Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
my direwolf20 modpack (version 1.10 and 1.09) only has wood tool bindings for tinker's construct is this a bug or intended?

http://imgur.com/2une2E3

This may be the work of Inpure Core. I know it filters out a lot of junk (microblocks, covers, BiblioCraft furniture, etc) that has a ton of variants from NEI. It leaves one in place, so you can find the recipe, but all the duplicates (different colored chairs, for instance) get removed. Try making a different kind using the Pattern or make a wooden one and pour some Aluminum Brass over it.

All the details for the materials should be available if you NEI the ingot version of metals if you're interested.

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
hmm.. odd thing.. 1.6.4 as before. I no longer gain xp from killing mobs, bottles of enchanting mining etc. the tinkle tinkle sound is heard but my xp bar remains empty... anyone got any clue what is up?

yes i am not in creative or anything, and have tried relogging. I got xp before and now it stopped and i havent changed anything

Last edited:

volbia

Jul 29, 2019

This may be the work of Inpure Core. I know it filters out a lot of junk (microblocks, covers, BiblioCraft furniture, etc) that has a ton of variants from NEI. It leaves one in place, so you can find the recipe, but all the duplicates (different colored chairs, for instance) get removed. Try making a different kind using the Pattern or make a wooden one and pour some Aluminum Brass over it.

All the details for the materials should be available if you NEI the ingot version of metals if you're interested.

ah ok, yep it worked when I tried it. should have done that to begin with. thanks!

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Does anyone know of a way to produce redstone ore in Infinity Evolved? Brainstorming a way to have a renewable source of cinnabar for ore production. There's no Mekanism in the pack, and I'd prefer not to use the MFR laser drill for a change!
If you don't want to use the MFR Laser, the Orechid is a magical alternative that changes nearby stone to ores at a heavy mana cost. The botania-native way of silk touching these would be using the weight lens to drop the ores onto a torch or similar.

Reactions: Firnagzen

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i find updated forge versions, and how do i install them? trying to add some mods to an existing pack, but it says i need a newer forge, i found a .jar file that says it is the correct version of forge from a web site but it doesn't change anything if i add it to the mod list.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i find updated forge versions, and how do i install them? trying to add some mods to an existing pack, but it says i need a newer forge, i found a .jar file that says it is the correct version of forge from a web site but it doesn't change anything if i add it to the mod list.
I think I can give you advice on this. I've never made a custom pack, so I may be wrong.

On Curse, once you have selected the mods you want, click on the pack so it shows the mod list in that pack. Click on the 3 dots near the top of the page and open the profile for the modpack. Change the forge version to what you want.

Keep in mind that some mods need newr version while others need older. I think you'll have to individually check each mod's change log for it's particular version.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
hmm.. odd thing.. 1.6.4 as before. I no longer gain xp from killing mobs, bottles of enchanting mining etc. the tinkle tinkle sound is heard but my xp bar remains empty... anyone got any clue what is up?

yes i am not in creative or anything, and have tried relogging. I got xp before and now it stopped and i havent changed anything
Just as a long shot, you are not carrying something that absorbs and stores XP?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Just as a long shot, you are not carrying something that absorbs and stores XP?
This would be Hero's Medallion from Reliquary, a charm from Thaumcraft, can't remember what it's called. And a few other things but these are the bigger ones that I remember.

Reactions: rhn

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
Yupp double and triple checked that. I am soo confused, and I really dont want to have to restart my world.. again.

edit: killing myself seems to have fixed it. very very odd. but hey works now :) thanks guys anyway you guys rock :)

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread along the lines of "What cool mod did you discover today?" Or should I use the cool little thing thread?

Edit: Or should I make one, lol

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Is there a thread along the lines of "What cool mod did you discover today?" Or should I use the cool little thing thread?

Edit: Or should I make one, lol
Use the cool little things thread, unless the mod is new then post it in what's new in modded minecraft today thread

Reactions: jdog1408
N

nikola bilic

can anyone please help me , i have a madpack server and i placed fluid conduit and second and put ender tank on it my server crashed, i dont know if pipes are problem i saw "fluid" in log im just adding that, i will put log if needed, can anyone please help me

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
can anyone please help me , i have a madpack server and i placed fluid conduit and second and put ender tank on it my server crashed, i dont know if pipes are problem i saw "fluid" in log im just adding that, i will put log if needed, can anyone please help me
Is the server or client crashing? And please post a log using www.pastebin.com

N

nikola bilic

i tried adding newer version of forge but i guess i didnt do i correctly it said " cant find forge.1.7.10..... " something like that, that was in cmd launch server

Firnagzen

Jul 29, 2019
ender quarry with silktouch upgrade

but thats not renewable however u mention mekinism , last i check it does not have ore collection method that is renewable

the only other method(if u cant use the laser drill from mfr) thats actually renewable (ignoring rftools and mystcraft )is an orechid from botania
If you don't want to use the MFR Laser, the Orechid is a magical alternative that changes nearby stone to ores at a heavy mana cost. The botania-native way of silk touching these would be using the weight lens to drop the ores onto a torch or similar.
Thanks!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
i tried adding newer version of forge but i guess i didnt do i correctly it said " cant find forge.1.7.10..... " something like that, that was in cmd launch server

Open a new thread for the support and give some more details about what pack you are using. Also pastebin the crash report that the console log points to in that new thread. On your system it should be this file:

C:\Users\Nikola\Desktop\Games\at launcher\Servers\TheMadPack_216\.\crash-reports\crash-2016-02-23_00.48.39-server.txt

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to force Curse packs to use my installed Java by default? Curse packs run Java Runtime Environment by default and I have to manually tell, each pack, at launch, every time to use JRK rather than JRE...