1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by HeffronCM, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Dentvar

Dentvar New Member

Well I did set this up now. Works fine for the moment. Had to replace pipes on the controller since it did just produced infinite glass not the 3 stacks I did said him. But now it works fine.
    Only problem I have with that is that it is not expendable for other stuff. Max is the number of suppliermodules I can put into the MK5 Pipe that is conected with the Controller.
    If you conect others to a slave to expend it. It pulls items out of the drawers to insert it again :(
    But I think it should be ok. I wont have that many stuff that I need to automize this way.

Now I´m one step further and I´m autocrafting Gears with Smeltery and chipsets with Assembly tables.
    I did hock up a mk5 Chasis to a assambly table and each crafting module in there has one chipset(redstone chipset is done in a other table)
    So I can request it and it crafts it. Also assembly table outputs into the Chasis, but it will not be placed into the request table. Instead it goes into the default route chest.
    This makes it still wait for the chipset since the request is not fullfit.
    What am I doing wrong.

2. Someone Else 37

Someone Else 37 Forum Addict

I think, in order for Logistics Pipes crafting to work, the product has to be actively pulled out of some inventory by the crafting pipe. If the assembly table pushes its products into the crafting pipe (or any other pipe), it won't be registered, so you'll have to put the products into a chest with the crafting pipe attached.

Dentvar likes this.
  3. Xavion

Xavion New Member

No, primal mana's only transmutations are lead -> gold and silver -> mithril.
    Aren't railgun rounds produced in ludicrous numbers with only vanilla resources? Why would you need the reactorcraft recipe? Just channel tons of wood and stone in and you should get thousands as is.
    Yeah as mentioned, the crating pipe/modules have to pull the item out themselves for it to count, the solution I used was a series of chests adjacent to the tables and having those pulled from into another chest which I connected the chassis to. That works because the BC outputing for assembly tables is a random adjacent inventory first, a random thing that can be inserted into second, and just spewing it into the air third.

4. rouge_bare

rouge_bare Well-Known Member

For assembly tables - i use a sattlite pipe and crafting module on a chassis on the adjacent chest. Really simple XD

5. Cptqrk

Cptqrk Popular Member

I'm trying to find a simple solution to my Vis Crystal storage issue.

I've got crystalizers set up (I'm still manually placing jars below them) and a Botania Hopperhock to collect the crystals made. Putting them into a diamond chest is fine, but the crystals seem to have an issue with auto-sorting. I middle click to sort the chest and it just seems to scramble them, and make multiple stacks of less than 64.

I've tried a Filing Cabinet, and that "sort of" works, it keeps the crystals in groups, but it can't keep more than one max stack of an item (so if I have the max Ordo Crystal it can hold, any extra Ordo Crystal won't get picked up).

Any suggestions?

6. rouge_bare

Personally i think this is where an me chest shines. Also the crystaliser does auto output to inventories adjacent to it's "top". Otherwise, a bank of storage drawers (piping into a controller) or barrels (with an item sporting system) should also do the trick.

7. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter New Member

Getting that level of torque would likely be effectively impossible, even with multiple fusion reactors running in tandem, since the minimum amount of torque allowed is 1 Nm. A single, simple fission reactor could easily keep the dimension open, since it can fuel at least one high-pressure turbine which, itself, outputs the equivalent of around 16 million RF/t. The best bet would likely be the railgun, since I believe its damage can be scaled up with heavier rounds. However, the downside is that the railgun is incredibly destructive. In fact, most of the RoC turrets are. The laser is an 8 megawatt laser; for reference, a typical steel-cutting laser runs the order of 3 kilowatts at maximum output, meaning the RoC laser turret is over 1,000 times more powerful and, logically, 1,000 times more destructive. I've seen pictures Reika took of the devastation a railgun can cause, and it is immense. The containment field should prevent them from destroying the outlying terrain, but one should be careful to avoid the railgun accidentally destroying itself. In this case, the laser would probably be the best bet, assuming the dragon can't destroy it or its power source.

[ETA]

To further impress upon you the destructive power of the laser: if it were to hit you full-on and envelop your body, you wouldn't just be atomized. That kind of energy would likely rip you apart at the subatomic level and even your constituent atoms would cease to exist. Eight megawatts don't mess around.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  8. Crazya994

Crazya994 New Member

Hey I haven't really played in awhile so I decided to make a infinity eveolved server cause I missed it.
    anyways is there any way to make /back command work all the time instead of on death so it would stop giving me this: "you can only go back once!"
    2016-01-23_17.37.02.png

9. Dentvar

Dentvar New Member

Need Pink slime... But animals take ages for breeding and I dont want to set-up a hole MFR farm just for that...
    @Xavion told me there is a block in FTB Expert mode thats called "Pure Love" that helps... But cant find it in NEI.
    Any other methods?

10. Xavion

Xavion New Member

There is, however Expert renamed it to Pure Mana, just craft 9 primal mana dust together or something similar. It will totally deal with your issue though, pink slime is horrible and the pure love can get it done within minutes, even more if you could setup a system to automatically partition the mobs, we just moved them back and forth in our world.

Dentvar likes this.
  11. Dentvar

Dentvar New Member

Ah ok, I should have read your other post better :)
    Also In the meantime I found out, it works also on hostile mobs. So you can setup a slauterhouse next to a cursed earth farm and works perfectly!

12. Xavion

Xavion New Member

Wait, the slaughterhouse can produce pink slime from hostile mobs? Huh, never knew that.

13. Dentvar

Dentvar New Member

Yep, me nether.... Thats what happens if you look how others do stuff and do not read the description :p
    Just confirmed. Took me less then 3 minutes for 1 bucket of pink slime with a 3x3 cursed earth farm.

14. Oculus Rex

Oculus Rex Guest

What's the best way to get water into a big reactor? Got an 11 cubed reactor being cooled by Cryotheum, however I'm going to be putting at least one Ludicrite turbine on there. Now I'll be abutting the fluid ports directly so getting the steam into the turbine won't be an issue. I'm just doubting that a couple of fluid ports and a reservoir will cut the mustard for getting water into the reactor.

15. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

The best way? Make a closed loop between the reactor and the turbine.

When the turbine "consumes" steam, it transforms it back into water which you can output with a fluid port back into the reactor.

This works best (or most simply) when the reactor is placed directly against the turbine and the ports connect.

16. PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs Forum Addict Trusted User

Possibly using tesseracts, if you don't want them side by side.

17. Oculus Rex

Oculus Rex Guest

it will have to be Tesseracts. Turns out the reactor doesn't put out RF when doing that so I've put the ports on my old, smaller reactor which is bloody miles away. No point using the big reactor, it produces more RF/t than the turbine will. Only want the turbine for extra power.

18. rouge_bare

Super-laminar Fluidducts are also an option as they have infinite throughput.

19. signupsucks

signupsucks New Member

Does the current Infinity Evolved, 2.3.5, (non-expert mode) have any way to convert between RF and EU?

20. Azzanine

Azzanine New Member

Immersive Engineering connectors can convert eu <> rf. However as there is no extreme voltage wire you are limited to a maximum transfer. Not sure what that number is. Whatever 512 converts to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk