Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, Applied Energistics (yes, the 1.7.10 version). I made myself a wireless terminal, charged it up, then discovered that there's a 'Universal Wireless Terminal'. I've tried adding other terminals to my existing wireless (as the recipe seems to indicate), but it doesn't craft. Do I need to wait until the thing is completely drained again?

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know of any good ways of creating artificial sound in FTB Infinity Evolved? I've built a factory floor for minting coin and obviously I can't really mint coin, but it's made to look like I am. It's a series of conveyer belts running into Immersive Engineering-style custom made "machines" to look like coin is being actively minted. However, I would be interested in having it sound like gold bars are actually being stamped into gold plates and then cut into coins. I've tried a piston on a timer for stamping plates but it just sounds... off.

I would be interested in more industrial sounding effects if anyone has any good suggestions.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Immersive Engineering added an awesome one for the Metal Press in 1.12 (it was in 1.10 but didn't work.) You could record that with audacity from a 1.12 and I believe then play it using Computercraft. Or possibly using the IC2 Howler Alarm which can also do custom sounds though I don't know how to make that work. You'd have to bug an IC2 forum guy.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So, Applied Energistics (yes, the 1.7.10 version). I made myself a wireless terminal, charged it up, then discovered that there's a 'Universal Wireless Terminal'. I've tried adding other terminals to my existing wireless (as the recipe seems to indicate), but it doesn't craft. Do I need to wait until the thing is completely drained again?
So if you have added the other terminals, if memory serves, you need to shift click with the terminal in your hand to switch terminals.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Anyone know of any good ways of creating artificial sound in FTB Infinity Evolved? I've built a factory floor for minting coin and obviously I can't really mint coin, but it's made to look like I am. It's a series of conveyer belts running into Immersive Engineering-style custom made "machines" to look like coin is being actively minted. However, I would be interested in having it sound like gold bars are actually being stamped into gold plates and then cut into coins. I've tried a piston on a timer for stamping plates but it just sounds... off.

I would be interested in more industrial sounding effects if anyone has any good suggestions.

Just put a Mekanism installation under the floor and you'll get more ugly sound than you bargained for :D

Reactions: Lethosos

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So if you have added the other terminals, if memory serves, you need to shift click with the terminal in your hand to switch terminals.

The problem is that when I put the wireless handset and the desired terminal in the crafting grid to add the functionality, nothing appears in the result field. I'm just left with two ingredients that don't combine. Good to know the other bit, though. (In the meantime, I'm busily using my wireless terminal to put stuff into the ME system so as to drain the charge in case that is my sticking point - metadata and all that.)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is that when I put the wireless handset and the desired terminal in the crafting grid to add the functionality, nothing appears in the result field. I'm just left with two ingredients that don't combine. Good to know the other bit, though. (In the meantime, I'm busily using my wireless terminal to put stuff into the ME system so as to drain the charge in case that is my sticking point - metadata and all that.)
Often when Metadata is hindering a crafting recipe, your best bet is to craft a brand new one. Sometimes the Metadata just doesn't stop being an issue, even if returned to what would be original state.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Often when Metadata is hindering a crafting recipe, your best bet is to craft a brand new one. Sometimes the Metadata just doesn't stop being an issue, even if returned to what would be original state.

Will definitely keep that in mind if this attempt fails. ;)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
IIRC Crash Landing was a 3rd party pack. If I am correct then the pack developer may have removed it, possibly too busy to support it.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
@Mushroom Did you check the legacy FTB Launcher for it? It is a 1.6.4 pack. You will not find it on the Twitch client.

Um - I was able to download it on the Twitch client... [EDIT]You may have to look under 'Browse All Modpacks' instead of 'Browse FTB Modpacks', but a search on 'Crash' (or 'Landing') should set you on track.

9TDY6Vi.png

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Anyone know how to deal with Minecolonies Barbarians?

I updated my pack a little bit, but it seems as if this was added since the last version. They're regularly wiping out my whole town. How are these things normally handled? Am I supposed to run out there every time I see "Buckle up, cowboys"?

I haven't walled off the area yet, nor have I added any kind of spawn prevention. Will that eliminate the issue? I can't find any documentation on them.

edit: The real issue is mixing this with scaling health. One blight barbarian will wipe out my whole town quickly, guards and all.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Interesting.. I didn't know any of the 1.6.4 packs were added to Twitch. I thought only the FTB packs were added.

Probably only packs that used 'approved mods' or whatever the term is. I went on a bit of a downloading spree the first time I used the new launcher

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Probably only packs that used 'approved mods' or whatever the term is. I went on a bit of a downloading spree the first time I used the new launcher

For the curious, FtB says they only use mods that the developers give them permission to use and distribute, and they only use mods from reliable download sites to prevent malware, thus the use of the Curse repository.

Sometimes mod devs will withhold a mod for personal reasons (not ready for primetime, too buggy, no time for upkeep, etc.) or, in at least one incident they didn't want their masterpiece used with certain other mods. This last was going on when I first came to Minecraft and went so far as one dev intentionally causing their pack to fail spectacularly if another dev's pack was installed.

They also prefer not using a lot of mods that modify the actual core code of Minecraft, those will tend to break when newer Minecraft versions are released and having to patch Forge to fix things was becoming a nightmare (as I understand). In fact I've read that if 1.12 is indeed a stopping point version, the Forge guys may try to do a complete rewrite of Forge to get rid of no-longer needed code and optimize the rest.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Sometimes mod devs will withhold a mod for personal reasons (not ready for primetime, too buggy, no time for upkeep, etc.) or, in at least one incident they didn't want their masterpiece used with certain other mods. This last was going on when I first came to Minecraft and went so far as one dev intentionally causing their pack to fail spectacularly if another dev's pack was installed.

I recall that particular snit-fit. I really have no issue with having certain mods being withheld for whatever reason (either on the dev's side or the FTB side) - it was just a possible reason why certain fairly old packs would be ported over and others weren't.