Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. Weird. Well, at least I have access to a bunch of caves that have no mobs now.
I did, however, find something pretty rare: 2 walled villages next to each other, and between them, above one of those little water pools, there was a random iron oreberry bush aboveground. I'll have to put up a screenshot later.
I'l try the trick with the state cell for my elevator. That should work.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Doesn't AE2 have a Crafting Monitor that let's you see what it's currently doing?

Actually it is built into the standard or crafting terminals. Just use the button in the upper right of the terminal and it will show what each of the crafting CPUs are currently crafting. The crafting monitor is something you make part of the crafting CPU multi-block and will only show you what that one crafting CPU is doing.

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone got any good uses for the illumar feedback button from Project:Red? I get its functionality, that it will light up when powered with vanilla redstone and when it's pressed, but... I don't really get what it's for. Does that make sense?

Those are just to look nice, I think. And maybe as a light/button combo as well. Kinda like on some devices IRL that have buttons that light up.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

Centenis

Play ftb infinity evolved, became a vampire, is there ANY way to make it so fire cant kill me? I ve tried ALOT of things and nothing has worked (fire resist passive is disabled for vampires)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Play ftb infinity evolved, became a vampire, is there ANY way to make it so fire cant kill me? I ve tried ALOT of things and nothing has worked (fire resist passive is disabled for vampires)
i think a botania amulet can do it not the tainted blood one , i think its called "crimson pendent " its elven knowledge that needs a gai spirt i think (do note the guardian can break vampire protection because it is a boss )
the weaker version of it(pryoclaust pendant) just extinguishes u if ur not touching fire/lava anymore and are burning

C

Centenis

i think a botania amulet can do it not the tainted blood one , i think its called "crimson pendent " its elven knowledge that needs a gai spirt i think (do note the guardian can break vampire protection because it is a boss )
the weaker version of it(pryoclaust pendant) just extinguishes u if ur not touching fire/lava anymore and are burning
Tried it, while it makes it so fire and lava dont do any damage it takes away my vampire invinciblity, defeating the purpose

missHPfan2

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to make elevator tracks not decouple carts and cause them to leave behind carts linked to them? I want to get a small train of a normal cart and a chest cart or two in and out of my mine, and this is the last issue I need to solve. Everything else is working except this...

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to make elevator tracks not decouple carts and cause them to leave behind carts linked to them? I want to get a small train of a normal cart and a chest cart or two in and out of my mine, and this is the last issue I need to solve. Everything else is working except this...
Yeah you cannot, as seen in one of Etho's Modded series, it will usually decouple... The way around it is to simply use a spiral rail upwards in a 3x3 shaft.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

D

Dweia

Hi, I'm trying to make a buildcraft lumberjack robot chop down some oak trees. How shoul I set it up so it chops the trees in a specific area? I configured an emerald AND gate to redstone signal on-> work in area, power low-> goto station.

The issue is that when I turn the lever on, the light on the robot just flashes and the robot does nothing. Also, do I have to give it an axe, and if so, how? I configured the work area with landmarks and I also specified the station with the map location. I'd appreciate some help.
Thanks!

Edit: I'm playing on 1.7.10, infinity evolved skyblock expert mode latest version.

joshwoo70

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm trying to make a buildcraft lumberjack robot chop down some oak trees. How shoul I set it up so it chops the trees in a specific area? I configured an emerald AND gate to redstone signal on-> work in area, power low-> goto station.

The issue is that when I turn the lever on, the light on the robot just flashes and the robot does nothing. Also, do I have to give it an axe, and if so, how? I configured the work area with landmarks and I also specified the station with the map location. I'd appreciate some help.
Thanks!

Edit: I'm playing on 1.7.10, infinity evolved skyblock expert mode latest version.
I feel that you didn't use the BC kinetic pipe to supply energry to the robot.

Sent from a phone running tapatalk OS

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Those are just to look nice, I think. And maybe as a light/button combo as well. Kinda like on some devices IRL that have buttons that light up.
Ah, fair enough :) I thought it was worth an ask, if there was any really nifty functionality or particular purpose it gives.

I had another quick question:

On our custom modpack (1.7.10), we've got Tinker's Construct, ExtraTiC and Immersive Engineering (along with a fair few others but they aren't relevant here); in NEI it lists constantan and electrum tool parts, and the fluids, which ExtraTiC adds, and yet I can't alloy either of those in the TiC smeltery! The IE ores just sit there, not melting. Weirdly, even the alloy dusts won't smelt! Has anyone else encountered this, and does anyone have a fix? We have Minetweaker and Modtweaker in there, so I believe that alloying recipes could be added, but it doesn't seem right, you know?

