Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Below is a link for blood magic, it will get you thru the mod but you have it down kind of. Early game I usually put cursed earth above the altar and use mobs to feed blood into the altar rather than my own, they spawn a lot faster than you can regen and they produce 50 more LP per mob. I forget the tier needed believe its 3 but put a well of suffering ritual under or below the altar, I usually put it under so I can hide it but the master ritual stone just needs to be within 10x20x10 area of the altar. I usually box in an area between the ritual and the altar( you can put blocks in between the ritual stones) and use witches to power my network, it costs a lot of Iron but if you use Jailers safari nets and place the witches in this box they wont respawn, they will regen themselves faster than the ritual can kill them so its an automated system, just add more as needed depending how fast you need to produce LP. I usually make 2 of these setups, one for crafting one for keeping my LP network topped off, it all depends what you need blood magic for. If you need help let me know

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-blood-magic.39927/

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the great Blood Magic advice. I admit that I knew I could rig up a Cursed Earth spawner and shuttle the mobs over to the Altar location, but I was just too lazy to do all that work. Or at the very least, I wanted to confirm that it was the best way before proceeding with all that work... it's a space issue with my base - i.e. not enough room. I spent 500 hours on the non-magic mods and did not leave nearly enough space to incorporate all the Altars and stuff once I got to the point where I was required to begin doing magic. My own fault, basically - so I guess I just gotta dig in, move stuff around, and make the room so I can quit dickin' around and get serious about my magic.

Azzanine, you get special credit for making me laugh out loud at your first sentence. Well said indeed. :D

S

Sikkeplz

Hi all,

Trying to breed a white mushroom with agricraft. Trying to get the shroom spores with netherwart. Crossbreeding netherwart with poppy atm. Netherwart wont grow in light, puppy won't grow in the dark. Thus i'm getting no crossbreed.. Really want the white shroom!

Any tips?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Hi all,

Trying to breed a white mushroom with agricraft. Trying to get the shroom spores with netherwart. Crossbreeding netherwart with poppy atm. Netherwart wont grow in light, puppy won't grow in the dark. Thus i'm getting no crossbreed.. Really want the white shroom!

Any tips?

Use a larger dark area. Use half slabs to keep mobs from spawning. Then use torches 4 to 5 blocks away from the poppy to control the light levels. You are aiming to get the poppy at an 8 (if I remember correctly) and the wart like 7 or lower. When I did this I had them diagonal to each other and had two spots that I could get the mutation on. It can be a pain. But the trick is the light levels. Use F3 if the HUD doesn't have something for light levels.

Serendipiteit

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I've been playing a fun game at a server involving bees and all that stuffs before realizing that I've forgotten to add Magic Bees in the first place. I'm looking into adding it in, but it seems like retrogen option of magic bees hives have been disappeared. Does magic bees no longer support retrogen? or is that now handled by Forestry? In that case, would enabling this do the job of generating magic bees hives in already explored chunks? I don't mind getting original forestry hives as well, just don't want to reset server for just magic bees hives.

# Set to true, Forestry will attempt worldGen in chunks that were created before the mod was added.
world.retrogen.normal=false

Thanks!

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I finally caved in and turned my Aura Node I've been slowly feeding into a Charged Node. All went well, and it's working quite efficiently (most aspects were over 100, the ones that were not were at 65+ before conversion) but I have a question.

Is there a way to see exactly how much CV it's producing? Just would like to know :)

Reactions: Pyure

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
So I finally caved in and turned my Aura Node I've been slowly feeding into a Charged Node. All went well, and it's working quite efficiently (most aspects were over 100, the ones that were not were at 65+ before conversion) but I have a question.

Is there a way to see exactly how much CV it's producing? Just would like to know :)
look at it with googles of revealing on or something that has that abilty(normaly made from the googles) was sufficent alone i thought

S

Sikkeplz

Use a larger dark area. Use half slabs to keep mobs from spawning. Then use torches 4 to 5 blocks away from the poppy to control the light levels. You are aiming to get the poppy at an 8 (if I remember correctly) and the wart like 7 or lower. When I did this I had them diagonal to each other and had two spots that I could get the mutation on. It can be a pain. But the trick is the light levels. Use F3 if the HUD doesn't have something for light levels.

Hi there, torches were abit of a hassle. Fixed it like this!

http://imgur.com/unr8PEh

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Botania Question.
I want to autofarm my magical crops in Regrowth. So my plan is to use a drum of the wild + hopperhock for the harvest and sorting it into drawers.
So far no problem.
Now, I never used drum of the wild and I´m not at home now so I cant test.

As far as I know, it needs a mana pulse to harvest once and for every time more it harvests a other one. So the go to option is a burst mana spreader.
Wich can be activated with a hovering hourglass.
Now I need a mana pool feeding the the spreader and thats where my problem starts. How can I maintain my manapool with mana without building a Endoflame farm near it or something.
My farm is a big tower with not much space left to setup extra Mana farms so I would like to have it solved a other way.
Does I need mana for the Drum or can I just activate it via redstone? The Horn of the wild does not request mana, so why does the drum does.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The tooltip for each Orb says "Stores raw Life Essence". The tooltip for the Altar (via right clicking it with the Divination Sigil in-hand) says "Altar's Current Essence: 17800 LP" and also "Capacity: 26000 LP".
It "stores" raw life essence in the same way that a gather golem "stores" things in a chest.

