Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
So I'm currently trying to use my turning station to craft the drill for a Diamond drill, but It won't seem to work, even though I've the correct parts in the correct places. I have an Electric kinetic generator next to it with two motors in and a power supply, however I still can't seem to craft my item in the turning table. Can someone find out what I'm doing wrong?

Do you have an iron lething tool in the turning station?

Reactions: Pyure

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so luck 3 only takes one modifier instead of 3?
Yes it seems like a visual bug, but 150 is about fortune/looting I, 300 is for/loot II, and 450 is for/loot III. And it will scale in between so 375 is like For/Loot II 1/2. And it all goes under the same modifier slot.

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I remember in magic world 2 I could process lapis ore for 36 lapis each, anyone know how I could've done this?

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I just dropped by to confirm that the reddit link I dropped earlier is effective. You can level up lapis modifier. I tried on Resonant Rise 3, with Iguana Tinker Tweaks installed. Don't think you need the Tweaks installed, but I thought it was relevant.

LuckyToShoot

Jul 29, 2019
I got 2 questions about blood magic:
1. Does planar binding potion allow a player to bypass aura of explusion in blood magic?
2. Is there any blocks that a teleposer cannot move? (Aside from bed rocks of course)

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
1. Does planar binding potion allow a player to bypass aura of explusion in blood magic?
2. Is there any blocks that a teleposer cannot move? (Aside from bed rocks of course)
No idea on the first question, but regarding the second, I believe everything goes. The wiki mentions it not working with spawners, but I believe that has changed or is configurable. On Simply Magic I successfully used them to move spawners.

Word of caution on using teleposition on Thaumcraft nodes. Last I tried switching nodes there were bugs. Either deleting both or copying one and deleting the other. Attempt first on a test world and use at your own risk. Note that just moving a node to an empty space (even within a Silverwood trunk) poses no problems.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Everything is set to true.

I still need help on this issue if anyone can help me
The Railcraft Steam Boiler to take an example is made of a square of either Liquid or Solid Fueled Fireboxes (1x1, 2x2 or 3x3) and a cuboid of High or Low Pressure Boiler tanks (Which are simply two iron or steel plates one above the other). All the multiblock blocks in railcraft have a hover-over that shows how it should be set up. Valves, Walls and Gauges make up the parts for the Railcraft Tanks.

I can't answer the first here, but I know there are some blocks that the teleposer won't move, or can cause issues if moved. The main things that comes to mind are chromaticraft Pylons and attempting to move energised nodes. The former crashes the game in an attempt to prevent world corruption, the latter just results in alot of flux.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I can't answer the first here, but I know there are some blocks that the teleposer won't move, or can cause issues if moved. The main things that comes to mind are chromaticraft Pylons and attempting to move energised nodes. The former crashes the game in an attempt to prevent world corruption, the latter just results in alot of flux.

What if you warp the node and the machines using the 3x3x3 focus? It takes everything that keeps the node stable so, in theory, it should work... I guess some sciencing is in order.

V

Viperion

Is there any way to make Ghast Tears that isn't the Blood Magic alchemical whatchamacallit? Having just spent way too long in the nether waiting for Ghasts to spawn (which happens less on account of all the other new mobs) and then only having one of the selfish so-and-so's actually drop a tear, I'm tearing (<-- geddit!) my hair out

What pack are you playing? Typically most packs have some type of capture and spawn mechanic. For example if MFR is in the pack then you have the auto-spawner and grinder that uses safari nets that contains the creature you want to farm. If the pack is Infinity there is MFR, Ender IO & Draconic Evolution that can all provide spawners.

I'm playing in MageQuest, so no MFR (or machines of any kind). I thought maybe Botania or Thaumcraft may have had something; Botania converts a Ghast Tear into two Ender Pearls, but not vice-versa :(
Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
the common way is to create some sort of mob spawner. There's plenty of options (EnderIO, MFR and Draconic Evolution have them for instance off the top of my head)

Then you just need to "capture" one instance of a given mob (ghast) and spawn/kill it in the place of your choosing.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Thaumic tinker's mob spawning system might be able to help, but I don't know exactly which aspects you'll want for it.

EDIT: After a quick search You'll need Ignis and two Volatus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viperion
V

Viperion

Thaumic tinker's mob spawning system might be able to help, but I don't know exactly which aspects you'll want for it.

EDIT: After a quick search You'll need Ignis and two Volatus.
Baller! Thank you! (I haven't got much into Thaumic Tinkerer yet, but I sure will now!)

Have a cookie:
Cookie.png

V

Viperion

If you have access to the configs (not on a server) you can config Ghasts to shed tears in the Botania config. Then all that's left is boxing one in and waiting.
Huh cool I might do that too. Thanks!

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
It got Automagy? That has a spawning system for nether mobs, pretty sure ghasts are an option. It'll be faster than shedding or the necromancy tablet, the latter is one mob per minute and the former makes that look fast.

V

Viperion

It got Automagy? That has a spawning system for nether mobs, pretty sure ghasts are an option. It'll be faster than shedding or the necromancy tablet, the latter is one mob per minute and the former makes that look fast.
It has got Automagy but I know literally nothing about it. Will investigate, thanks!

R

Riader

Hey guys, been away from Minecraft for a while.

Was just wondering, in the FTB Infinity pack or Direwolf pack, is there a mod/machine that has similar functionality to the Compact Machines mod?