1. Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by HeffronCM, Jan 29, 2013.

1. RavynousHunter

RavynousHunter New Member

Don't really do TC, but that might be an option, assuming it doesn't fly thru it. Another potential option is a RotaryCraft or RFTools force field...testing must be done. :)

2. Dkittrell

Dkittrell New Member

finding a way to contain would be good. Maybe make a void world to start, place a magnum torch then start building?

3. GrandRoyal

GrandRoyal Guest

How do I enable Vampirism on the FTB Departed Modpack? It is disabled by default and I can't figure out the code line I need to type out to enable it.

4. RavynousHunter

Oh shit, son! Reading the code, RotaryCraf'ts containment field can contain a dragon! It needs 2MW of power to do it, but you could contain them! Now, if there were a way to spawn them, then you'd be set...

5. RealKC

RealKC Popular Member

Can you catch them using a safari net/soul vial?(or however the item from enderio made out of quite clear/fused quartz(can't remember which one) + soularium)

6. Dentvar

Dentvar New Member

Need help with Logistic Pipes.
    I am using Drawers for storage. Now I want to create a glass generator that stops supplieng more when I reach lets say 3 stacks.
    How can I control this with logistics Pipes? I think the Supplier- Pipe is the one to go, but I cant make it work.
    Not sure if me, or supplier upgrade+ drawer controler not working

Edit: basicly its a AE Level Emitter but with LP

7. rouge_bare

rouge_bare Well-Known Member

Supplier pipe/module in chassis on the drawer controller. Set it to supply 3 stacks. It shouldn't self feed. (You prob don't want to put it on the drawer itself as it'd try to self-feed i think)

8. Dentvar

Dentvar New Member

And on the other end? A crafting pipe that do craft glass?

9. Someone Else 37

Someone Else 37 Forum Addict

Well, I know it's actually possible to contain dragons in Vanilla, using a bunch of pistons attached to fast clocks. The dragon tries to fly out of the cage, but gets pushed back into the middle of the cage by the pistons before it can destroy anything.

However, getting the dragon into one of those cages without it just destroying everything is quite difficult. I've never seen it done- all I have seen is a short clip in a Panda4994 Youtube video showing a living dragon trapped in such a cage. That clip, if I remember correctly, was in the video where he showed off his insanely fast enderdragon-based XP farm, which only requires containing a dying dragon, which is much easier.

That said, I think the way to do it in modded MC would be to try to ensnare the dragon using some kind of force fields. Blocks alone likely won't affect the dragon at all- even if it can't destroy warded stone, say, it would probably just phase through it. After all, the dragon can't destroy endstone or obsidian, yet that doesn't keep it from flying through them in the End.

You'd want to have one containment field to capture and, well, contain the dragons, as well as a smaller repulsive field to keep them from damaging any of the field generators. And then that leaves the problem of how to automatically kill them... RotaryCraft turrets or heat rays, maybe?

If there's no dimlets for Railcraft or Botania metal blocks, I doubt that there would be any for draconium blocks, either. There do seem to be dimlets for every single ore available, though, so I figure draconium ore would probably work, too.

Primal Mana definitely does have a dimlet, though. What does it do to draconium blocks?

They spawn naturally when there's less then four or five of them in the dimension, and they like to hang around the dimension spawn point. So you'd just need to set up an interdiction field inside a larger containment field (if you can actually set the ranges of those things; I haven't read the book recently enough to remember), hang out in the center, and let them come to you.

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to set all of that up well above or below ground level. Don't want those portals to destroy your machines, after all.

10. RavynousHunter

You can't set the range of the RoC containment field directly, but you essentially do so by providing it with a given amount of power.

11. Xavion

Xavion New Member

Only kind of though, as to contain a dragon you need at least 2MiW of power as mentioned previously, and that is a range of 242 blocks based off a quick calc, the 0.5MiW for the wither is 50 blocks as an aside. The max range by default is 128 blocks for reference, so with default configs the power to contain a dragon also forces it to max range giving you no control.

12. RealKC

RealKC Popular Member

@Someone Else 37 primal mana is purple, Draconiuk Blocks are purple. You would make a fancy purple age

13. Someone Else 37

Hm. So, rather than two concentric fields of different sizes, you'd need to place the interdiction field generator somewhere, and the containment field generator about 100 blocks away. Incendentally, that'd make it easier to set up your dragon-killers, since they'd all need to face in the same direction.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the maximum range of RoC's various turrets (railgun, etc.) on hand?

Ah, I see. I know that Primal Mana does a bunch of random stuff to things that come in contact with it (such as turning lead into silver, for instance); I didn't know if it did anything with draconium.

A dimension with purple land, purple water, and purple-eyed dragons...

14. RealKC

RealKC Popular Member

Add a purple sky, purple fog and purple sun and you've got a purple-ceptiom

15. Xavion

Xavion New Member

Railgun is 164 blocks, sonic weapon is configurable and defaults to 128 blocks, arrow gun is 10+2*log2(torque+1), laser gun is 256 blocks, freeze gun is 64 blocks, AA gun is 128 blocks, and air gun is 10+2*log2(torque+1) from a quick peek at the source.
    A quick look at the source indicates it turns dirt to grass, coarse dirt to podzol, glass to sand, lapis ore to lapis blocks, lead into gold, and silver into mithril, it also seems to turn double slabs into their alternate form? So double stone slabs into smooth double stone slabs? Not really sure what to think on that.

The most notable one is silver -> mithril, at least for infinity expert, so many people I've seen seem to treat the MFR laser drill thing as the main method of getting mana infused metal.

16. RealKC

RealKC Popular Member

Does this mean that it will turn lead into mithril by going this way: lead->silver->mithril?

17. Xavion

Xavion New Member

No, because as I said it turns lead into gold, not into silver.

18. RealKC

RealKC Popular Member

Is there anything that turns into silver?

19. Someone Else 37

I see. So if we're dealing with a 128-block-radius containment field, everything but the freeze gun could cover the entire volume if placed at the center. The arrow and air guns would need 2^59 ~= 10^18 Nm if my math is correct. I guess that's doable with a crapton of torque gears if they're OK running at speeds measured in nanoradians.

I sorta feel like the way to run this would be to use a fission reactor and use the waste products to make railgun rounds. Put that depleted uranium to good use.

Unless the power cost for the dimension itself is just too high for fission to keep up, in which case use fusion and something that doesn't require fuel. Laser gun sounds attractive, but since its range is double most everything else (and that of the field itself), you'd have four times as much area to cover if you want to collect any drops.

Hm. I guess I misremembered that and associated lead with silver because they are often found together in galena.
    (that's also why Factorization gives both metals from the same ore, and why Thermal Foundation silver veins also are frequently config'd to contain lead as well.)

20. rouge_bare

rouge_bare Well-Known Member

Yes, I did assume you had a crafting pipe or module to craft glass.