Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I've read on several instances mention to using Caps locks to afk sieve. Is it just bind and use, or is there something more to it? I bound my "Use Item/Place Block" key to "CAPITAL" and it works as the regular mouse key bind.
I think it's easier to prop something heavy onto the mouse button

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
Good evening, about draconic Storage. I am looking for a way to read how much rf the draconic storage is holding in order to send a redstone signal when it's almost full. I have tried the power monitor from ender IO but it seems to only read the max capacity of the storage ( T7 ). I tried Rftools Monitor too but I didn't reach to make it work ,my storage is currently 1/4 full but when I tried to send a signal if it was less or more than X ( I did all of the possibilities ) i never had a signal corresponding to the current amount of RF stored.

I apologise for my poor english :).

I think this can help you:

You can use Cobblestone Pipe Structure with Basic Gate and Red Pipe Wire, like this in the pictures
obs: I have Low Energy Stored

How you see in the image Basic Gate is sending a Red Pipe Signal On to the other Basic Gate and when this Basic Gate receives it sends an Redstone Signal that activates the Piston but this only happens when it is set Low Energy Stored because my Energy Core is with low energy but the case is set for High energy Stored the Piston is not activated because my Core Energy is low on energy.
I hope this helps but if you do not understand I explain further ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I think this can help you:

You can use Cobblestone Pipe Structure with Basic Gate and Red Pipe Wire, like this in the pictures
obs: I have Low Energy Stored

How you see in the image Basic Gate is sending a Red Pipe Signal On to the other Basic Gate and when this Basic Gate receives it sends an Redstone Signal that activates the Piston but this only happens when it is set Low Energy Stored because my Energy Core is with low energy but the case is set for High energy Stored the Piston is not activated because my Core Energy is low on energy.
I hope this helps but if you do not understand I explain further ;)
In my experimentation, the "Low Energy Stored" simply means anything other than full. So it will keep being true until the very point where it goes to exactly 100%.

These two gate conditions are IMO the most useless there are. I could have sworn the ones we had in previous versions were much better.

Reactions: Linda Hartlen

V0LUM3

Jul 29, 2019
Just started ftb infinity and I'm starting to progress through ender Io. I am now in need of hardened glass. I noticed a recipe for hardened glass using tinkers construct. As I have this set up for tools already this is the easiest way for me to get my hardened glass.

However it doesn't seem like the recipe works or I'm doing something wrong.

I melted down several lead ingots. Placed an obsidian block in my casting basin.. Tried pouring the lead out but it doesn't work..

Any tips?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Just started ftb infinity and I'm starting to progress through ender Io. I am now in need of hardened glass. I noticed a recipe for hardened glass using tinkers construct. As I have this set up for tools already this is the easiest way for me to get my hardened glass.

However it doesn't seem like the recipe works or I'm doing something wrong.

I melted down several lead ingots. Placed an obsidian block in my casting basin.. Tried pouring the lead out but it doesn't work..

Any tips?

If you're gonna use Tinkers, I would say you simply need to melt down the obsidian inside the smeltery instead of trying to pour the lead over it in the casting basin. Pour the finished combined liquid into the mold to get your glass, perhaps? Never done it that way but that's prob how it would work. If they don't combine inside the smeltery for some reason, you can always pour the obsidian into the casting basin to get it back out, because that's how I make mine during early game, just lava+water piped in thru a Drain block.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So where did the 3rd Party modpack "Infitech" go? I just went to reload an old game of mine, and the modpack is gone??? Where did it go, and what should I do now? How do I play my Infitech world?

Nevermind, I found it, it's a private modpack and I guess I never knew that (or I forgot).

When I installed the FTB Launcher, private packs don't show up until you enter the code.

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
So where did the 3rd Party modpack "Infitech" go? I just went to reload an old game of mine, and the modpack is gone??? Where did it go, and what should I do now? How do I play my Infitech world?
It didn't go anywhere? It should still be there, the code is "17infitech". If it's mysteriously deleted itself from your FTB folder? Probably out of luck there sorry.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't go anywhere? It should still be there, the code is "17infitech". If it's mysteriously deleted itself from your FTB folder? Probably out of luck there sorry.

I got it, thanks. I didn't know it was private, and yeah, I installed the FTB Launcher on a new computer and Infitech was gone so I panicked. LOL

And let me just take this opportunity to speak my mind and say... having "Private" modpacks in a public modpack launcher is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Look at what just happened to me this morning. What's the purpose of hiding stuff? Don't we have enough hidden crap in our stupid world? sigh

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
And let me just take this opportunity to speak my mind and say... having "Private" modpacks in a public modpack launcher is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Look at what just happened to me this morning. What's the purpose of hiding stuff? Don't we have enough hidden crap in our stupid world? sigh
Because it's *way* better than the alternative, given the lack of a sorting system if you just put all the public private packs as public you'd have a list of hundreds of modpacks which would make finding the right ones incredibly annoying.

