similar.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
@Dentvar FTB Utils chunkloading is horrible. Between being lost when you restart the game, and the fact that even if it does keep it, they act like Railcraft's Personal Loaders meaning you have to physically visit each chunk to actually load it. Chicken Chunks exist for 1.12. As long as you're Singleplayer, I'd say just add it to the pack.

Ender Chest Wireless redstone works if you're interested in being clever. Stick a comparator on it, and when enough items are in, it'll output a redstone signal. Then just have the items put in when you need the signal transferred, and remove them when you don't.

Same works for question 3 as well. (Though why you don't like IE Redstone Wires, is beyond me.)

@lizard2547 Manual farm is the issue. Manual means it only harvests, and requires you to plant it. You want Managed.

Reactions: Dentvar
M

MrHeash

I lose most of the energy when I use my Hardened Fluxducts (800RF/t) for my IE Diesel generator (4000RF/t), right? Or is the overall output still the same, just lowered RF/t?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes, you're probably losing a lot of energy. Put say a reinforced energy cell on top of the output and pump out from that for best effect. Though you'll still see some waste as the cell fills, unless you use a comparator to read the cell and shut off the generator.

Reactions: Everlasting2
M

MrHeash

Thx for the quick answers @KingTriaxx :D

Are there any other fuels for Steam locomotives besides Railcraft's "standard stuff" (Coal Coke, Lava etc.)? Like Rocket fuel from EnderIO for example?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Solid fuels only sadly. I've been playing 1.7.10 and using Mekanism Charcoal Blocks which last quite a long time. If you head into the Nether and find yourself a Firestone ore and go through the admittedly tremendous effort of refining it, it'll run a locomotive for a LONG time before needing to be recharged. Don't process while in a wooden house though. Trust me.