Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
On 1.7.10, is it still worth it to lower a TiC tool's durability to 1 and THEN apply a capacitor of sorts?
That's only with stonebound and yes. Notably an ardite hammer at low durability is the faster hammer in the game, even faster than enderium as the stonebound increases for a hammer whereas the base speed gets a massive nerf. Although I think I've seen something about swapping one plate for bedrockium can improve it a bit.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
It really isn't THAT ridiculous, even in expert mode. All rocket fuel requires is:
1. An EnderIO Vat
2. Water, potato/wheat, sugar - to make Hootch
3. Hootch, gunpower, redstone - to make Rocket Fuel

Then to make the plastic itself you need Electrical Steel, which Silicon is prob the hardest part, but just SAG Mill sand for that, piece of cake.
And the compressed sawdust, but just use that Thermal Expansion Sawmill for making your planks out of wood logs, and you'll have plenty of sawdust.

Rocket Fuel (or MFR Plastic) is a lot easier than people make it out to be, but I do hear this exactly comment about it over and over, especially on the server I play on. Don't understand it tho.

Vat requires:
-Electrical Steel
-Alloy Smelter
-Crushed Obsidian
-Rock Crusher
-Block of Steel (x4)
-Diamond (x12)​
-Induction Furnace
-Advanced Machine Casing
-Steel Plate (x4)
-Steel (x4)
-Metal Former
-Basic Machine Casing
-Iron Chipset
-Assembly Table
-Diamond Gear
-Diamond (x4)
-Gold Gear
-Gold (x4)
-Smeltery​
-At least one Laser
-Diamantine Electron Tube (x2)
-Diamond (x5)
-Thermionic Fabricator
-Sturdy Casing
-Bronze (x20, including the bronze for the gears)
-Copper (x15)
-Tin (x5)
-Smeltery​
-Advanced Alloy (x2)
-Compressor
-Basic Machine Casing (see above)​
-Carbon Plate (x2)
-Compressor (see above)​
-Steel Plate (x4)
-Metal Former (see above)​
-Machine Chassis
-Basic Machine Frame
-Assembly Table (see above)
-Crushed Obsidian
-Rock Crusher (see above)​
-Dense Refined Iron Plate
-Metal Former (see above)
-Compressor (see above)​

At this point I just got really tired of listing off things so I gave up, but you get the idea.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
95% of the above stuff you already made/acquired because it was required for other stuff
Was gonna mention this. That list only makes sense if you intended on skipping those machines. Which in Expert mode is just... plain dumb.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: goreae

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
/dev/null should be working fine, as I accidentally put those items on the grid and saw it as an output. The jeweled apple is also present (apple in middle, 4 diamonds as a cross) and the recipes for canisters are working.

Did you try the /dev/null on the crafting table, or on the 2x2 from your inventory? Some recipes, even though marked as shapeless, only work on the table.

Try typing /mt reload into the chatbox (or getting a server op to do so). Minetweaker has a tendency to glitch out and make recipes not work; that usually fixes it.

Thanks for replies guys. I tried to use '/mt reload' command and then used regular crafting table, TC one and my 2x2 inventory grid, it still didn't work.
I looked at ID's and saw that all my apples are 260:16. I checked NEI usage for them and it seems that I can't use them in ANY crafting recipe (NEI shows only only presser and extractor pages, there are no crafting ones). I tried to cheat myself in 'regular' ID 260 apple, but it shows as 260:16 as well and recipes are still inactive.

How can I fix it ? I'm using Infinity Evolved 2.5.0 pack, didn't add any new mods to it. Fresh single player world.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
How do I obtain the Crimson Rites book in Infinity Evolved Skyblock? I need it in order to be able to make the Eldritch Eye, but there are no Eldritch Obelisks, therefore no Crimson Cultists. I've researched everything from the Ex Astris section and am out of ideas.

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Sifting endstone

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Is that the only way? I mean, I already killed the ender dragon so I could just bottle some end air and chuck it on some stone to make some, but crushed end stone just gives SO LITTLE draconium. And considering the amount of draconium needed for the things in this mod, that doesn't seem like a very good way to go about it.

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Is that the only way? I mean, I already killed the ender dragon so I could just bottle some end air and chuck it on some stone to make some, but crushed end stone just gives SO LITTLE draconium. And considering the amount of draconium needed for the things in this mod, that doesn't seem like a very good way to go about it.
no as i already stated crushed netherrack gives you drac. at a higher %

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
I though endstone gave 3x as much as netherrack. You sure?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
crap yea you're right, im thinking of the percentage you get from the cobalt/ardite which is 10%, drac. from netherrack is 2%, end stone is 7% my bad!

Reactions: TrJace

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
What's the most efficient and/or fastest way to get draconium in Infinity Evolved Skyblock?
The dragon drops it right? or am I remembering that wrong? Anyway endstone is the fastest material for sifting so you'll probably want that, note that for maximum returns you have to take the draconium dust blocks you get and turn them into draconic ore before using fortune on that, averages out at about 0.2 draconium per endstone iirc, and 0.1 draconium per netherrack if you maximise returns that way. The maths I did should be somewhere in the first couple of pages of the Infinity Skyblock discussion thread if you want more precise numbers, basically just amounts to while you get more draconium for every netherrack draconium chunk the increased drop rate on endstone pushes it ahead. As for some bizarre reason they made primal mana not require cobalt or ardite anymore you don't even really need to sift that much netherrack at all.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone point me to where I can peek at what's going down with the devs? Pack/mod development stuff and such.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a complete listing of ALL the so-called "private" (i.e. hidden) modpacks in the FTB Launcher?

I've asked this before (and gotten answers) but what is the point of hiding modpacks behind "private codes"?

Yesterday, based on a modpack recommendation, I installed the Curse Launcher. While on Curse, I discovered a modpack called Space Astronomy, and it noted that it can be found on the FTB Launcher by entering a "Pack Code". Since I had a terrible experience running Minecraft via Curse (it's a horrible app IMO, I don't need a chat app, I just need a Minecraft launcher), I immediately switched back to the FTB Launcher and loaded up the pack that way. MUCH, MUCH better.

But it all makes me ask this question: What is the point? What is the purpose behind hiding modpacks that I might enjoy playing, but since I don't even know they exist, how can I?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Is there a complete listing of ALL the so-called "private" (i.e. hidden) modpacks in the FTB Launcher?

I've asked this before (and gotten answers) but what is the point of hiding modpacks behind "private codes"?

Yesterday, based on a modpack recommendation, I installed the Curse Launcher. While on Curse, I discovered a modpack called Space Astronomy, and it noted that it can be found on the FTB Launcher by entering a "Pack Code". Since I had a terrible experience running Minecraft via Curse (it's a horrible app IMO, I don't need a chat app, I just need a Minecraft launcher), I immediately switched back to the FTB Launcher and loaded up the pack that way. MUCH, MUCH better.

But it all makes me ask this question: What is the point? What is the purpose behind hiding modpacks that I might enjoy playing, but since I don't even know they exist, how can I?

I find third party packs in the Third Party section of these forums....