Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah exactly it's the same case with any mod. Dartcraft got left behind in 1.6 which is one I know some people missed, and a ton is gonna be left behind in 1.7. One thing that's good about it is that we get NEW content. I'd prefer TE to be left behind than to get a direct port. The point of going to a new mc version after so long in 1.7 is to have new content.
i actually agree even tho i LOVE te. we have used that mod for so long and its been a staple for any mod pack but i would like to see a change. As you mentioned the great thing about going to 1.10 is for new content,why reuse old stuff? I would like to see a brand new mod or for Ender IO to change their mod drastically, such as what extra utilities 2 did .

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
i actually agree even tho i LOVE te. we have used that mod for so long and its been a staple for any mod pack but i would like to see a change. As you mentioned the great thing about going to 1.10 is for new content,why reuse old stuff? I would like to see a brand new mod or for Ender IO to change their mod drastically, such as what extra utilities 2 did .

You mean like how IC2 was built for 1.10.2? IC2 is a really old mod, and lots of recipes haven't changed that much, but the author refreshed and rewrote it for 1.10.2 with new recipes and even more expensive end-game items! :D

I would like to see older mods updated for 1.10.2, 1.11, etc. But only if the mod author considers it worth their while to do so. If they lose interest, they are totally entitled to a break from mod development.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
But, there are certain mods that I would consider utility mods that are needed tools for pack makers. COFH core, minetweaker, modtweaker, HQM, and other fall into this catagory. And those are ones that would nice to have them updated to each version just to give consistency to doing custom pack creation that customizes ore gen, recipes, questing etc. One of the things I've noticed with Infinity Lite is the multiple ores (bauxite and aluminum) that would normally be consolidated to a single ore with it generation controlled by COFH core.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
But ** Absolutely tell the JVM which GC you want to use **. I have not tested J8 in a long time, but early on, at least, the default garbage collector was the "throughput" collector. That is the collector with the least total overhead, but it is a "full stop on every collection" collector. It will give your game constant small pauses.

None of the collectors match Minecraft's memory usage. Repeat: All of the collectors assume memory usage patterns that do not match Minecraft. But the G1GC collector has really good overall performance with the least amount of tuning needed. (CMS could be tweaked a bit better, but the time and effort of that tweaking isn't worth it).

So I've tested the G1GC collection and I do want to start using. But how do you make this a permanent change for the Curse Launcher. Obviously I can edit the profile once the vanila launcher comes up. But, it doesn' t keep the settings.

D

Daniel Hill

Got a problem with the Hermitpack Mod Pack, when i open my inventory (E) the contents shift around, same when i close it, i can't see any control bindings in the menu causing it, any solutions would be appreciated.

Verarticus

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know the mod that changes the sky in Skyfactory 2.5? (The one that adds all the planets and such) And if possible how to remove it. I want to use some shaders but every planet is considered a sun lol.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
You'll have to check to be sure, but I believe it's Garden of Glass.

Not sure why shaders on a skyblock map, but okay.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What is the point of the "Deviating Lily" from ProjectRed? I need dye so I figured perhaps these would be an option, but (a) they take forever and a day to grow to maturity, and (b) when they finally do "grow up", they barely drop enough seeds to re-plant them, nevermind giving me extra dyes to use. They're not "right-clickable" to just harvest the dye/seed and leave the plant intact. You have to break the plant in order to get any drops. Yuck. So, in my opinion, the Deviating Lily might be the worst item in the entire game. LOL But perhaps they're useful for the ProjectRed mod items, I dunno. They must have some purpose, but for making dye they're about as useful as teats on a bull.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
No idea, I completely disable them in the config. They are a pointless addition to the mod.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
What is the point of the "Deviating Lily" from ProjectRed? I need dye so I figured perhaps these would be an option, but (a) they take forever and a day to grow to maturity, and (b) when they finally do "grow up", they barely drop enough seeds to re-plant them, nevermind giving me extra dyes to use. They're not "right-clickable" to just harvest the dye/seed and leave the plant intact. You have to break the plant in order to get any drops. Yuck. So, in my opinion, the Deviating Lily might be the worst item in the entire game. LOL But perhaps they're useful for the ProjectRed mod items, I dunno. They must have some purpose, but for making dye they're about as useful as teats on a bull.

