Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have any recommendations for getting villagers in Infinity Evolved Skyblock? Literally the only way I know of is Cocoon of Caprice, and tbh that just seems like a waste of ender pearls, diamonds, and emeralds considering 90% of the time you won't even get a villager you want anyway.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Anyone have any recommendations for getting villagers in Infinity Evolved Skyblock? Literally the only way I know of is Cocoon of Caprice, and tbh that just seems like a waste of ender pearls, diamonds, and emeralds considering 90% of the time you won't even get a villager you want anyway.
cure a zombie villager using the de-zombiecation syringe from mfr , its either that or curing them the vanilla way (either way the process is not instant and needs to be done away from other zombies )

Jorvalt

Jul 29, 2019
cure a zombie villager using the de-zombiecation syringe from mfr , its either that or curing them the vanilla way (either way the process is not instant and needs to be done away from other zombies )
Well I mean aside from that. MFR plastic in expert mode costs ROCKET FUEL, which is ridiculous, and I guess the vanilla way would be okay if not for it being so difficult to pick out zombie villagers from all the rest of the zombies in a spawner type situation.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
So you get the villager from the cocoon and you make a village to breed them in. You could also use the brew of love to breed them up nice and quick. Note you can get lily pads from using a crook on a dirt block with a water source on top of it.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Note the brew of live can make villagers breed without a reliance on doors and with no cooldown. So using a brew of love on a group of 16 villagers will get you 8 baby villagers instantly. If you use two brews at once, you instantly double your flock.

TrJace

Jul 29, 2019
Well I mean aside from that. MFR plastic in expert mode costs ROCKET FUEL, which is ridiculous, and I guess the vanilla way would be okay if not for it being so difficult to pick out zombie villagers from all the rest of the zombies in a spawner type situation.
You can get plastic from fishing as well. I set up a fisher with my first few pieces of plastic and have gotten a few stacks from that

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to take a small break from GT packs and started to play Inifnity Evolved several days ago (normal mode).

The problem is I can't seem to get items that I were always useful to me- heart canister and /dev/null. Were the recipes for jeweled apple (4 diamonds + an apple in the middle) and /dev/null (apple + cobblestone) changed or removed ? Ones that are shown in NEI doesn't seem to work- I put proper items in the crafting grid, but the output field is empty.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

It really isn't THAT ridiculous, even in expert mode. All rocket fuel requires is:
1. An EnderIO Vat
2. Water, potato/wheat, sugar - to make Hootch
3. Hootch, gunpower, redstone - to make Rocket Fuel

Then to make the plastic itself you need Electrical Steel, which Silicon is prob the hardest part, but just SAG Mill sand for that, piece of cake.
And the compressed sawdust, but just use that Thermal Expansion Sawmill for making your planks out of wood logs, and you'll have plenty of sawdust.

Rocket Fuel (or MFR Plastic) is a lot easier than people make it out to be, but I do hear this exactly comment about it over and over, especially on the server I play on. Don't understand it tho.

Reactions: goreae

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am using golems to farm some Witchery crops, but quite often they don't replant them again. Is there a problem in my setup or are the plants just not dropping seeds all the time?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for anyone with knowledge of what the current state of the GregTech mod is, I know Greg has been working on version 6 for probably a full year now since he abruptly decided to stop working on GT5. Is the mod fully playable? How many things are incomplete in it? Are there any modpacks around with GT6 in them that I could play and see for myself?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I decided to take a small break from GT packs and started to play Inifnity Evolved several days ago (normal mode).

The problem is I can't seem to get items that I were always useful to me- heart canister and /dev/null. Were the recipes for jeweled apple (4 diamonds + an apple in the middle) and /dev/null (apple + cobblestone) changed or removed ? Ones that are shown in NEI doesn't seem to work- I put proper items in the crafting grid, but the output field is empty.
/dev/null should be working fine, as I accidentally put those items on the grid and saw it as an output. The jeweled apple is also present (apple in middle, 4 diamonds as a cross) and the recipes for canisters are working.

