Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My solution (for today at least) is to go find another game to play. LOL But enough sniffling and whining and crying from me - no more. I either suck it up, rebuild my inventory, and carry on... or I don't. It's not like I had 27 stacks of iridium ores on me when I got sucked into the Hungry Node. I basically lost my tools and my 7 ProjectRed backpacks in every color of the rainbow (string and sticks, basically).

I thank you all for the help and advice, but I'm moving on with my life. hahaha

Reactions: Greystoke

ddlJunky

Jul 29, 2019
So I think this is a pretty easy question to answer so I think this might be the right thread to ask.
I made like a stack of electrum ingots in the smeltery (tinker's construct), now I found a villager who wants electrum ingots but apperantly he wants those from immersive engineering only. How do I change stuff like ingots from tinker's construct to ingots from immersive engineering as simple as possible (don't have a lot of machines yet).

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So I think this is a pretty easy question to answer so I think this might be the right thread to ask.
I made like a stack of electrum ingots in the smeltery (tinker's construct), now I found a villager who wants electrum ingots but apperantly he wants those from immersive engineering only. How do I change stuff like ingots from tinker's construct to ingots from immersive engineering as simple as possible (don't have a lot of machines yet).
If you've got MFR, the Unifier is one of the simplest solutions for this problem. There are some others, but that's the first one that comes to mind.

Also, JABBA and Storage Drawers are able to convert between ore dictionary types, but you'd need an Immersive Engineering ingot to get it started. There is probably some way to pull that off using some machines from some mod or another (check NEI for details), but at that point you wouldn't need to convert them with another block anyway.

Reactions: ddlJunky

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
"EDIT - Also apparently you can put kinetic dynamos on both sides of the same wheel to double your power. Neat."

For real? (talking about Immersive Engineering, see images)
http://imgur.com/a/6hcMJ

How come I never knew this, and never even thought to try it? Is it even true?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hungry Node rescue SUCCESSFUL! Thanks for all the help, couldn't have done it without you guys. Oh, I didn't try the water method, I mined a stack of obsidian blocks before I went there and just made a wall between my grave and the node. Once I got everything, then I got worried for a brief moment that I was stuck and couldn't escape (I couldn't just walk away from it) but for some reason digging down one block into the dirt allowed me to escape it. I didn't look back. haha Man, I am pumped, I had just about given up on my grave as lost for good.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Hopefully this is a simple question: Using Minechem, and trying to add Beryllium's 'Beheading' aspect to a sword. Or even the Polytool. (I'd rather use the Titanium sword, though, that thing is sweet.) I have tried sword + 1 Be in a crafting grid; sword + 8 Be in a crafting grid; sword + Bucket of Be in a crafting grid; even throwing the sword into a one-block 'pool' of Beryillium. Nothing.

Oddly enough, I can't get the Polytool to take it on the GUI either. I am very confused.

P

permeus

sorry if this is the wrong place but i was wondering if anyone knew what mod was altering the inventory UI in the FTB Infinity Lite 1.10?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
OniyaMCD, the polytool only takes stacks of an element, so it will not work if you try to put 1 in. Also, the polytool modifiers only work in the polytool. The chemicals that do work on swords are the ones that give potion effects when you drink them.

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
sorry if this is the wrong place but i was wondering if anyone knew what mod was altering the inventory UI in the FTB Infinity Lite 1.10?

Which UI are you referring to? If it looks like a dark wood background then you are looking in an Immersive Engineering Crate, for example.

BTW, I like picking these up at the Engineer's house in villages because:

A). They have stuff in them -and-
B). They keep their inventory when broken.

Also, barring unfortunate worldgen, you can get 3 of them at each house, greatly increasing your Mobile Inventory :)

Reactions: Pyure

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
OniyaMCD, the polytool only takes stacks of an element, so it will not work if you try to put 1 in. Also, the polytool modifiers only work in the polytool. The chemicals that do work on swords are the ones that give potion effects when you drink them.

