Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I realized that the mod Chicken Chunks are disabled in FTB Infinity Evolved ModPack and I'm curious to know why it is disabled and also wanted to know why they just do not remove it?

ChickenChunks was the Go-To mod for chunkloading when the original version (pre-Evolved) of Infinity was launched. Since then, favour has moved to FTBUtils for that purpose, and all other chunkloading has been disabled (possibly RC Anchors still working?). It remains in the pack as a relic of those days, but also to provide an alternative to those who are too stubborn to move on . The core mod is needed for other mods in the pack anyway, so it doesn't hurt to have it around, just in case.

B

Bradyskit

Hello All.
One of my friends is trying to start a project ozone server for us to play on, but runs into some problems regarding Lapito's Galacticraft.
The server loads up to a certain point, but then refuses to go any further
This is what it looks like
[18:44:49] [Thread-20/ERROR] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: Galacticraft update check failed! Trying again in 15 seconds
[18:44:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Unloading dimension 76
[18:44:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Unloading dimension 7
[18:44:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Unloading dimension 6
[18:44:51] [Server thread/INFO] [FML/]: Unloading dimension 1
[18:45:04] [Thread-20/ERROR] [Galacticraft/GalacticraftCore]: Galacticraft update check failed! Trying again in 15 seconds
[18:45:27] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[18:45:27] [Server thread/DEBUG] [Hardcore Wither/]: Saved data
[18:46:12] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[18:46:12] [Server thread/DEBUG] [Hardcore Wither/]: Saved data

I've pinned the entire log, for anyone curious as to the rest of it.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Crash-Log.txt
    2.5 MB · Views: 87

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
One of my friends is trying to start a project ozone server for us to play on, but runs into some problems regarding Lapito's Galacticraft.
The server loads up to a certain point, but then refuses to go any further

Bradyskit, please open a new thread in the tech support section of the forums for this issue. I'm not sure what your problem is with the server but from what I see in the log everything is normal and doesn't indicate a problem with Galacticraft. It is normal for servers to unload dimensions after startup that aren't chunk loaded. Also, I've run Galacticraft on one of my server and it is typical to get errors doing update checks with it.

That said, I see you are using Java 8.0_92. I've heard there are some issues with the newest version of Java and mod packs. The curse launcher fixes Java at 8.0_25. So it might not be a bad idea to downgrade your java. I don't know if it will help but it might be worth a try.

C

Centenis

Playing FTB infinity evolved, is there an item than can give me a infinite passive regeneration buff? one that i wouldnt have to reapply. (fine if it requires a battery for something like that) Also what is the best storage for RF

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Playing FTB infinity evolved, is there an item than can give me a infinite passive regeneration buff? one that i wouldnt have to reapply. (fine if it requires a battery for something like that) Also what is the best storage for RF

Botania has a pendant that can take on the properties of Botanical Brews. Add the regen flask to that pendant and have a band of aura and mana and you should be fine.

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I think EnderTech health pads can do it. And best storage is Draconic Evolution's glowing sphere of doom. Handheld power is also DE's Draconic flux capacitor of doom.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the FTB Unstable and trying to make an Extra Utilities 2 Chunk Loading ward, but it takes a Golden Lasso with a Villager that is "Under Contract". Anyone know how to make a Villager "Under Contract"? I've already tried just random villagers and no luck on crafting it.

Fedex_worker

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep a chunk permanently loaded in a single player world (in FTB infinity)? There is an in game item that can do so, but I would assume there is some sort of config option that can be used as well. Just not sure where to look. Thanks!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep a chunk permanently loaded in a single player world (in FTB infinity)? There is an in game item that can do so, but I would assume there is some sort of config option that can be used as well. Just not sure where to look. Thanks!

FTBUtils offers the preferred chunkloading option for Infinity (both SSP and SMP). The options are to the left of your armor slots in the inventory screen. You can use that map to claim chunks, then you can chunkload a claimed chunk in the same manner (a ctrl-click I think).

Edit: Alternatively, you could use a block suck as a RailCraft World Anchor to keep an area loaded. MFR has an option as well, but I remember it being a poor choice in most cases. The pack ships with ChickenChunks disabled by default, so you could enable that to load chunks as well. Note that these each have their own quirks, costs, and areas covered, so do a bit of Google-Fu to decide which option is best for your individual situation. I've found FTBUtils to be reliable and precise in my play so far, with nothing needed for infrastructure or fuel/power needs.

