Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there a way to force Curse packs to use my installed Java by default? Curse packs run Java Runtime Environment by default and I have to manually tell, each pack, at launch, every time to use JRK rather than JRE...

Not sure this is Curse. Curse just invokes the native minecraft launcher to launch a pack. Is this something change after launching the pack? Can post a screen shot of where you change it?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to force Curse packs to use my installed Java by default? Curse packs run Java Runtime Environment by default and I have to manually tell, each pack, at launch, every time to use JRK rather than JRE...
In the actual MC launcher you should be able to set the Java Path

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
playing regrowth latest version.

1- is there a way to fix mana tablet not sticking to cursor.

2- what plant from botania will increase tick rate of magical crops, or any other item to increase magical crops tick rate.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
playing regrowth latest version.

1- is there a way to fix mana tablet not sticking to cursor.

2- what plant from botania will increase tick rate of magical crops, or any other item to increase magical crops tick rate.

1) Not sure. Never had an issue when I played Regrowth.

2) Agricarnation. Also look into Agricraft Sprinklers and Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth. I had a small field with two Lamp of Growth and a Harvest Golem (collected by a Hopperhock) that provided the majority of the resources I needed into late game.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

2) Agricarnation. Also look into Agricraft Sprinklers and Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth. I had a small field with two Lamp of Growth and a Harvest Golem (collected by a Hopperhock) that provided the majority of the resources I needed into late game.
Also, Blood Magic's sigil and ritual of the Green Grove will accelerate crops, as does OpenBlocks' sprinkler (which I'm fairly sure isn't in Regrowth anyway).

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure this is Curse. Curse just invokes the native minecraft launcher to launch a pack. Is this something change after launching the pack? Can post a screen shot of where you change it?
In the actual MC launcher you should be able to set the Java Path
I can indeed set the path to Java. After saving the profile, running and playing the game, once I close and open it again, the path is again set to JRE.

With or without a system reboot...

Edit: when I wrote "close and open it again", I meant closing the game and MC lancher windows.

Last edited:

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019

Also, Blood Magic's sigil and ritual of the Green Grove will accelerate crops, as does OpenBlocks' sprinkler (which I'm fairly sure isn't in Regrowth anyway).
Agricarnations and Openblocks' sprinkler don't work on magical crops, but Agricraft Sprinklers and Thaumcraft lamps of growth do. (Reinforced) watering cans work, too.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Things I know affect growth ticks and are not just doing bonemeal effects:
  • AgriCraft sprinklers
  • ChromatiCraft Kijani crystal lasers
  • Botania Agricarnations
  • Blood Magic Sigil/Ritual of the Green Grove
  • RotaryCraft sprinklers
  • RotaryCraft fertilizers
  • Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Some say agricarnations work with magical crops. Some says no. Which is it.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Some say agricarnations work with magical crops. Some says no. Which is it.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk
Things I know affect growth ticks and are not just doing bonemeal effects:
  • AgriCraft sprinklers
  • ChromatiCraft Kijani crystal lasers
  • Botania Agricarnations
  • Blood Magic Sigil/Ritual of the Green Grove
  • RotaryCraft sprinklers
  • RotaryCraft fertilizers
  • Thaumcraft Lamp of Growth
Tl;Dr yes.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Got 2gb ram
As in you only got 2GB RAM total installed on your computer?

If this is the case, then there is really only two answers IMO:
  • Play a smaller pack(The FTB Light packs were designed for this), or
  • Get more RAM. But if you only have 2GB of RAM, then there is reasonable odds that you only have a 32bit PC and in that case more RAM will not help much(not to mention a waste of money upgrading IMO). Then it have escalated to buying a new PC, or going back to the first point.

Reactions: Hambeau

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1) How much experience can the Ender IO experience obelisk hold?
2) Is there an item I can craft that displays exactly what time it is in game? (like this guy has in his screenshot: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/attachments/1-png.22250/)
I've never managed to max out the enderIO experience obelisk if that's any indication, and I've thrown hundreds (thousands?) of levels at the thing.

According to this wiki issue, there's a config for the max levels the XP toys can store. You may want to start there.

M

MrThePlague_

I've never managed to max out the enderIO experience obelisk if that's any indication, and I've thrown hundreds (thousands?) of levels at the thing.

According to this wiki issue, there's a config for the max levels the XP toys can store. You may want to start there.

Thanks for the link. If I'm reading it correctly it just uses the max value for how many levels a player can have and that number is higher than my obelisk will ever reach. I just automated an xp berry farm with a reinforced watering can and ran out of space for the liquid XP so I piped in an experience obelisk to suck up the overflow. I was just curious if I should make a 2nd in case the 1st gets full but it likely never will considering I only have 5 bushes (they grow like crazy with the watering can though).

If it does not have to be "handheld" then an (Advanced) Industrial Information Panel + Time Card will show a digital clock of ingame time.
Thank you I will look into crafting that if it's available in the DW20 server I'm on (has a few disabled mods)