Thanks! Not about to try drinking the stuff - losing my head doesn't sound like a good time. ;)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I thought villagers spawned under the right conditions?

I play on a server where the spawn was located at a village. Apparently all the villagers died before I began playing. Now I'm the only one left in the starting village, but no new villagers have spawned even tho all their houses are still here (with intact doors and roofs). Why don't they ever spawn? What am I missing? Do villagers only spawn if there are a male and a female villager to spawn them (LOL, but it would make sense, right)?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, gotta have at least two making luuurve to repopulate.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

I play on a server where the spawn was located at a village. Apparently all the villagers died before I began playing. Now I'm the only one left in the starting village, but no new villagers have spawned even tho all their houses are still here (with intact doors and roofs). Why don't they ever spawn? What am I missing? Do villagers only spawn if there are a male and a female villager to spawn them (LOL, but it would make sense, right)?
Basically yes, except they're genderless. You still need two of them, though. And some extra doors.

Also note that you can dezombify zombie villagers with a weakness splash potion and a golden apple. Handy for founding a village where you're too lazy to cart in some villagers form somewhere else.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012

If all the Villagers died then what you have to do is either transport Villagers from other villages or convert zombie Villagers into normal villagers by curing them.

You need a minimum of two Villagers for them to breed, and the conditions for the Villagers must be properly set up:

1. Villagers need houses that are defined to be a house according to Villager breeding rules. If the house they could live in doesn't qualify as a house they won't use it and it doesn't count as a part of their maximum potential population, so if some Creeper blew up part of a house you would need to fix it first before they'll breed in it.

2. They need access to all doors in order to breed successfully and not pile up at one particular door. Versions 1.7.10 and thereabouts had broken or incorrect Villager breeding mechanics meaning that all of the Villagers would clump around one door and go nuts trying to open the one door. If you happen to find a situation like this when your population reaches a certain number, breaking and replacing the door they keep using sometimes fixes this.

They also were not correctly considering houses that spawned in a Village as houses and you would certainly have some work cut out for you if you wanted to fix things.

Have you checked with the server admins to see if they intentionally shut down the Village for some reason? Since you're on a server, it's certainly possible there was an issue with the Village at spawn and they simply removed or deleted all the Villagers.

Villagers don't naturally spawn in villages, they are generated once when the Village is created, but after that no new Villagers will naturally respawn there, they will only breed to repopulate a village if breeding conditions are right. This is a design decision by Mojang, AFAIK.

You should try to find the conditions for Villager breeding in the Minecraft wiki, and discuss with the server Admins if they want Villagers in the spawn village, as often they are removed for one reason or another.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
You should try to find the conditions for Villager breeding in the Minecraft wiki, and discuss with the server Admins if they want Villagers in the spawn village, as often they are removed for one reason or another.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

One common reason is that Villagers hold more information for each entity - each villager takes up a unique bit of memory with what trades it has available, as well as its health level. It's not like hostile mobs (which despawn or get destroyed regularly) or even peaceful mobs (which usually are either healthy or actively being killed for resources.) And since Spawn is kept loaded continually... having too busy a Spawn can get things lagging.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah the "always chunk loaded" feature is precisely why I still live in the deserted starting village.

But it's not only deserted of Villagers, it's deserted of all real players as well. Is there anything more depressing than playing on a server while everybody else has left for "greener pastures" (i.e. the grass is always greener in a new-and-improved modpack)? Well I guess its really no different from playing SSP, except I get some extra benefits from using somebody else's computer... such as "spawn is always chunk-loaded 24/7/365". I guess that's why I still play SMP, so I can log in and discover that long task finished up overnight while I was sleeping and my computer was off - what a cool trick! :)

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
- Is there a way to tell "Witchery" not to interfer with villages?

It seems to overwrite the chromaticraft buildings completly. And even with pretty much disabling everything town-related (so setting the weight of almost everything to 0) in the config, it still doesn't seem to work.