Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
L

lizard2547

I'm trying to use a forestry multi-farm to automatically harvest Immersive Engineering hemp, but although it harvest's it, it doesn't re-plant it afterwards. This is a manual farm, and I remember reading something on the forestry forums that Industrial Hemp was supposed to be covered in a generic crop patch. I am underground, but I know that the hemp will grow. I didn't have to use bone meal to get the farm to harvest. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
3 Questions:

1. Is there an issue with FTBUtilties Chunk loading? In a DW20 1.12 Singleplayer map, It reset the config after I close the game client. Chunks are still claimed for my team but not loaded.

2. ALso in DW20 1.12 Singleplayer, how can I input a Redstone signal into a compact Maschine? I tried to put a lever, button, torch,... to the side the tunnel is set, but it seems not to forward the Redstone signal.

3. Is there anything similar to the EnderIO Redstone cable in DW20 1.12... I don't like immersive Engineering Redstone cables

Edit: Added question 3

Last edited:

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
3 Questions:

1. Is there an issue with FTBUtilties Chunk loading? In a DW20 1.12 Singleplayer map, It reset the config after I close the game client. Chunks are still claimed for my team but not loaded.

2. ALso in DW20 1.12 Singleplayer, how can I input a Redstone signal into a compact Maschine? I tried to put a lever, button, torch,... to the side the tunnel is set, but it seems not to forward the Redstone signal.

3. Is there anything similar to the EnderIO Redstone cable in DW20 1.12... I don't like immersive Engineering Redstone cables

Edit: Added question 3
1. I believe so.
2. Not sure, haven't used compact machines.
3. The pack has XNet and Integrated Dynamics, which functionally can do something similar.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
@Dentvar FTB Utils chunkloading is horrible. Between being lost when you restart the game, and the fact that even if it does keep it, they act like Railcraft's Personal Loaders meaning you have to physically visit each chunk to actually load it. Chicken Chunks exist for 1.12. As long as you're Singleplayer, I'd say just add it to the pack.

Ender Chest Wireless redstone works if you're interested in being clever. Stick a comparator on it, and when enough items are in, it'll output a redstone signal. Then just have the items put in when you need the signal transferred, and remove them when you don't.

Same works for question 3 as well. (Though why you don't like IE Redstone Wires, is beyond me.)

@lizard2547 Manual farm is the issue. Manual means it only harvests, and requires you to plant it. You want Managed.

Reactions: Dentvar
M

MrHeash

I lose most of the energy when I use my Hardened Fluxducts (800RF/t) for my IE Diesel generator (4000RF/t), right? Or is the overall output still the same, just lowered RF/t?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Yes, you're probably losing a lot of energy. Put say a reinforced energy cell on top of the output and pump out from that for best effect. Though you'll still see some waste as the cell fills, unless you use a comparator to read the cell and shut off the generator.

Reactions: Everlasting2
M

MrHeash

Thx for the quick answers @KingTriaxx :D

Are there any other fuels for Steam locomotives besides Railcraft's "standard stuff" (Coal Coke, Lava etc.)? Like Rocket fuel from EnderIO for example?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Solid fuels only sadly. I've been playing 1.7.10 and using Mekanism Charcoal Blocks which last quite a long time. If you head into the Nether and find yourself a Firestone ore and go through the admittedly tremendous effort of refining it, it'll run a locomotive for a LONG time before needing to be recharged. Don't process while in a wooden house though. Trust me.

SevenMass

Jan 2, 2013
The Netherlands
Thank you. I was under the impression that manual farms planted and harvested, but do not place blocks.
I'm pretty sure you are right about that and KingTriaxx is wrong.

Hemp doesn't need replanting though, if you only break the top half, it will grow the top half back, and it will grow faster than if it grows from seed. So the farm is actually doing it wrong by breaking the whole plant.

Just curious though, did you try an "orchard" farm? I don't expect that to work, but it might.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I asked once before IF something like this existed, but now I'm asking if anyone knows why it doesn't?

But, I'm looking for a mod that lets you manipulate the time of a minecraft day. This seems like it would have been so obvious that it'd be ubiquitous. To clarify, I'm not talking about something like the celestial manipulator. I mean something that lets you, say, double the length of a minecraft day, or even decide how long night lasts, like something you set and forget.

Does this not exist because I'm the only international supergenius to think of it, or because there's some kinf of limitation that prevents it from being manipulated?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I asked once before IF something like this existed, but now I'm asking if anyone knows why it doesn't?

But, I'm looking for a mod that lets you manipulate the time of a minecraft day. This seems like it would have been so obvious that it'd be ubiquitous. To clarify, I'm not talking about something like the celestial manipulator. I mean something that lets you, say, double the length of a minecraft day, or even decide how long night lasts, like something you set and forget.

