Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think you could even upgrade the TiC tools w/o Iguana tweaks. I'm assuming you mean with XP and not just modifiers.

That said, Kryllyk's latest skyblock video shows the tools acting like iguana tweaks tools apparently w/o iguana tweaks (with levels and such).
Episode 9? Just so I don't have to go through that many...

Edit: my brain derped a bit. Infinity Skyblock is 1.7.10, right? I was asking about TiC for 1.8.9.

Last edited:

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I suppose these are just the changes/additions for the skyblock version. The mentioned Ex Nihilo, as well, so I guess this is just TiC with Iguana Tweaks, rather than the new version for MC 1.8.9.

Hope they actually make the change. T'would be awesome!

Reactions: Pyure

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Episode 9? Just so I don't have to go through that many...

Edit: my brain derped a bit. Infinity Skyblock is 1.7.10, right? I was asking about TiC for 1.8.9.

Check out Direwolf20's Server Play Season 8 on Forgecraft 1... It's alpha-testing 1.8.9 packs and TiCo is there.

In addition to replaceable parts, there are changed recipes and tool assembly tables as well. Keep in mind things are constantly changing with some of the mods there as the mod devs get bug reports and suggestions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashendale

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Check out Direwolf20's Server Play Season 8 on Forgecraft 1... It's alpha-testing 1.8.9 packs and TiCo is there.

In addition to replaceable parts, there are changed recipes and tool assembly tables as well. Keep in mind things are constantly changing with some of the packs there as the mod devs get bug reports and suggestions.
Thanks and I will. But it hypes me so damn much.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks and I will. But it hypes me so damn much.

There are a lot of changes to absorb...

1) If you lay out all the assembly tables and special chests (there's now a 'spare parts' chest) in a row, including a Tinker's crafting table, you can access one and the UI lets you get to all the others

2) No "slab" versions of the tables any more :(

3) No ranged weapons yet... the mattock will not dig or chop anymore and may have been removed

4) Individual parts stats have changed and combine in different ways... Bindings now count as Heads in terms of special traits, and can be additive

I'm excited to see what TiCo becomes. Unfortunately I cannot play with it right now... My desktop monitor died earlier this week and the laptop doesn't do Minecraft well :(

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question, and also a comment...

Q: Does anyone know when a pack containing Gregtech 6 will be released somewhere (any site, any modpack) so I can test it out and see how far it has progressed?

Now my comment... I went to the Gregtech 6 sub-forum over at the IC2 forums, and some things just never change. You can go there and read, but the latest posts are discussing how there has been yet another "war" in mod-land between Gregorious, King Lemming, mDiyo, Reika, and on and on and on... LOL what a soap opera, such senseless human drama... sigh just release the friggin thing already!!!!! I swear, I love and appreciate what these folks have done for us, and for our enjoyment, but they seem to enjoy fighting and arguing more than programming. LOL

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to use the Power Monitor from EnderIO to power off MFR machines? I mean, when it's bellow the threshold it outputs the signal which shuts off my Harvester. I'd like for it to, for example, always output a signal as long as it's above the threshold, instead. Or is there a way to do this? I'm not getting there and I've been looking and tampering with the system for a good hour now...

Edit: the purpose is to turn off the Harvester once I have enough energy/charcoal in the system.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a way to use the Power Monitor from EnderIO to power off MFR machines? I mean, when it's bellow the threshold it outputs the signal which shuts off my Harvester. I'd like for it to, for example, always output a signal as long as it's above the threshold, instead. Or is there a way to do this? I'm not getting there and I've been looking and tampering with the system for a good hour now...

Edit: the purpose is to turn off the Harvester once I have enough energy/charcoal in the system.
Regulating power on turning on/off the harvesters producing wood for charcoal is going to be too far removed to work well.
What you want to do is:
Regulate the Harvester based on wood stored. This can be done as simple as a Comparitor on an inventory reading fill status, a BC gate on inventory detecting "Inventory Full", ME Level Emitter set to Emit when over limit etc.

Same can then be done with your furnace/whatever producing charcoal. Detect the amount of charcoal and use it to toggle the production of charcoal on and off.

