Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
That's what I meant >_<
Reinforced is what I want :p

I want a tool with infinite durability, or close to it
I've heard that Reinforced 10 will do that. I don't know offhand if there's actually any way to create a tool with that much Reinforced in vanilla TiCo without relying on the creative tool modifiers, but Iguana Tweaks can certainly give you plenty of modifiers.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've heard that Reinforced 10 will do that. I don't know offhand if there's actually any way to create a tool with that much Reinforced in vanilla TiCo without relying on the creative tool modifiers, but Iguana Tweaks can certainly give you plenty of modifiers.
Pickaxe for example:
One Obsdian part for Reinforced III, other two parts paper or Thaumium for more modifiers.
With Diamond+Gold Block, Diamond block+Golden Apple you have enough for Reinforced X. A Nether Star and you have enough for something like Lapis.

Tools consisting of more parts and you will ofc need less modifier upgrades or have more free for other things.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I meant >_<
Reinforced is what I want :p

I want a tool with infinite durability, or close to it
It works in 1.7.10, I've heard they might have removed the Reinforced modifier in 1.8.9, to let users experiment with other materials for tool parts.
Though I know wooden tools slowly repair themselves, at a cost of hurting you every once in a while.

V

Viperion

Is there any way to make Ghast Tears that isn't the Blood Magic alchemical whatchamacallit? Having just spent way too long in the nether waiting for Ghasts to spawn (which happens less on account of all the other new mobs) and then only having one of the selfish so-and-so's actually drop a tear, I'm tearing (<-- geddit!) my hair out

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
It works in 1.7.10, I've heard they might have removed the Reinforced modifier in 1.8.9, to let users experiment with other materials for tool parts.
Though I know wooden tools slowly repair themselves, at a cost of hurting you every once in a while.
There's still something like Reinforced that obsidian parts have called "Duritos"

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Duritos, is about the same as Unbreaking III, but it's mechanics are different to that of Unbreaking. 50% chance to do nothing, 10% chance to use 2x durability, 40% chance to use no durability. This works out about the same as Unbreaking III, but if you are unlucky it could break the tool faster.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Is there any way to make Ghast Tears that isn't the Blood Magic alchemical whatchamacallit? Having just spent way too long in the nether waiting for Ghasts to spawn (which happens less on account of all the other new mobs) and then only having one of the selfish so-and-so's actually drop a tear, I'm tearing (<-- geddit!) my hair out

What pack are you playing? Typically most packs have some type of capture and spawn mechanic. For example if MFR is in the pack then you have the auto-spawner and grinder that uses safari nets that contains the creature you want to farm. If the pack is Infinity there is MFR, Ender IO & Draconic Evolution that can all provide spawners.

V

Viperion

What pack are you playing? Typically most packs have some type of capture and spawn mechanic. For example if MFR is in the pack then you have the auto-spawner and grinder that uses safari nets that contains the creature you want to farm. If the pack is Infinity there is MFR, Ender IO & Draconic Evolution that can all provide spawners.
I'm playing in MageQuest, so no MFR (or machines of any kind). I thought maybe Botania or Thaumcraft may have had something; Botania converts a Ghast Tear into two Ender Pearls, but not vice-versa :(

A

Auxina

Anyone know why when i add the Railcraft mod, i don't have steam boiler, steam turbine etc included?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Anyone know why when i add the Railcraft mod, i don't have steam boiler, steam turbine etc included?
They might also be disabled in the config. Railcraft has a system where you can disable chunks of the mod entirely, so the blocks and items in those chunks won't even be registered, much less show up in NEI.

A

Auxina

They might also be disabled in the config. Railcraft has a system where you can disable chunks of the mod entirely, so the blocks and items in those chunks won't even be registered, much less show up in NEI.
They are not disabled, i checked multiple times

E

Eddard_Stark

So I'm currently trying to use my turning station to craft the drill for a Diamond drill, but It won't seem to work, even though I've the correct parts in the correct places. I have an Electric kinetic generator next to it with two motors in and a power supply, however I still can't seem to craft my item in the turning table. Can someone find out what I'm doing wrong?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So I'm currently trying to use my turning station to craft the drill for a Diamond drill, but It won't seem to work, even though I've the correct parts in the correct places. I have an Electric kinetic generator next to it with two motors in and a power supply, however I still can't seem to craft my item in the turning table. Can someone find out what I'm doing wrong?

I actually set up one of these yesterday. I almost forgot the motor(s) for a while, which would have been my first guess.
My next guess is: Did you rotate the dots on the Electric Kinetic Generator and Turning Table so they face each other? You'll need to shift-click the back of one of them unless you're a ninja at placing blocks.

Reactions: RealKC