I think I saw some recipes that required the seeds when I was playing Space Astronomy, but they weren't anything I needed at the time, so I abandoned farming them.

Hopefully simple question: Is there supposed to be an 'empty tank' sound in Galacticraft/4Space? I've been playing Galactic Science, and keep noticing a line in my logs about

[12:36:11] [Client thread/WARN]: Unable to play unknown soundEvent: spacemercury:4space.musicSpace

It seems to occur approximately when my tank would have switched from the primary to the back-up (usually when I AFK for longer than I should.) Doesn't really affect the gameplay at all, just curious.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Looking for some help with Refined Storage mod here.

Trying to make destruction/construction cores with the crafter in RS. This should only take a processor and a piece of redstone/netherquartz (depending on what one you want to make).

This item isn't made in a machine, and can even be made in the standard 2x2 in your inventory grid, but when I try to request one in my system (created the pattern, put it into a crafter etc etc) my crafting monitor shows an error that it can't find a machine to make it. I've even put the crafter facing a vanilla crafting table and it still won't make them

Halp?

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to add 3 additional modifiers to tools with tinkers in 1.10? The notch apple was removed and nothing is mentioned in the book. I know the 2 other ways to add modifiers but i need to add 3 :/

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for some help with Refined Storage mod here.

Trying to make destruction/construction cores with the crafter in RS. This should only take a processor and a piece of redstone/netherquartz (depending on what one you want to make).

This item isn't made in a machine, and can even be made in the standard 2x2 in your inventory grid, but when I try to request one in my system (created the pattern, put it into a crafter etc etc) my crafting monitor shows an error that it can't find a machine to make it. I've even put the crafter facing a vanilla crafting table and it still won't make them

Halp?
if its looking for a machine it sounds like you made the pattern in a processing encoder not the pattern grid

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
is there a way to add 3 additional modifiers to tools with tinkers in 1.10? The notch apple was removed and nothing is mentioned in the book. I know the 2 other ways to add modifiers but i need to add 3 :/

I think notch apples are still available as dungeon loot, but just no longer craftable. Depending on your pack, this may not be of any use.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
So I've tested the G1GC collection and I do want to start using. But how do you make this a permanent change for the Curse Launcher. Obviously I can edit the profile once the vanila launcher comes up. But, it doesn' t keep the settings.

I don't use the curse launcher, so I can't say. But I thought that the curse launcher just chained to the vanilla launcher with a specific profile.

So:
1. Why not just go directly to the vanilla launcher, and
2. In the vanilla launcher you can edit the profile and set G1GC. It will be remembered.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I don't use the curse launcher, so I can't say. But I thought that the curse launcher just chained to the vanilla launcher with a specific profile.

So:
1. Why not just go directly to the vanilla launcher, and
2. In the vanilla launcher you can edit the profile and set G1GC. It will be remembered.

I don't think it works that way... You create a profile using the Curse launcher and that profile is in turn executed by the Mojang launcher. For example, you cannot create a Curse profile that will load a "snapshot" MC version. It will always default to the latest release version, and you will have to edit that profile in the Mojang launcher every time you want to use the "snapshot".

I'm pretty sure I've seen places to change command line Java options but have not had the need to do so since I saw them.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I did find a location in the curse launcher to put in the additional argument. And Hambeau is correct you can't modify permanently in the vanilla launcher. Curse overwrites it every time. Still didn't find a way to remove any aurguments (like PermSize) from the curse though.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Are you saying that when you use the curse launcher, it makes one profile for the vanilla launcher that it modifies every time, instead of one profile per modpack/instance you use the launcher for?

i.e. -- if I am running three different modpacks from the curse launcher, does it add in three different profiles into the vanilla launcher, or does it keep modifying one single profile each time you switch?

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
You get one launcher per each pack and modifies that particular instance

Edit: if you update a pack and create a new profile... you get a brand new launcher as well. They're labeled seperately