Last edited:
S

Sgt.Stomp

Is there a way to add some type of redstone signal or any notification to an AE2 crafting co processor to show when it is currently processing a recipe?

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just starting to use Railcraft for the first time, and I'm trying to figure out how to properly use elevator tracks. I found that a lever at the bottom to get the redstone signal to the top didn't go as planned, as when I hit the track from above I bounced back and was sent back along my rail. Big buttons, even with a stack of items in them, don't stay pressed long enough for the cart to get all the way back up. I need to lengthen the signal it gets without toggling it so it lasts long enough to get me up, but will be off by the time I get back. How do I do this? Ik repeaters delay a signal but that's about it.
Playing Infinity Evolved btw.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm just starting to use Railcraft for the first time, and I'm trying to figure out how to properly use elevator tracks. I found that a lever at the bottom to get the redstone signal to the top didn't go as planned, as when I hit the track from above I bounced back and was sent back along my rail. Big buttons, even with a stack of items in them, don't stay pressed long enough for the cart to get all the way back up. I need to lengthen the signal it gets without toggling it so it lasts long enough to get me up, but will be off by the time I get back. How do I do this? Ik repeaters delay a signal but that's about it.
Elevator tracks will only transmit a redstone signal downward, but will do so infinitely far. So the source of your redstone signal will need to be at the top (which it sounds like you've already figured out).

I'd probably solve the problem of constructing a two-way elevator track with a detector rail at the top, a State Cell (assuming ProjectRed or some similar mod was available) to lengthen the signal, and a NOT gate to invert the signal from the state cell so that the tracks stay powered most of the time, but turn off temporarily when a cart triggers the detector track. That way, the elevator is always ready to carry a cart upward, but turns off for a bit when a cart comes in from the top.

However, if you're allergic to redstone but have plenty of resources, you could solve it with a second column of elevator tracks. Keep one powered constantly with a lever or a redstone torch/block, and leave the other unpowered. Then, you'd just need to make sure that your carts always go to the right elevator. If you're using a continuous loop of track, that's trivial. If you want carts to travel both directions on the same track above and below the elevator, you could use switch tracks (without any switch levers/motors) at the top and bottom to send carts the right way. If I remember correctly, they'll send carts straight through whenever possible by default, so just make sure that the path straight through the switch track leads to the correct elevator, the path branching off to the side leads to the other elevator, and the curved part of the switch track is pointed such that carts coming in from the side will be directed away from the elevators (you can use a crowbar to flip them around).

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
By NOT gate, you mean an inverter, right? Those things are pretty easy. I haven't really done anything with ProjectRed, but looks like it's time to make more than just red alloy wire. I'll have to do some fiddling around to figure out state cells though.

Going off topic, just how rare are massive mushroom biomes? This thing isn't even an island either. It's a huge, sprawling mushroom biome. Lots of villages, too.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Has anyone got any good uses for the illumar feedback button from Project:Red? I get its functionality, that it will light up when powered with vanilla redstone and when it's pressed, but... I don't really get what it's for. Does that make sense?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Use a RS Latch together with two Directional detectors.
I used this setup as an example for the RS Latch in a little "modded redstone guide" I made a while back:

Rest of it is here if someone is interested: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ide-collection-etc.42664/page-41#post-1169153

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
By NOT gate, you mean an inverter, right? Those things are pretty easy. I haven't really done anything with ProjectRed, but looks like it's time to make more than just red alloy wire. I'll have to do some fiddling around to figure out state cells though.

Going off topic, just how rare are massive mushroom biomes? This thing isn't even an island either. It's a huge, sprawling mushroom biome. Lots of villages, too.

If it's a new Infinity world without Biomes'O'Plenty enabled, I've heard the entire world generates as one continuous Mushroom Island Biome. Not sure if this is relevant to your issue, but it sounds similar.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, it's not the whole world. Biomes O' Plenty is enabled, but it's a normal world. I settled in a village in a plain next to it before building my permanent base, and before that I was in a forest biome with a magical forest nearby, though I use Mystcraft worlds to harvest the resources in those now. I'm working on mapping this monster out. In some places, it actually surrounds patches of other biomes! I'm hoping to find a jungle next to it.