Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Or just build some simple walls to keep the hoard at bay.

While I don't disagree with that as an idea, I don't think that it's necessary in Regrowth. I did that when I played Crash Landing due to the sheer hostility of the mobs.

The problem I have with walls, is that you tend to be reluctant to move them due to the effort involved, you tend to keep building in the area that you've already got.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
How much ram do I need for my private 1 person server for. modded infinity evolved?

I have 8gb of ram now and allocated 4.25gb for multiMC to run the pack.. Does 1 gb enough or do I need to allocated to 2? Tried to keep it as minimum as possible to save my ram usage

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How much ram do I need for my private 1 person server for. modded infinity evolved?

I have 8gb of ram now and allocated 4.25gb for multiMC to run the pack.. Does 1 gb enough or do I need to allocated to 2? Tried to keep it as minimum as possible to save my ram usage

Pretty sure you would need more than that. Probably close to 4GB.

I would not recommend trying to run the client and the server with only 8GB of RAM. JAVA uses substantially more than you allocate, your OS needs a good portion too. And a lot of "behind the scenes" reserved/standby RAM by other programs etc. means you cannot use it all.

Reactions: reddvilzz

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure you would need more than that. Probably close to 4GB.

I would not recommend trying to run the client and the server with only 8GB of RAM. JAVA uses substantially more than you allocate, your OS needs a good portion too. And a lot of "behind the scenes" reserved/standby RAM by other programs etc. means you cannot use it all.
Well I tried with 2gb and play with it for a while and jt seems no issues happened but that's just for a while no idea if I tried to play it for like an hour.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
what is the backup in FTB Unstable (it does not seem to be Aroma) - and is there a config to change the frequency of the backups?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
What are all the things IE stands for on here? Cause IK it at least means Infinity Evolved and Immersive Engineering, just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything else.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What's the detection range of Zombies? It feels like it's about half the map.

They changed it so Zombies would act more like, well, Zombies. :) Just think of movies like Night of the Living Dead, where the Zombies just keep coming in ever-larger hordes... that's what they were going for.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
What are all the things IE stands for on here? Cause IK it at least means Infinity Evolved and Immersive Engineering, just wanna make sure I'm not missing anything else.

This has come up before, and I'm a supporter of using ImmEng to denote Immersive Engineering to save some confusion. I see IE and my brain screams Internet Explorer, which I've come to view as a slight on anything else using those initials.

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
Hello!

I have a question that is making me crazy!

I have an Energy Core of mod Draconic Evolution and have a storage area for items and I use the storage system of the Applied Energistics 2 and as you know it needs energy and how I can pass the energy of Core Energy for machines of AE?

What I've tried:
-Use the Tesseract of mod Thermal Expansion, AE and Ender IO cables not connected to the block.
-Use the batteries from other mods and own AE, AE and Ender IO cables not connected to the block.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
AE has its own Energy Accepter block. Need it to convert from any other tech to something AE uses

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock seems to run off of a local server or something in singleplayer. It seems this way due to mobs lagging and other similar things that only happen on servers. Is there a way around this or no?

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Infinity Evolved Skyblock seems to run off of a local server or something in singleplayer. It seems this way due to mobs lagging and other similar things that only happen on servers. Is there a way around this or no?
Yeah this has been part of minecraft since something like Minecraft 1.3, singleplayer is basically internally hosted multiplayer.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah this has been part of minecraft since something like Minecraft 1.3, singleplayer is basically internally hosted multiplayer.
Yes Minecraft itself is split up in a server and client aspect, even in singleplayer. This has nothing to do with the modpack.

It is not this separation that is making you lag. You have something that is taking up taking up so much processing time that the server aspect cannot process all the things in the world that it needs to in the time allotted. Number one cause of this is usually mobs AI. Look for lots of mobs concentrated in one spot(animal farms, villagers breeding out of control etc.). Another cause is bad and overuse of machines/magic/automation. Everything that does something needs to be processed and handled. If you set up a gazillion units that does something at ridiculous speeds, then that is going to significantly add to the processing time needed per tick. Once it takes longer to process a tick than a tick lasts: Lag.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019

Yes Minecraft itself is split up in a server and client aspect, even in singleplayer. This has nothing to do with the modpack.

It is not this separation that is making you lag. You have something that is taking up taking up so much processing time that the server aspect cannot process all the things in the world that it needs to in the time allotted. Number one cause of this is usually mobs AI. Look for lots of mobs concentrated in one spot(animal farms, villagers breeding out of control etc.). Another cause is bad and overuse of machines/magic/automation. Everything that does something needs to be processed and handled. If you set up a gazillion units that does something at ridiculous speeds, then that is going to significantly add to the processing time needed per tick. Once it takes longer to process a tick than a tick lasts: Lag.

Lame. Super lame. How did I not notice this before? I guess it must be because of the ridiculously huge amount of mods.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Lame. Super lame. How did I not notice this before? I guess it must be because of the ridiculously huge amount of mods.
In a skyblock you cannot really blame it on the amount of mods, since the only things going on are thing that you have placed/built. If you cannot handle those, then you have built something wrong, or your computer is not powerful enough to run that selection of mods.

I recommend you install Opis(don't know if infinity is shipped with it by default or not) and use it to look for trouble areas.