Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
T

ThatModGuy

As in you only got 2GB RAM total installed on your computer?

If this is the case, then there is really only two answers IMO:
  • Play a smaller pack(The FTB Light packs were designed for this), or
  • Get more RAM. But if you only have 2GB of RAM, then there is reasonable odds that you only have a 32bit PC and in that case more RAM will not help much(not to mention a waste of money upgrading IMO). Then it have escalated to buying a new PC, or going back to the first point.
I am using a mac, which i'm pretty sure is just 64 bit, but it's an old computer so that might be something to do with that, and i forgot to mention that I'm using a server and its on my other computer and thats what I'm talking about

C

camdenbuzard

I started playing with essential craft, and now I'm constantly getting struck by lightning, exploding, throwing all my inventory to the ground etc. Is there some way to get rid of this easily? It's gotten to the point that I'm ready to delete my character's json file on the server just to get rid of the effect, if that would even work.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How can I fix clogging with auto crafting with the induction smelter?
You will need to specify more than that for people to help. How are you automating it?

If you are talking about the problem of part of the required items getting left in there during chunk/server/world unloads, then there is really nothing you can do about it. Other than making sure everything is chunkloaded, not to shut down while crafting or have dedicated machines for every recipe.

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread/location/form for suggested improvements to the FTB launcher?

I was going to suggest that, when updating packs, it compares the update with the current pack, including any mods you added to it. In this way you don't have to go hunting to figure out what custom mods you've added that have been removed by the update.

Just a simple window, similar to the current 'Edit Modpack' window, that lists all mods that aren't identical in name (including any that exist in one and not the other) and that persists while and after the modpack is downloading and updating.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a thread/location/form for suggested improvements to the FTB launcher?

I was going to suggest that, when updating packs, it compares the update with the current pack, including any mods you added to it. In this way you don't have to go hunting to figure out what custom mods you've added that have been removed by the update.

Just a simple window, similar to the current 'Edit Modpack' window, that lists all mods that aren't identical in name (including any that exist in one and not the other) and that persists while and after the modpack is downloading and updating.
Curse can do this I think? The main issue is it makes everything much more complex as they need to track the before and after names all the time, Curse works by tracking everything as they do so they've already got the data, but for FTB? Not worth it. Particularly as the Curse launcher is still the intended goal iirc.

S

Sgt Doom

On the latest version of Infinity Evolved, I have utilised a quarry to dig down to bedrock in the ocean in preparation for an underwater base. Since the water blocks where there used to be stone and such are flow rather than spawn, I anticipate odd things happening in construction such as e.g. a balcony having a dry spot underneath it, plus the ever-present sound of flowing water. How would I go about filling all this up so i've basically got a 64x64x64 block of pure water?

signupsucks

Jul 29, 2019
Curse can do this I think? The main issue is it makes everything much more complex as they need to track the before and after names all the time, Curse works by tracking everything as they do so they've already got the data, but for FTB? Not worth it. Particularly as the Curse launcher is still the intended goal iirc.

It wouldn't be inordinately complex. At the time of update, you automatically have two lists: the old pre-update list, and the incoming post-update list. Compare the names of mods between the two, output anything that is different. No need to keep track of anything at all.

But if FTB is deprecated in favor of the curse launcher then I won't hold my breath for any sort of updates to the FTB launcher.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
On the latest version of Infinity Evolved, I have utilised a quarry to dig down to bedrock in the ocean in preparation for an underwater base. Since the water blocks where there used to be stone and such are flow rather than spawn, I anticipate odd things happening in construction such as e.g. a balcony having a dry spot underneath it, plus the ever-present sound of flowing water. How would I go about filling all this up so i've basically got a 64x64x64 block of pure water?
If you've got a quarry, I assume you're talking Buildcraft, so you could use a floodgate. Just cordon off the top of the area with something like dirt that you can easily remove later, then plop the floodgate down and feed it water. Let it alone for a while (for such a big hole, probably an hour or so), then come back and it should be all filled in.

Reactions: Sgt Doom
A

Auxina

Was steam boiler or steam turbine remove from the current version of Railcraft (9.8.8.0) because i don't have any of those items

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Someone asked about weird noises before on Unstable, I am getting them as well.

The growling noise is not Thaumcraft related as I have done no Thaumcraft yet.

There are sounds when crafting and jumping now too. Is this something to do with that minecraft sounds mod?

If so, is there a way to turn off certain sounds?

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger

19chickens

Does anyone know if the map Direwolf20 and NearbyGamer used on their FTB vs playthrough was ever publicly released?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
How to add extra durability to tinkers tools in 1.8.9?
Obsidian plate + ender pearl doesn't work :/

Things are still changing, but as I recall there is an "upgrade" kit you make... The pattern looks like a brick, with multiple recipes for different upgrades.

Also, this version adds the "Iguana tweaks" ability to simply swap in better parts, assuming the tool is fully repaired.

On the FC1 testing server, I saw on DW20's video that apparently the main characteristics of head and binding parts are now somehow additive, at least in that current test version.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Does anyone know if the map Direwolf20 and NearbyGamer used on their FTB vs playthrough was ever publicly released?

What pack? Direwolf20 1.7 hasn't changed much, The Server FC1 series DW20 is playing on is for alpha testing new 1.8.9 and closed, and the Infinity Evolved: Expert Skyblock pack DW and Soaryn are playing is also closed Alpha testing (don't know if it is 1.7 or 1.8.9)

If you're talking about the chunk protection/loading feature, then that is included in the FtB Tweaks or FtB Utilites mods. These have both been added to Infinity Evolved and DW20, so I assume they're in all the official FtB 1.7.10 packs.

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
What pack? Direwolf20 1.7 hasn't changed much, The Server FC1 series DW20 is playing on is for alpha testing new 1.8.9 and closed, and the Infinity Evolved: Expert Skyblock pack DW and Soaryn are playing is also closed Alpha testing (don't know if it is 1.7 or 1.8.9)

If you're talking about the chunk protection/loading feature, then that is included in the FtB Tweaks or FtB Utilites mods. These have both been added to Infinity Evolved and DW20, so I assume they're in all the official FtB 1.7.10 packs.
One of the very old FTB packs that contained IC2, BC, EE2, RedPower 2 and maybe some addons.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
How to add extra durability to tinkers tools in 1.8.9?
Obsidian plate + ender pearl doesn't work :/
Obsidian + ender pearl was for beheading.
Obsidian Plate was for reinforced.
Diamond is a +1k durability on the tool. (And grants the tool The same mining level as diamonds have.)
Emerald is a +50% durability on the tool. (And I believe grants Iron mining level)

On the former two I don't know if they work in 1.8.9 tinkers.