Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Guess who's financing the new server! :cool:

Yo, for real, dude is trying to hook me up with an amazon server! Like, he gets free usage through his work or something. And no, I didn't actually ask him for it, lol. I don't know how feasible it will be, but this could be pretty awesome.

Edit: quoted the wrong post

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Actually, one could argue - with SpaceToad taking over BuildCraft back from CovertJaguar and later events - that it was Buildcraft which broke away from Railcraft, as technically the decision to ditch MJ for 1.7.10 was made on our side and Railcraft was forced to adapt to it as the more or less final MJ-exclusive mod (excluding BC-specific addons).

Fair enough, though I was unaware of the background politics of the situation, and only sitting here as a mod user with no idea what's going on but seeing BC in 1.12, and waiting patiently for Railcraft. Impatiently actually, but there's nothing I can do. I can't even offer any useful help.

Is there a way to change/alter a Tinker's tool appearance? Just the cosmetics of the tool.

I vaguely remember some method, but I can't recall it, and cannot locate it through searches. Just getting so tired of purple Manyullyn swords.

Thank you,

A
Should be, using a texture pack. How I don't know, but it used to work anyway.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Does anyone recall what the altar power requirement is for the Drop of Luck in Infinity Evolved? I've seen some sources say 5000, and some say 7000 - my altar power is juuuuust above 5000, and I'd rather not waste my Refined Evil.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Does anyone recall what the altar power requirement is for the Drop of Luck in Infinity Evolved? I've seen some sources say 5000, and some say 7000 - my altar power is juuuuust above 5000, and I'd rather not waste my Refined Evil.
7000 without any circles around the cauldron

Reactions: Closet Gamer

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Tiny TNT has to be placed to ignite, so you'd need a two block space, but I believe obsidian will transmit a redstone signal to ignite it from outside. Use an AA Phantom Placer to place the Tiny TNT.

C

Closet Gamer

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I loaded up the new FTB Revelation modpack, however in every world I've created, my Journeymap mini-map (the small circular map at the upper right of the screen) does not work. It shows my own icon, it shows mob icons, but it only shows black squares instead of the actual terrain. I've looked at all the Journeymap options for the mini-map, and I've experimented for quite a bit of time with it, but cannot get it to work. Anybody else experiencing this issue? Any solutions for it? If I press the J key, I get the full world map with the terrain exposed where I've travelled... so I know the mod itself is working fine, it's just the mini-map that has a problem.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I have experienced that issue, and I don't have the solution. I reload the game and it randomly works.

Reactions: asb3pe

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to change/alter a Tinker's tool appearance? Just the cosmetics of the tool.

I vaguely remember some method, but I can't recall it, and cannot locate it through searches. Just getting so tired of purple Manyullyn swords.

Thank you,

A

There's a new "Embossment" method if you're playing v1.10 or above... which does allow one part on the tool to be changed. This video also shows how you can swap out parts for appearance (at the 2:45) mark, so check that out to see if it works for your sword.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
R

Ruben Thevenow

how do i switch main hands in FTB Revelations? Its on my left hand and i want it to be my right

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I loaded up the new FTB Revelation modpack, however in every world I've created, my Journeymap mini-map (the small circular map at the upper right of the screen) does not work. It shows my own icon, it shows mob icons, but it only shows black squares instead of the actual terrain. I've looked at all the Journeymap options for the mini-map, and I've experimented for quite a bit of time with it, but cannot get it to work. Anybody else experiencing this issue? Any solutions for it? If I press the J key, I get the full world map with the terrain exposed where I've travelled... so I know the mod itself is working fine, it's just the mini-map that has a problem.

I have experienced that issue, and I don't have the solution. I reload the game and it randomly works.

Little late on the reply, hopefully this is still helpful. I’m hitting that a lot in 1.10 and discovered that hitting the key that’s bound to switching the map mode fixes it. So whatever key switches the minimap between caves, above ground, night, etc, forces a refresh and it works again until you switch dimensions or shut it down.

Reactions: Drbretto

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is anyone else having issues with crashes in the DW20 1.12 pack? I think Chisel may be a bit goofy.

^edit:

Turns out it wasn't Chisel (gad I can't read crash logs for crap)

4x Tree Fluid Extractors pumping into a tank pumping into a Latex Processing Unit seemed to be causing way too many lighting updates...

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Little late on the reply, hopefully this is still helpful. I’m hitting that a lot in 1.10 and discovered that hitting the key that’s bound to switching the map mode fixes it. So whatever key switches the minimap between caves, above ground, night, etc, forces a refresh and it works again until you switch dimensions or shut it down.

Thanks, I will try the keypress method. I already tried pressing the buttons to switch between caves, above ground, night, and it did nothing... but it's certainly possible your solution only works with the keyboard. You also mentioned 1.10, except my experience is with Revelation which is a 1.12 pack. Also, I'm playing Direwolf20's modpack (also v1.12) which has NO problems with Journeymap... so this seems to be a pack-specific issue given your report of experiencing it in v1.10 modpacks.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've got it fine in my Custom Pack, but playing Modular Mayhem for the first couple times, the map was broken. (Both 1.12 packs.)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Which mod adds the chicken rain which appears at christmas? It's killing the performance in my 1.7.10 pack and I need to disable it.