Does this not exist because I'm the only international supergenius to think of it, or because there's some kinf of limitation that prevents it from being manipulated?
Two reasons come to mind why this doesn't exist:

1). In a multiplayer world you would need OP access which could lead to problems... No two people can agree on what time it should be. One may want daytime while someone else needs it to be midnight for a crafting recipe, for example.
2). In a single player world you can give yourself access to change the time of day if you really want it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Two reasons come to mind why this doesn't exist:

1). In a multiplayer world you would need OP access which could lead to problems... No two people can agree on what time it should be. One may want daytime while someone else needs it to be midnight for a crafting recipe, for example.
2). In a single player world you can give yourself access to change the time of day if you really want it.
No, in a multiplayer wold, I, the server admin, would be the only one setting that setting. the says would be the same length for everyone.

It's not about changing time, it's about making the days longer as a default. This wouldn't be something you could just keep changing, it'd be an admin tool only.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Okay, so I tried Automatic, Manual and Orchard. Automatic and Manual both break and replace the crops. Neither auto-replenishes their internal stock of seeds. Orchard doesn't replenish it's stock, but you've got to manually plant. And it will harvest both top and bottom, but without breaking the bottom plant. So Orchard is what you're after it seems.

That's actually surprisingly interesting behavior that I didn't expect to see. I am impressed.

Reactions: Inaeo and Lethosos

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
@Dentvar FTB Utils chunkloading is horrible. Between being lost when you restart the game, and the fact that even if it does keep it, they act like Railcraft's Personal Loaders meaning you have to physically visit each chunk to actually load it. Chicken Chunks exist for 1.12. As long as you're Singleplayer, I'd say just add it to the pack.

Ender Chest Wireless redstone works if you're interested in being clever. Stick a comparator on it, and when enough items are in, it'll output a redstone signal. Then just have the items put in when you need the signal transferred, and remove them when you don't.

Same works for question 3 as well. (Though why you don't like IE Redstone Wires, is beyond me.)

@lizard2547 Manual farm is the issue. Manual means it only harvests, and requires you to plant it. You want Managed.
Thanks! Worked.
IE Redstone Wires works well and are nice, but for the setup that I'm doing it just don't fit optically for me.

Since I had luck and got 3 questions resolved I will try another one that in a dedicated Thread for this has not been able to be resolved.

- How can I check if there is Cobblestone in a Vanilla Chest and output True/False with integrated Dynamics/Tunnels.

C

Closet Gamer

Inventory Reader, variable card set to Cobble > 0. I don't know more but I'll summon @Closet Gamer who knows the mod very well.
Haha cheers dude

Thanks! Worked.
IE Redstone Wires works well and are nice, but for the setup that I'm doing it just don't fit optically for me.

Since I had luck and got 3 questions resolved I will try another one that in a dedicated Thread for this has not been able to be resolved.

- How can I check if there is Cobblestone in a Vanilla Chest and output True/False with integrated Dynamics/Tunnels.
King nailed the first part. To output a redstone signal you need to create a Boolean (true/false) output. To do this you could read the inventory, and then convert it to a named item in the materialiser. You can then use the logic programmer, select == command and place the inventory reader variable on one side with the materialised variable on the other, this should give you a Boolean output which you put in a redstone writer. You will need to create a logic store for the variables.

Does variable (reader) == variable (cobblestone) true/false

I've not tested this mind but my latest vid might help a little.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Haha cheers dude

King nailed the first part. To output a redstone signal you need to create a Boolean (true/false) output. To do this you could read the inventory, and then convert it to a named item in the materialiser. You can then use the logic programmer, select == command and place the inventory reader variable on one side with the materialised variable on the other, this should give you a Boolean output which you put in a redstone writer. You will need to create a logic store for the variables.

Does variable (reader) == variable (cobblestone) true/false

I've not tested this mind but my latest vid might help a little.

------------------------
My Age of Engineering Series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUZaEaeCvlj6ChY3jks-N8rW74_3qEtmD
Hi,

thanks, both of you so far. Sadly this does not seems to work or I'm missing something. The same thing was what I have tried already. As mentioned before, I did start a Thread on this to not spam the "Simple Questions Thread".
https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/integraded-dynamics-tunnels-detect-item-in-chest.261855/
Anyway, we can go on here.

I watched your vid but did not find anything that I wasn't aware of... Thought I just skipped through it.

When I set a variable to Cobblestone(materializer) and compare it to the list that I get back from the inventory. As long as the same amount of items is in there as when I created the list this works. But if there is only 32 Cobble in instead of 64 it already says "False".
Also, I do not want to check a Slot in the chest but all. So creating a Slot Item does not work I guess.