Cheers, GwnG

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate Agricraft 10/10/10 breeding? CC maybe?
I'm getting pretty annoyed by doing it by hand for every single crop...

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Is there a way to automate Agricraft 10/10/10 breeding? CC maybe?
I'm getting pretty annoyed by doing it by hand for every single crop...

I don't think so, BUT; let me share with you something that I only found out very recently, which has made my life so much better with regards to that:

Using default Agricraft settings (i.e. weeds on, plants not spreading from <2 adjacent plants, stat improvement increasing with more plants adjacent to crop sticks and so on), you can cut corners a bit by using the awesome Clipper! Despite some info stating that there should be a stat drop from the clippings you take from a plant (which manifest as a little bag-like item with a picture on the front of the plant in question), it seems that in default settings they stay exactly the same! The lower the strength stat, the more likely the clipping is to fail its planting - but you can always retry it.

So, scenario: say you've got 4 mature 5/5/5 plants around an empty cross-crops; you SHOULD get a decent stat boost when they spread to the centre block. Lets guess 6/8/7.

What you can then do is break all the existing plants, and take your improved seed and replant (after analysing) in one of the 4 spots the 5/5/5's were in. Let that grow (bonemeal if possible) then take 3 clippings from that (you might need more if any plantings are unsuccessful) and plant them on cropsticks in the 3 other spots the 5/5/5 seeds were previously in. You will now have 4 seeds of 6/8/7 - when these spread to the centre block, you will get another big stat boost.

You'll find that you can get up to 10/10/10 a LOT quicker than you thought; while its not as good as automating, its not a bad second option! :)

- GwnG

Reactions: PierceSG

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You need to use the Coupler Track before and after to fix it.

Reactions: Mindfeak926

splashblue

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so, BUT; let me share with you something that I only found out very recently, which has made my life so much better with regards to that:

Using default Agricraft settings (i.e. weeds on, plants not spreading from <2 adjacent plants, stat improvement increasing with more plants adjacent to crop sticks and so on), you can cut corners a bit by using the awesome Clipper! Despite some info stating that there should be a stat drop from the clippings you take from a plant (which manifest as a little bag-like item with a picture on the front of the plant in question), it seems that in default settings they stay exactly the same! The lower the strength stat, the more likely the clipping is to fail its planting - but you can always retry it.

So, scenario: say you've got 4 mature 5/5/5 plants around an empty cross-crops; you SHOULD get a decent stat boost when they spread to the centre block. Lets guess 6/8/7.

What you can then do is break all the existing plants, and take your improved seed and replant (after analysing) in one of the 4 spots the 5/5/5's were in. Let that grow (bonemeal if possible) then take 3 clippings from that (you might need more if any plantings are unsuccessful) and plant them on cropsticks in the 3 other spots the 5/5/5 seeds were previously in. You will now have 4 seeds of 6/8/7 - when these spread to the centre block, you will get another big stat boost.

You'll find that you can get up to 10/10/10 a LOT quicker than you thought; while its not as good as automating, its not a bad second option! :)

- GwnG

Thanks for your reply, I always forget about the clippers. Seems to be a nice trick.

So, if you use 4 crops instead of 2 to breed the new crop, will the output get higher stats?

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
S

Sgt.Stomp

Actually it is built into the standard or crafting terminals. Just use the button in the upper right of the terminal and it will show what each of the crafting CPUs are currently crafting. The crafting monitor is something you make part of the crafting CPU multi-block and will only show you what that one crafting CPU is doing.
That's perfect. I never saw that button. Thanks

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply, I always forget about the clippers. Seems to be a nice trick.

So, if you use 4 crops instead of 2 to breed the new crop, will the output get higher stats?
Me too! That's why I wanted to mention it - I ground out a bunch using the clockwise-switch method, and eventually remembered the clippers and that revolutionised my whole approach! Along with some massive facepalming over time wasted ;)

Absolutely, that's what I've found so far - if you use 2 plants, I've found it is much more likely to only improve stats by 1 (or 2 if you're lucky!), and not all three at once; when you use 4 plants, there seems to be a much better chance of not only increasing stats by a higher amount, but also getting simultaneous increase of two or even all three of the stats!

I recommend a bit of experimentation - try it from 1/1/1 with 2 and with 4 crops, and see if you observe the more rapid increase. I feel confident that you will :)

Reactions: splashblue