Depending on your power source you can also regulate it. I love using a large Capacitor Bank with multiple Power Monitors to toggle on more and more power solutions as they become needed(set the power monitors in sequential falling energy ranges to toggle them in sequence).

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Regulating power on turning on/off the harvesters producing wood for charcoal is going to be too far removed to work well.
What you want to do is:
Regulate the Harvester based on wood stored. This can be done as simple as a Comparitor on an inventory reading fill status, a BC gate on inventory detecting "Inventory Full", ME Level Emitter set to Emit when over limit etc.

Same can then be done with your furnace/whatever producing charcoal. Detect the amount of charcoal and use it to toggle the production of charcoal on and off.

Depending on your power source you can also regulate it. I love using a large Capacitor Bank with multiple Power Monitors to toggle on more and more power solutions as they become needed(set the power monitors in sequential falling energy ranges to toggle them in sequence).
I'm a stubborn asshole so I eventually made it so only to work with Ender IO. Here's how. You get the redstone signal come out of the Power Monitor and run an insulated conduit up until the Harvester. Now here's the tricky part. As I've mentioned, if the pwoer is bellow, signal is emited and that stops my MFR machine. What I wanted was the other way around.

The trick is to NOT connect the conduit to the MFR machine. Run it until there, but configure it to disabled. Set it to output redstone signal, anyway. Now configure your power input (in the same block) to only be active with signal. Done.

Once the power is below a certain level, signal is emited stopping the MFR machine from taking power, effectively shutting it down through starvation.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm a stubborn asshole so I eventually made it so only to work with Ender IO. Here's how. You get the redstone signal come out of the Power Monitor and run an insulated conduit up until the Harvester. Now here's the tricky part. As I've mentioned, if the pwoer is bellow, signal is emited and that stops my MFR machine. What I wanted was the other way around.

The trick is to NOT connect the conduit to the MFR machine. Run it until there, but configure it to disabled. Set it to output redstone signal, anyway. Now configure your power input (in the same block) to only be active with signal. Done.

Once the power is below a certain level, signal is emited stopping the MFR machine from taking power, effectively shutting it down through starvation.
Wait... so all you were looking for was a way to invert a redstone signal lol? Next time you can just use a NOT Gate.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Wait... so all you were looking for was a way to invert a redstone signal lol? Next time you can just use a NOT Gate.
Yeah, I found that alternative. But I was trying to see if I could automate just with EnderIO. It seemed a bit silly that, given the only possible response of the Power Monitor, all other mods must respond with "on" with the presence of redstone signal...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
When "upgrading" a vanilla spawner to work despite lack of players present by placing Cursed Earth under the spawner, does the Cursed Earth have to be directly under it touching the spawner? Or can it be one or two blocks below?

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
When "upgrading" a vanilla spawner to work despite lack of players present by placing Cursed Earth under the spawner, does the Cursed Earth have to be directly under it touching the spawner? Or can it be one or two blocks below?
Spawners will spawn on the y level of the top and bottom of the spawner. So you can have then sitting on the ground, or embedded and flush with the ground level that you want spawning to happen.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Spawners will spawn on the y level of the top and bottom of the spawner. So you can have then sitting on the ground, or embedded and flush with the ground level that you want spawning to happen.
That is both not what I asked about AND really bad advice...

The spawner will indeed try and spawn (4 I think) mobs in a Y-level of -1 to +1 of the spawner. But if you place the spawner on the ground, the entire -1 layer is blocked and you will loose all eventual spawns on that layer, which is equal to a 1/3 of the output of the spawner. If you place it flush with the ground then the entire -1 and 0 layer is blocked off and you loose 2/3 of the spawners output to failed spawns!

So to actually use your vanilla spawners to the fullest, they need to be placed one block above the floor...

And this actually leads back to what I actually asked about: Do I need to have a cursed earth sticking up out of the floor for the spawner to "rest" on? Or does it still work with a gap between it and the spawner?

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I've always had the Spawner sit directly on a single block of Cursed Earth. I've not tested it hovering over one.

Is your plan to have a regular floor with one block of Cursed Earth, or a full floor of Cursed Earth? I feel like it might make a difference, but without more data...

Reactions: jdog1408