Mindfeak926

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Botania Question.
I want to autofarm my magical crops in Regrowth. So my plan is to use a drum of the wild + hopperhock for the harvest and sorting it into drawers.
So far no problem.
Now, I never used drum of the wild and I´m not at home now so I cant test.

As far as I know, it needs a mana pulse to harvest once and for every time more it harvests a other one. So the go to option is a burst mana spreader.
Wich can be activated with a hovering hourglass.
Now I need a mana pool feeding the the spreader and thats where my problem starts. How can I maintain my manapool with mana without building a Endoflame farm near it or something.
My farm is a big tower with not much space left to setup extra Mana farms so I would like to have it solved a other way.
Does I need mana for the Drum or can I just activate it via redstone? The Horn of the wild does not request mana, so why does the drum does.

the drum only requires a redstone pulse to activate.... at least it did when I last used it... unless that has changed in a recent update.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
the drum only requires a redstone pulse to activate.... at least it did when I last used it... unless that has changed in a recent update.
Great! that makes it so much easyer :)

Now the next question would be, how can I see the range of the botania flowers? I saw a video once were there were a coloured area around them similar to the MFR machines when you hold the wrench in your hand for upgrades.

Last edited:

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Great! that makes it so much easyer :)

Now the next question would be, how can I see the range of the botania flowers? I saw a video once were there were a coloured area around them similar to the MFR machines when you hold the wrench in your hand for upgrades.
The best way to use a botania drum is to hit it with a mana pulse from a Redstone/Pulse Mana spreader, which is activated on a redstone pulse. They've never responded to redstone directly.

The coloured area is a feature of the Manaseer monocle.

Babyblasphemy

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: Infinity Evolved with Expert recipes
Question: Has anyone managed automatically place cheesecake in the world?

I'd like to use it as an alternative to vanilla cake, since it works with the kekimurus and doesn't require eggs to craft it (I use tofu instead).
I don't like relying on eggs since it's a mob drop and the only way to speed it up would be to have more chickens = more server lag.
Also, leporine bees are out of the question since this is on Infinity Evolved with Expert recipes, meaning I'd have to get the infinity bee before starting gendustry.

The main problem with cheesecake is that it seems to be bugged, in that many placers don't want to place it (openblocks, ae2 formation plane, etc)
https://github.com/MatrexsVigil/harvestcraft/issues/30

Placers that right click to place instead (autonomous activators, possibly steve's factory manager) will place it, but there is a problem with that too.
Right clicking on the place where the cake is already placed will replace a partially eaten cake with a new one. The placers keep wasting a bunch of cake. I've tried detecting metadata, only placing when cake isn't present, but I haven't found a solution that works.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post it, or if it's too long/not simple enough for this thread.
Edit: Found a solution, buildcraft filler + a basic gate to make it start work again to the rescue!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dentvar

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
The best way to use a botania drum is to hit it with a mana pulse from a Redstone/Pulse Mana spreader, which is activated on a redstone pulse. They've never responded to redstone directly.

The coloured area is a feature of the Manaseer monocle.
*write down on to do list Manaseer monocle*

So if it needs a pulse of mana, I do need a mana pool near that is refield with the mana right? Does the Drum acctually use Mana or can I use forcerelays to loop it back to the pool maybe?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
If you really wanna be efficient you can use a phantom warp lens to send the pulse back to a mana poolfeeding the spreader. This will use some mana passing through the drum though, and will also trigger the drum twice. The drum will usually block mana bursts.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
*write down on to do list Manaseer monocle*

So if it needs a pulse of mana, I do need a mana pool near that is refield with the mana right? Does the Drum acctually use Mana or can I use forcerelays to loop it back to the pool maybe?
Do note that firing off a redstone mana spreader every once in a while does not use much mana- if you just use a Mana Tablet to partially fill a mana pool next to your spreader, it'll last for a very long time. In addition, you should be able to use a lens to reduce the amount of mana carried in the burst (Velocity does that, if I remember correctly), which will make your tablet's worth of mana last that much longer.

Also, have you tested the Drum of the Wild on your crops yet? In some versions, it would entirely uproot Agricraft crops; no idea if that's been fixed in the version you're using.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Also, have you tested the Drum of the Wild on your crops yet? In some versions, it would entirely uproot Agricraft crops; no idea if that's been fixed in the version you're using.

This is important. Early versions had the drum breaking all crop sticks. Then, they didn't affect anything about the crops. At one point, it would break double crops, but not harvest anything in singles.

The most reliable way to harvest in Regrowth during my play-through was Golems. I used Harvest Golems and Hopperhocks in most of my fields, with a certain few exceptions using Gather Golems.

We had tried BC Robots, but they kept freaking out or getting lost. One update to BC broke them completely in regards to crops. In the end, it wasn't worth the hassle, so we reverted back to Golems.

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Did not tried the drum, but I did try the horn. And it works good. SO I assume the same code is used for the drum.
Will tell you tomorow.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Did not tried the drum, but I did try the horn. And it works good. SO I assume the same code is used for the drum.
Will tell you tomorow.
The horn breaks all plant entities as if you punched them. Not recommended for agricraft plants

Sent from my igloo using Canadian Goose Mesenger