Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

AlphaDropBear

mining laser isnt showing the selected mode when i change modes??
"more info its mode is changing its just not displaying the text"

Quetzi

Jack of All Trades
Retired Staff
Aug 20, 2012
quetzi.tv
You can't really compare a modded community to a vanilla one, it's like apples to oranges. The modded community, by its nature is a lot smaller and therefore these boards are less active than boards for vanilla communities. Also, I'm far from the only active moderator here, there are several that work quietly tackling the moderation queue on a daily basis. In terms of how the forums are structured, I'd agree it could probably use an overhaul, we have a load of unnecessary boards that could be consolidated or just gotten rid of. How much value there is in doing that at this point is up for debate, it's a lot of work and most forum users wouldn't see the benefits of changing and will just complain.

@Nuclear_Creeper0 if you would like to continue your discussion I would suggest you either take it to private messages or create a separate thread for the subject, no need to derail this thread any longer. Simple questions, simple answers.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I'm starting to come around on the downvote thing...

Dude. This is for simple questions about modded minecraft. "Hey, does anyone know a good way to do XX with YY modpack?"

Not commentary about stuff that has nothing to do with this site. Stop. Just stop.
What?
Its a question about FTB Servers.. I was gonna join a Beyond server to get chunkloading, but loading chunks is something you need to pay for?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
What?
Its a question about FTB Servers.. I was gonna join a Beyond server to get chunkloading, but loading chunks is something you need to pay for?

No, that wasn't a question. That was commentary disguised as a question. This isn't my first day on the internet. That's schtick was old before this site was formed. It's also not a simple question in the slightest. It's clearly designed to spark a debate about some bullshit you have decided is a sleight.

At the very least, if you want to have that discussion, start a thread. And in that thread, use your words to actually describe the issue you want to discuss.

Kel_Co

Jul 29, 2019
Is it better production wise to have a Garden cloche or a field with a farming station maximum range?

It depends on what you are trying to farm and the space you have. A full range farming station with growth acceleration should out produce a cloche setup. However, if you won't actively be using the item, and are short on space, a cloche setup should be fine.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Is it better production wise to have a Garden cloche or a field with a farming station maximum range?
It varies as ton. If you only have a few blocks spaceship clothes are your best bet. However in 1.12 they where made 50% slower. And farmers have the advantage of being able to make use of things that increase crop growth. So I imagine that if you went all out using every possible crop grower, IE rustic apiaries, AA worms, greenhouse glass, and I think the ring of growth on a pedestal, it could probably out produce the cloche array

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
It varies as ton. If you only have a few blocks spaceship clothes are your best bet. However in 1.12 they where made 50% slower. And farmers have the advantage of being able to make use of things that increase crop growth. So I imagine that if you went all out using every possible crop grower, IE rustic apiaries, AA worms, greenhouse glass, and I think the ring of growth on a pedestal, it could probably out produce the cloche array
Hmm Well I'm in 1.10.2 so I will probably use Cloches to make lots of bread which will be made into Glowing Bread which will be put in Culinary generators.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Hmm Well I'm in 1.10.2 so I will probably use Cloches to make lots of bread which will be made into Glowing Bread which will be put in Culinary generators.
Don't forget with bread you should be able to pulverized it into flour for a greater output, and TE should have an augment that doubtlessly food output from the furnace.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
ExU2 item filters: The last option on them is to match ore dictionary, or at least that's what it appears to mean. But I think I'm misinterpreting it. When I set that option, it seems to let anything through. Does anyone know what that actually does?

And adding to that, I'm looking for a simple way to pull to an inventory by mod, similarly to the mod filters on iron backpacks. Basically, my storage drawers are jam packed with random stuff I really don't feel like sorting manually. I just want it to pull everything from mod X into a chest designated for that mod.

Edit: Simplicity requested. Modpack is Sprout.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
ExU2 item filters: The last option on them is to match ore dictionary, or at least that's what it appears to mean. But I think I'm misinterpreting it. When I set that option, it seems to let anything through. Does anyone know what that actually does?

And adding to that, I'm looking for a simple way to pull to an inventory by mod, similarly to the mod filters on iron backpacks. Basically, my storage drawers are jam packed with random stuff I really don't feel like sorting manually. I just want it to pull everything from mod X into a chest designated for that mod.

Edit: Simplicity requested. Modpack is Sprout.
I don't know if Ex2 has that functionally but EnderIO does, but you can put Item Filters inside of item filters creating infinite amounts of possible extraction. I did that with my Beyond mob farm to take out armor pieces and trash them.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
You can do that with ExU2 filters, too. I use them to pull out the equipment junk as well. You can set them as fuzzy filters and it does the job.

But, I'm hoping to be able to do that without having to put each item in the filter. The Iron Backpacks have this functionality on one of their upgrades. You put any 1 item from a mod into the filter and every other item from that mod will go into that bag. I used it for Silent's Gems, and I have another one for AA/ExU2/EnderIO and some other stuff.

I want to do the same thing, but for other mods, and into chests (or more likely storage crates).

The issue is me, though. I refuse to destroy anything. Even the equipment junk. I save it for my future army of armor stands. I just want the junk off my wall and I don't want to have to manually decide where each piece goes.

Nested filters is plan B, though.

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
You can do that with ExU2 filters, too. I use them to pull out the equipment junk as well. You can set them as fuzzy filters and it does the job.

But, I'm hoping to be able to do that without having to put each item in the filter. The Iron Backpacks have this functionality on one of their upgrades. You put any 1 item from a mod into the filter and every other item from that mod will go into that bag. I used it for Silent's Gems, and I have another one for AA/ExU2/EnderIO and some other stuff.

I want to do the same thing, but for other mods, and into chests (or more likely storage crates).

The issue is me, though. I refuse to destroy anything. Even the equipment junk. I save it for my future army of armor stands. I just want the junk off my wall and I don't want to have to manually decide where each piece goes.

Nested filters is plan B, though.
Without the EnderIO Mod Specific Item Filter Upgrade I don't think that's possible unfortunately. The best way to store loads of random armor would maybe be in a Filing Cabinet? I don't remember if thats in 1.10.2. If it isn't I'm sad.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Oh, i thought you had just misunderstood me. You're saying there is a mod filter in EnderIO! I thought you were just suggesting to nest filters and do it all manually. I'll get on back to the EnderIO wiki. Edit: Or not. it's still down...

I have the random armor storage under control already, this is for the little bits of things I pick up that I'm not even looking at right now. I just want to dump it all into crates so I can find the stuff I'm actually looking for.