Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
P

PantACRO4life

Are there any blocks that spiders cannot climb (its for a mob farm)? I used to think they couldn't climb glass, but apparently they can. Even covering the blocks with signs doesn't work anymore.
Use strip or something like that from microblock at buttom of your build

Reactions: RedBoss

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any blocks that spiders cannot climb (its for a mob farm)? I used to think they couldn't climb glass, but apparently they can. Even covering the blocks with signs doesn't work anymore.

I seem to recall that spiders can't climb soul sand.

R

rolander68

Is there a better way to turn mob essence to xp than making bottles o' enchanting in an auto-enchanter? I'd rather just get the xp directly, but Inventions doesn't seem to have anything other than grinders that can keep up with even a single Tier 5 soul shard. I suppose I could try setting up a whole pile of Killer Joe's, but enchanting all those swords would get pricey pretty fast (and I'm honestly unsure if a powered version of The Ender takes damage in a Killer Joe if you've got a Wireless Charger keeping it powered...if it does, repairing all those swords and catching them before they break would not be easy.)

You can fill an OpenBlocks tank with mob essence and just right click it with an empty fist to get xp from it, but I'm not sure if OpenBlocks is in Infinity, but it's a pretty common mod.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a better way to turn mob essence to xp than making bottles o' enchanting in an auto-enchanter? I'd rather just get the xp directly, but Inventions doesn't seem to have anything other than grinders that can keep up with even a single Tier 5 soul shard. I suppose I could try setting up a whole pile of Killer Joe's, but enchanting all those swords would get pricey pretty fast (and I'm honestly unsure if a powered version of The Ender takes damage in a Killer Joe if you've got a Wireless Charger keeping it powered...if it does, repairing all those swords and catching them before they break would not be easy.)

You can fill an OpenBlocks tank with mob essence and just right click it with an empty fist to get xp from it, but I'm not sure if OpenBlocks is in Infinity, but it's a pretty common mod.

Along that vein, a BC Floodgate and a MFR Straw. Floodgate fills your lake of Mob Essence, and when you drink it with the Straw, you gain XP. Lake of XP. Because you can.

N

Namelesswon

Attempting to connect to my server and receiving the error fatally missing blocks and items for Feed The Beast Infinity Evolved please help and responded asap.

A

Aycce

Question : Where do I download the goddamn launcher ? I've been seeking through the entire website, downloaded Curse thinking it was the launcher, been on the wiki that linked me to the main page (with obviously NO launcher download) , etc...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Question : Where do I download the goddamn launcher ? I've been seeking through the entire website, downloaded Curse thinking it was the launcher, been on the wiki that linked me to the main page (with obviously NO launcher download) , etc...
http://www.feed-the-beast.com/
Big red download button downloads curse, which is the launcher ftb is using. Underneath that there is also the links to the legacy downloads or in other words the old ftb launcher

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
They cannot climb up overhangs, although any vertical surface is fair game. The overhang doesn't need to be a full block- in fact, spiders can't even climb over a ladder or an open trapdoor if there's nothing below it. Vanilla players sometimes embed fences or cacti in their walls for the same reason. Whatever you do, just make sure it's high enough off the ground that the spiders can't jump onto the overhanging blocks.

M

MagicMage1238

I'm sure this has been asked a lot....

What is the best pipes or system to use for transporting/sorting items and Liquids? I have used BC and they are ok but can be annoying when the destination source is full.

R

rolander68

Along that vein, a BC Floodgate and a MFR Straw. Floodgate fills your lake of Mob Essence, and when you drink it with the Straw, you gain XP. Lake of XP. Because you can.

Forgot about those two. Also just remembered that OpenBlocks showers also rain XP and you don't have to do anything except stand there.

R

rolander68

I'm sure this has been asked a lot....

What is the best pipes or system to use for transporting/sorting items and Liquids? I have used BC and they are ok but can be annoying when the destination source is full.

BuildCraft pipes are OK, but they're a little weird sometimes. The two pipes I use are the Thermal Expansion fluiducts and EnderIO fluid conduits are both pretty awesome in my opinion, but both are pricey (compared to BC pipes that you can make out of cobble and wood easy) but they're very good when set up properly. ExU transfer nodes are also pretty cool. Or just use a hopper (you can't go wrong with vanilla eh?) Hope I helped.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Personally I usually turn to Logistics pipes for my sorting of both fluids and items. Ducts (item or fluid) are a popular option though, as are EnderIO conduits, although only the top tier fluid conduit can handle multiple liquids at once.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the unstable 1.9.4 pack and I'm trying to find Tinkers' Construct Firewood for the auto-smelt and can't seem to find it. I assumed this type of thing would be in the nether, but after about an hour I'm still not finding any. Any idea on where I can find it, if it is able to be found?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Playing the unstable 1.9.4 pack and I'm trying to find Tinkers' Construct Firewood for the auto-smelt and can't seem to find it. I assumed this type of thing would be in the nether, but after about an hour I'm still not finding any. Any idea on where I can find it, if it is able to be found?
I'm not certain about autosmelt offhand, but I do know that TiCo adds orange slime islands to the Nether at magma-sea-level where you can get some materials with setting-things-on-fire-type modifiers. So that's the first place I'd look (assuming that the firewood isn't just crafted from some more accessible materials).

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not certain about autosmelt offhand, but I do know that TiCo adds orange slime islands to the Nether at magma-sea-level where you can get some materials with setting-things-on-fire-type modifiers. So that's the first place I'd look (assuming that the firewood isn't just crafted from some more accessible materials).

I found 4 of those islands and it doesn't seem to spawn there.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Is there any way to auto-insert Crafting Pattern into an ME Interface from AE2? I'd like to be able to make the pattern, dump them into my ME system and have it export them into my Interface/Assembler Item Factory. Currently, I have to manually put the patterns into the Interfaces.