Now if we could just have something like a working cross-platform version of the curse launcher that'd be great, as it actually has search features and whatnot to simplify all this.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I got it, thanks. I didn't know it was private, and yeah, I installed the FTB Launcher on a new computer and Infitech was gone so I panicked. LOL

Well the FTB launcher have needed updating for years in those regards. And work has been put in to make a completely new launcher. But then AFAIK know drama happened. And then Curse. So now we are stuck with this.

And the packs are not really hidden as any packs website/reddit page/whatever will(or should) tell you the password for the packs.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm confused because the hype for the curse launcher was that it would replace the FTB launcher and it has almost everything, except for unlisted packs. Which is a shame because the FTB launcher crashes packs and corrupts them on me more than the Curse launcher(Never had a corruption through curse woot!) but anytime I wanna use a 3rd party unlisted(and most listed for that matter) I have to download it from FTB and move it to curse and rearrange the files and then replace scripts mods and configs on every update. It's a shame because a lot of packs just flat out refuse to launch on FTB launcher but moving to the Curse launcher works perfectly fine.

So is Curse going to get 3rd Party packs from FTB?
Or am I a dunce and is it possible to get the 3rd party packs?

Rei Da Tecnologia

Mar 2, 2016
Umuarama - PR, Brazil
In my experimentation, the "Low Energy Stored" simply means anything other than full. So it will keep being true until the very point where it goes to exactly 100%.

These two gate conditions are IMO the most useless there are. I could have sworn the ones we had in previous versions were much better.

For this reason I said "I think this can help you" because I was not sure I could help him and I am very beginner in these mods so I just tried to help him with the little knowledge that I have.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe? But I'm playing a pack without tinkers construct and I'd prefer not to add it as it adds a ton of stuff that I really don't need.
Look up Imiblis Macroblocks. It MIGHT have what you are looking for.
However I don't exactly know what you need texture wise. Imiblis Macroblocks adds vanilla style brick block versions of other vanilla textures. Absurdly enough it adds melon and pumpkin brick blocks...
It also adds colomns if those extra block types and more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Xavion

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Look up Imiblis Macroblocks. It MIGHT have what you are looking for.
However I don't exactly know what you need texture wise. Imiblis Macroblocks adds vanilla style brick block versions of other vanilla textures. Absurdly enough it adds melon and pumpkin brick blocks...
It also adds colomns if those extra block types and more.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Seems to be exactly what I want thanks.

Reactions: Azzanine

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Can I use TiC Casting Channels to flow molten metal from, for example, a Seared Tank into a drain and, thus, back into the Smeltery?

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I believe so, but casting channels are...glitchy. I wanted to set up a purely aesthetic thing where stuff flowed through casting channels to get to casting basins, and fluid would go missing somewhere along the channels. Not a lot, but enough that I would end up short of casting full blocks (at the time I was using it to make clear glass.)

I have 2 1/2 questions.

Can taint spread through empty space? I'm playing IE Skyblock, and I'm wondering if I build a platform a couple chunks from my main base and taint it, if it can spread to my base.

Is there a minimum required size for the Blood Magic demon invasion area? Regardless of whether there is or isn't, will it summon blocks to expand itself if I only give it a small area to populate? I know it didn't use to if you did it on a floating island above the sea (the one time I've seen someone do it they used one of the laputa shards from Botania to make an island for it) but that was a long time ago, and I don't know if it has changed.

Reactions: Ashendale

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Good evening, about draconic Storage. I am looking for a way to read how much rf the draconic storage is holding in order to send a redstone signal when it's almost full. I have tried the power monitor from ender IO but it seems to only read the max capacity of the storage ( T7 ). I tried Rftools Monitor too but I didn't reach to make it work ,my storage is currently 1/4 full but when I tried to send a signal if it was less or more than X ( I did all of the possibilities ) i never had a signal corresponding to the current amount of RF stored.

I apologise for my poor english :).

you can use a comparator on the input or output block.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I believe so, but casting channels are...glitchy. I wanted to set up a purely aesthetic thing where stuff flowed through casting channels to get to casting basins, and fluid would go missing somewhere along the channels. Not a lot, but enough that I would end up short of casting full blocks (at the time I was using it to make clear glass.)

I have 2 1/2 questions.

Can taint spread through empty space? I'm playing IE Skyblock, and I'm wondering if I build a platform a couple chunks from my main base and taint it, if it can spread to my base.

Is there a minimum required size for the Blood Magic demon invasion area? Regardless of whether there is or isn't, will it summon blocks to expand itself if I only give it a small area to populate? I know it didn't use to if you did it on a floating island above the sea (the one time I've seen someone do it they used one of the laputa shards from Botania to make an island for it) but that was a long time ago, and I don't know if it has changed.

I'm not sure on the Taint question.

As for the invasion, it will at least summon the blocks for the houses, but I don't think it'll work too well if you make it on an island that just fits the ritual area. I did mine on a flat Mystcraft age I made specifically for the occasion. I don't want to mislead you, but I'm almost sure it has a 500 block maximum range. I gathered my shards, looted some houses and left that hellish age, only to return if I happened to need more.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
Looking for help on the FTB Unstable 1.8 modpack - What is the mod that does the in-game backup, I am looking to see if I can change the frequency on the backups but don't know where to look for the config