Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
That seems like such an underutilized function. I would think some end game jewelry could go over real well. Even if you can replicate the same effects with enchantments, pulling some of the better effects on permanent unbreakable equipment slots could be worth a few nether stars.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
That seems like such an underutilized function. I would think some end game jewelry could go over real well. Even if you can replicate the same effects with enchantments, pulling some of the better effects on permanent unbreakable equipment slots could be worth a few nether stars.

I agree, but Baubles is a mod on it's own, and using it builds in a dependency on it, which many developers don't want to deal with. There may be other reasons as well, but having to worry about version conflicts could prove more effort than it's worth to some.

I would very much like to see the AA potion rings be able to slide into Baubles slots. I'm sure there are more, but I was disappointed that I had to have them in my inventory rather than on my finger.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I would very much like to see the AA potion rings be able to slide into Baubles slots. I'm sure there are more, but I was disappointed that I had to have them in my inventory rather than on my finger.

That sounds like it would be a terrific idea. I could even go for the 3rd tier of the ring that allows it to go into that slot.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
That sounds like it would be a terrific idea. I could even go for the 3rd tier of the ring that allows it to go into that slot.
what is harder to get then a nether star and dragons breath though ,because those 2 are the hard parts of the t2 rings.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I agree, but Baubles is a mod on it's own, and using it builds in a dependency on it, which many developers don't want to deal with. There may be other reasons as well, but having to worry about version conflicts could prove more effort than it's worth to some.

Seconded - I would love to see that. That would be awesome :D I'd also like to be able to switch off the magnetic ring...

EDIT: My simple question is this (Please bear with me through the preamble): I've got a system of 9 oil generators using empowered canola oil to generate RF. I only have AA's energy laser relays to transfer RF properly. According to the manual, you can connect different tiers, but they are limited by the highest loss, and the lowest cap. The basic ones can do 1000 RF/t, the advanced can do 10,000 RF/t. So my question is this - if I attach 9 laser relays, one to each oil generator, and then connect them all to a single advanced relay, with a line of those then going to my power storage (as yet undecided), am I going to get the full transfer of 350 RF/t (minus the 8% loss from using the advanced relays) from each generator? i.e. is the energy flow from each one counted separately for the purposes of limitations? I assume that if I used normal energy relays for the whole line to my storage, then because at that point I'm trying to put a lot more than 1000 RF/t through a point in the line, it would be capped severely. I'm not 100% sure on the mechanics of it, as in the manual it states that its based on a "per transfer" basis across the whole line, so I don't know whether the cap of 1000 RF/t from the normal relays on the generators would apply even though the line is split off into 9 before it hits any normal ones. Does that make sense?

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Another hopefully simple one:

Can you utilise a mechanical user to right-click empty bottles on a water block, and then extract those out? If so, what setting would it need to be on?

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Can you upgrade canola seeds with agricraft? In beyond?

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I think that would be the t3. Make a new t2 recipe that is sort of between current two tiers. Not sure though. We would need to get buy in from the mod author.
if t2 ring in this case kept the only needs to be inventory thing and lost the nether star+ dragon breath req , some of the then t2 rings would be a tad too strong for the cheaper cost even if the effect lost a tier of potency compared to the then t3 rings

Tianyulong

Oct 21, 2016
In Recurrent Complex, I have a structure I want to spawn exclusively in the Deep Ocean Biome. How would I go about doing this? I'm sure it's on the wiki somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding the instructions for this particular task.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - how far apart do two overworld Nether portals have to be before the system automatically generates a new Nether-side portal? I've got a base with a Nether portal at -1904, 1328 (x,z). I went out looking for a suitable site for another build, and finally found one at -2239, 1866 (x,z). I'm thinking 'This is a hell of a walk, let's make a portal so I can make a tunnel in the Nether instead.' Set up the portal, light it up, and pop through to get the coordinates so I can make a nice pathway, and I wind up at my original Nether portal!

(Admittedly, this makes fetching lava easier, since I know where the Nether ocean is, but I still have to walk back!)

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Okay - how far apart do two overworld Nether portals have to be before the system automatically generates a new Nether-side portal? I've got a base with a Nether portal at -1904, 1328 (x,z). I went out looking for a suitable site for another build, and finally found one at -2239, 1866 (x,z). I'm thinking 'This is a hell of a walk, let's make a portal so I can make a tunnel in the Nether instead.' Set up the portal, light it up, and pop through to get the coordinates so I can make a nice pathway, and I wind up at my original Nether portal!

(Admittedly, this makes fetching lava easier, since I know where the Nether ocean is, but I still have to walk back!)

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Nether_portal

A mod called Nether Portal Fix changes this behavior.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/netherportalfix

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@OniyaMCD The portals must be 1000 blocks apart in the overworld. There are tricks to solve this using vanilla mechanics. Take the newest portal's coordinates and divide them by 8. Then go into the nether go to the divided coordinates and the build a portal there. Go through it and it should go to the newer portal in the over world. Break one block in the new portal and re-light it. It should now link to the portal you just created in the nether. Mind you this process can be a little fussy and doesn't always work.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Playing beyond. J key used to open journeymap just fine. Mucked around with some mods, then rebuilt the profile. J key no longer opens journeymap options.

There is a configurable thing in my world that isn't set precisely how I want it to be. This cannot remain.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There should be something called the "Crate Carrier" or something similar used for that purpose. To me it looks like square shaped ice tongs. Also not that they're tiered... You need the more expensive versions for larger storage types.