Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
Two questions.

For the latest versions of Tinkers' Construct,like the one in Direwolf20's 1.12.x pack,does embossing a tool remove the traits of the original part,or do you keep the traits of the old part,while adding the traits of the new one to it? Like,say,if I emboss a silver blade onto my manyullyn-bladed rapier,will I keep Insatiable and add Holy,or will Insatiable be replaced with Holy?

Second,will ardite's Pteramour trait work with Silk Touched smoothstone,and will it work with materials that get sucked up by a secondary inventory,like a /dank/null?
I can’t answer for the Petramor question, but embossment will add the trait, without removing any - that’s why it’s so expensive! :) and it can only be done once.

J

Jora123

Hi guys. Can u explain me in a few words differences between normal mod and expert mod in 1.7.10 ftb infinity evolved. Expert mod only making game harder? Does it have extra stuff? Sorry for my eng, not my native language

Отправлено с моего SM-G925F через Tapatalk

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
It makes the game much harder, but also requires you to use multiple mods in new ways. Such as requiring Industrial Craft Machines to make EnderIO ones.

L

lizard2547

So, I'm on Direwolf20 1.12, and I started to ferment some stuff with Binnie's Extra Trees. However, it seems that some recipes are missing, such as the one for fermented potatoes. Am I missing something, and if not, is this a problem the development team might address in a future patch?

GamerwithnoGame

Forum Addict
Jan 29, 2015
For FTB Beyond, is it possible to remove reliquary and tech reborn without any impact on the overall gameplay?
I don't believe so. While Reliquary has some neat tools, Tech Reborn seems a little unfinished and rough round the edges. The only other thing I'd say is that if you're not starting anew, you need to watch out for items and blocks from those mods when you remove them. Minecraft usually handles it fairly well by deleting them for you, but that can be an issue I believe.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
This just started happening, I'm hoping it's common enough someone will know what's up.

Doesn't matter what I set the ram to in twitch, it's running it all the way up until the game crashes fir lack of ram. I had it on 10 gigs, I have 16. I brought it down to 8, same story. I pulled up the task manager to see if I could catch a third party culprit, but saw Minecraft using up well over 13 gigs.

What do?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Team Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
This just started happening, I'm hoping it's common enough someone will know what's up.

Doesn't matter what I set the ram to in twitch, it's running it all the way up until the game crashes fir lack of ram. I had it on 10 gigs, I have 16. I brought it down to 8, same story. I pulled up the task manager to see if I could catch a third party culprit, but saw Minecraft using up well over 13 gigs.

What do?
Once you start getting to those levels the garbage collector has a habit of struggling if not completely dying. I don't think it's been due to an out of memory exception though in my experience. Does it happen with 4-6 gigs dedicated without texture packs / shaders enabled?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
PC's off as I saw this, so I can't check on that part just yet.

But, this just started happening. I've been running many, many 1.10+ modpacks with these exact settings. Including this one. No shaders, only texture pack is the 32x faithful and dramatic skies. And I've been using both of those for a long long time. Same gobbledygook Java arguments that have served me well for at least a year now, too.

Something is broken somewhere.

M

MrHeash

regarding steam locomotives from railcraft: Does a slower running locomotive use less fuel? (or get further)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Is there any way to upgrade the pipe a servo or retriever is connected to without losing the configuration? I went to build faster pipes for my sorting machine, and I can't make it not look super ugly unless I replace all of the pipes, bit I can do that without having to re-do all the white and black lists. There's like 38 of them.

Honestly, it's so bad, I don't think I can use the fast pipes. I might have to revert the changes.

M

Miningman69

Easy way to auto delete old backups. (IE keep 3 latest)
And i also like to know how to make a longer timespan between backups

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Assuming you're using Aroma Backup, head into your Minecraft folder, then into configs and the Aroma1997 folder. Aroma Backup has it's own config file and can configure time in minutes, number of full backups and number of incremental backups kept. It's all pretty well explained by the comments in the file. (Which is nice because some configs just toss a bunch of words and numbers and no explanations.)

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Playing Horizons 3 (but I've seen it in other modpacks): What is the five-segment vertical red bar that appears in the lower right of my screen?

M

Miningman69

I could not find anything like that in the Aroma1997 folder. i am using FTb beyond btw

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know the number of the different blocks to build the miner/solar from environmental tech 1.12 ?
the mod hasn't got the book implemented yet and i can find zero information

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
anyone know the number of the different blocks to build the miner/solar from environmental tech 1.12 ?
the mod hasn't got the book implemented yet and i can find zero information
my guess is sneak right click on the controller block with the assembler , that is how it worked without reading the book in 1.10