Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Environmental Tech's Piezo Modifiers are hard to test... If I put a layer of clear glass over the solar panel, will the piezo modifier still work, or does the rain have to hit the panel directly?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
Thanks. It seems to work now. Does IE have an mods in it that expand on chicken breeding. I've read some stuff about hatcheries and nests and such... Just wondering if you can do more with the breeding types of chickens like you can with bees or the crops.
Not in Infinity Evolved. In 1.10.2 there is a mod called Hatchery, mainly used for Skyblocks which allows you to breed chickens which lay resources such as iron and redstone.

MaxAstro

Oct 1, 2017
Have you considered using torches or other light sources with light level of 12 or higher to melt the snow with Vanilla mechanics?
That... would be the smart thing to do... yes... *facepalm*

Which I guess begs the second question: Does snow trigger the piezo modifier?

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
What's the general rule of thumb on whether or not you can chisels and bits something (specifically whether or not a block can be converted into bits)?

More accurately, I'm looking to put a particular block from a mod into a bits drawer so I have thousands of them for the cost of one (for my purposes, a single bit is as good as the full block). I can't say which kind of block yet, and I can just go home and try it for myself later on today, so I apologize for being a bit obnoxious about it, but the curiosity is killin me, lol. I'll be spending all day thinking about putting this project together, but I want to be pretty sure it'll work first.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
What's the general rule of thumb on whether or not you can chisels and bits something (specifically whether or not a block can be converted into bits)?

More accurately, I'm looking to put a particular block from a mod into a bits drawer so I have thousands of them for the cost of one (for my purposes, a single bit is as good as the full block). I can't say which kind of block yet, and I can just go home and try it for myself later on today, so I apologize for being a bit obnoxious about it, but the curiosity is killin me, lol. I'll be spending all day thinking about putting this project together, but I want to be pretty sure it'll work first.
Its a good question. I don't believe tile entities will work, and I have a feeling anything with a gui, like a furnace, probably won't either. Interestingly, fluids CAN be, if stored in the correct C&B tank. I saw DW20 export literally thousands of water bits out of a C&B tank filled with water, for the purposes of creating AE2 singularities.

Reactions: Drbretto

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
For reference, this is a full, nonfunctioning decorative block from a common mod. So, luckily not an entity, not a partial-sized block and it doesn't have a gui.

So I *think* it should work, but what it comes down to to me is whether or not a block needs to be somehow registered within Chisels and Bits itself, or if chisels and bits should theoretically universally work on all blocks of a certain type regardless of whether or not whoever made the mod has heard of it. If that makes any sense. It's early for my brain, lol.

Edit: Suddenly also wondering if I could break up an angel block and retain that functionality, too... But, that's a separate curiosity.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
For reference, this is a full, nonfunctioning decorative block from a common mod. So, luckily not an entity, not a partial-sized block and it doesn't have a gui.

So I *think* it should work, but what it comes down to to me is whether or not a block needs to be somehow registered within Chisels and Bits itself, or if chisels and bits should theoretically universally work on all blocks of a certain type regardless of whether or not whoever made the mod has heard of it. If that makes any sense. It's early for my brain, lol.

Edit: Suddenly also wondering if I could break up an angel block and retain that functionality, too... But, that's a separate curiosity.
So, as far as I know, most functionality of a block is lost when it's turned into bits - however for transparency and light emission, I believe they remain. As far as I know blocks don't need to be registered in Chisels & Bits, but don't quote me on that!

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, as far as I know, most functionality of a block is lost when it's turned into bits - however for transparency and light emission, I believe they remain. As far as I know blocks don't need to be registered in Chisels & Bits, but don't quote me on that!

Well, you basically just begged me to literally quote you on that :p

I do know that light sources will work, but you need to edit the config files if you want it to glow from the first bit you place. Otherwise, you need to hit a certain concentration. That reminds me I have some config files to fix, lol.

I will proceed with my daydreaming as if it is going to work, and if not, I'll improvise, I guess.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I have had mixed results when using modded blocks. Some of them will break up, but lose texture when doing so. The Chisel Mossy Cobblestone variants come to mind as blocks that would lose texture, while other blocks in the mod work perfectly. I've learned to test each block as I go to avoid disappointment.

Oh, the light level takes affect at either 32 or 64 bits. I didn't realize it was configurable, but it stands to reason.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Meh, I guess there's no real reason to be coy, and the specifics might help figure this out. I'm trying to make invisible blocks. There's an invisible block with EnderIO that you can make, that I presume is a full block with just no texture. But, it's relatively expensive to make if I need thousands of them, but put one in a bit drawer and I'll turn 1 into 4096.

If it works.

Edit: Ugh, i wanna go hoooome.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICountFrom0

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Why cant I disable Basalt in Quark config?!?!

What mod can possibly disable generation of Nether Fortress?

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
In Space Astronomy 2, the only option I've found for a tree farm is the Ender I/O Farming Station. (I know, I can just use mystical agriculture to produce essence that can be turned into logs, but I want a tree farm for totally arbitrary reasons of taste.) Has anyone found any other option in this modpack for a tree farm?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I believe technically it's a Core Mod. It's the closest thing to the Modding API we have.

APEX_gaming

Jul 23, 2017
Have you tried the mod known as "futures" yet?/because you should. Has some of the best in-game documentation sense Draconic evolution, has a story behind it, dimensions, a research system, all in a tech mod! (Discovered it in the mod pack "Radon")