Did you try the /dev/null on the crafting table, or on the 2x2 from your inventory? Some recipes, even though marked as shapeless, only work on the table.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I am using golems to farm some Witchery crops, but quite often they don't replant them again. Is there a problem in my setup or are the plants just not dropping seeds all the time?
Turns out after a bit of experimentation that the golems seem rely on actually "dropped floating" items for the replanting. So my Advanced Item collectors are snatching them up before it can replant...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Looking for anyone with knowledge of what the current state of the GregTech mod is, I know Greg has been working on version 6 for probably a full year now since he abruptly decided to stop working on GT5. Is the mod fully playable? How many things are incomplete in it? Are there any modpacks around with GT6 in them that I could play and see for myself?
From what I gather it is still in early alpha. And not a whole lot of packs use it. They tend to go with GT5U.

Only pack I really heard about that used GT6 was Simply Gregtech 6.

Reactions: asb3pe

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have an all magic 1.7.10 pack and want a substitute fuel in the TiCon smeltery. I have Thaumcraft with most add-ons, except for Kami and Potatoes. No botania. Any suggestions?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have an all magic 1.7.10 pack and want a substitute fuel in the TiCon smeltery. I have Thaumcraft with most add-ons, except for Kami and Potatoes. No botania. Any suggestions?
The only magical liquids I can think of are Life Essence(Blood magic) and Liquid XP. Both could work I suppose as a progression step. Needing to make an alter and hurt yourself to make tools. Or kill mobs to gather XP, infusing their essence into the tools(works kinda well when you think how vanilla enchanting works).

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The only magical liquids I can think of are Life Essence(Blood magic) and Liquid XP. Both could work I suppose as a progression step. Needing to make an alter and hurt yourself to make tools. Or kill mobs to gather XP, infusing their essence into the tools(works kinda well when you think how vanilla enchanting works).
I have better lore for life essence. The smeltery actually infuses the metal with life, and so it discombobulates into a mass of individual organisms, a tiny ecosystem inside the smeltery. Some materials resist each other, while some are naturally attracted to each other (alloying mechanic) and by pouring the metal into a mold, you give them a much smaller environment to move in, and as such they quickly die out and leave a mundane tool part.

But I think sir jdog here was asking for something that they could use in a personal pack not something to add to a public magic themed pack. In which case, there's not really any alternatives I can think of.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Try typing /mt reload into the chatbox (or getting a server op to do so). Minetweaker has a tendency to glitch out and make recipes not work; that usually fixes it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
From what I gather it is still in early alpha. And not a whole lot of packs use it. They tend to go with GT5U.

Only pack I really heard about that used GT6 was Simply Gregtech 6.

rhn, as usual, you da man! thx bud, that modpack will def to the job for me today, I just wanna have a look-see at what changed. Perfect!

Edit: The mod with the most ores in the game has now gotten even BIGGER! YAY!! Support for Metallurgy mod.

http://mods.curse.com/modpacks/minecraft/242251-simply-gregtech-6

"Made primarily as a convenience for users of the Curse Voice Minecraft launcher, this pack is a simple way to use the new, rewritten GregTech 6. In addition to GregTech and IC2, it contains other mods which Greg has added compatibility for, such as metallurgy and harvest craft. These are configured in such a way to fit as seamlessly as possible into the progression and spirit of GregTech. I have also added other tech-mods which fit well with GregTech, such as Railcraft, RotaryCraft, and Forestry for Minecraft."

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Thermal Foundation adds some interesting liquids that can be MineTweaked to be created through mystic means.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I have better lore for life essence. The smeltery actually infuses the metal with life, and so it discombobulates into a mass of individual organisms, a tiny ecosystem inside the smeltery. Some materials resist each other, while some are naturally attracted to each other (alloying mechanic) and by pouring the metal into a mold, you give them a much smaller environment to move in, and as such they quickly die out and leave a mundane tool part.

But I think sir jdog here was asking for something that they could use in a personal pack not something to add to a public magic themed pack. In which case, there's not really any alternatives I can think of.
It's a Public Pack (Code is "INCOMPETENCE") and I think I'll use molten Ignatius or Vulcanite from Metallurgy