Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
When it comes to Agricraft, all the videos I see online have people using bonemeal on cross crops to speed up the cross breeding process. Was this feature removed? Doesn't seem to work on Infinity Evolved (non-expert mode)
It's a config option - it's possible the modpack you're playing turned it off.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Use a Tesseract with some EnderIO Energy Conduits and bury the Tesseract. Can you provide some pics please.

I haven't gotten to that stage of the modpack yet. We're on Expert mode, sorry should have said that. That's why I'm still using Leadstone stuff instead of Redstone Energy Cells or even Tesseracts. We're forced to slow our progression in this modpack, and I love it - but it's causing me problems because I can't go to my usual solutions (like you suggested, just plop a tesseract down and be done with it).

As I said, I have 81 spawn spaces in my 9x9 Cursed Earth setup, and losing 4 of them is no big deal. But there must be a way to both block the light coming from the Leadstone cell and still preserve the space for mob spawns, no? Forge Microblocks seem to be transparent and let the light through, and I can't find another solution short of what I've done - place a full opaque block to block the light. There's no need for a pic, it's simple, just an MFR Grinder and a Leadstone Energy Cell atop it. I have 4 of these surrounding my 9x9 spawn pad to cover the entire area. I just need a cover that can block the light from the Cell, that's all.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I haven't gotten to that stage of the modpack yet. We're on Expert mode, sorry should have said that. That's why I'm still using Leadstone stuff instead of Redstone Energy Cells or even Tesseracts. We're forced to slow our progression in this modpack, and I love it but it's causing me problems because I can't go to my usual solutions (like you suggested, just plot a tesseract down and be done with it).
Can you put it on the bottom?

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Look up "FtB Utilities" and "FtB Tweaks" in the news forum. They're consolidations (fixes?) of several mods that have caused lag problems for some in the past, and also add several multiplayer features that have been missing from FtB, such as claiming chunks, which can also be "grief-protected" by the Server Admin.

But does it also load chunks? Wouldn't that be an awesome feature? Any chunks you claim are also automatically loaded even when you're not logged on? Well, it's awesome from all the users' standpoint, but of course maybe it's not so awesome from the one person who is negatively affected, the server operator. LOL

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
But does it also load chunks? Wouldn't that be an awesome feature? Any chunks you claim are also automatically loaded even when you're not logged on? Well, it's awesome from all the users' standpoint, but of course maybe it's not so awesome from the one person who is negatively affected, the server operator. LOL
Not atm, but the mod dev is supposedly working on chunk loading, but he's trying to so it right (no bugs or memory leaks), so it will be a while.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Can you put it on the bottom?

No, the reason I put it on the top is because there are 3 connections required to the MFR Grinder - power, items out, and fluids out. I have to use the block atop the Grinder for one of these 3 connections. If I connect the Itemduct, there is open space I cannot fill in (Forge Microblocks don't seem to work with Thermal Itemducts or Fluiducts, and they're transparent to light anyway). Same with the Fluiduct, there will be open space letting light in. So that leaves power, and by using a Leadstone Energy Cell which is a full block, I won't have the problem of light getting in. However, I have the unexpected problem of the Energy Cell emitting light, which I cannot prevent from hitting most of my Cursed Earth, shutting it off, effectively.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
No, the reason I put it on the top is because there are 3 connections required to the MFR Grinder - power, items out, and fluids out. I have to use the block atop the Grinder for one of these 3 connections. If I connect the Itemduct, there is open space I cannot fill in (Forge Microblocks don't seem to work with Thermal Itemducts or Fluiducts, and they're transparent to light anyway). Same with the Fluiduct, there will be open space letting light in. So that leaves power, and by using a Leadstone Energy Cell which is a full block, I won't have the problem of light getting in. However, I have the unexpected problem of the Energy Cell emitting light, which I cannot prevent from hitting most of my Cursed Earth, shutting it off, effectively.
The only solution I can think of is there is itemduct that transmits power, although it probably is too expensive for you.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The only solution I can think of is there is itemduct that transmits power, although it probably is too expensive for you.

Playing a modpack like Infinity Evolved Expert or InfiTech 2 really makes you appreciate having the "good stuff" like Ender IO conduits which can attach all 3 (power, items, fluids) to one face of a machine. I did find a solution to my problem - however, it's an inelegant solution and it bothers me. But until you reach the true "end game" in these packs, you are basically forced to deal with such inelegance in your builds. I guess it's motivation to progress and finally earn all that good stuff, so we can fix all these little issues that crop up. :)

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Playing a modpack like Infinity Evolved Expert or InfiTech 2 really makes you appreciate having the "good stuff" like Ender IO conduits which can attach all 3 (power, items, fluids) to one face of a machine. I did find a solution to my problem - however, it's an inelegant solution and it bothers me. But until you reach the true "end game" in these packs, you are basically forced to deal with such inelegance in your builds. I guess it's motivation to progress and finally earn all that good stuff, so we can fix all these little issues that crop up. :)
What did you do, out of curiosity?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
But does it also load chunks?

Not atm, but the mod dev is supposedly working on chunk loading, but he's trying to so it right (no bugs or memory leaks), so it will be a while.

Well now I just need to figure out why certain machines (some, but not all) are still working while I'm not anywhere near my base... even including when I'm logged off the server entirely. It's pretty bizarre and I can't pin it down. I really figured it was the Infinity Evolved Expert mode stuff doing it.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What did you do, out of curiosity?

I just put a marble block in front of the Leadstone Cell - inside the 9x9 Cursed Earth spawn pad. That's why I say it's inelegant. Now I have these 4 blocks sticking out like sore thumbs inside my mob grinder. I use the Dark Glass so I can see in but no light can enter and stop the mob spawns. And it just bothers me that 4 of the spaces inside are un-usable since mobs can spawn with the blocks in the way. Again, I call that an "inelegant" solution - it works, yeah, but it's not perfect, it's not the "right" way.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
I just put a marble block in front of the Leadstone Cell - inside the 9x9 Cursed Earth spawn pad. That's why I say it's inelegant. Now I have these 4 blocks sticking out like sore thumbs inside my mob grinder. I use the Dark Glass so I can see in but no light can enter and stop the mob spawns. And it just bothers me that 4 of the spaces inside are un-usable since mobs can spawn with the blocks in the way. Again, I call that an "inelegant" solution - it works, yeah, but it's not perfect, it's not the "right" way.
Yep, that was my last "solution" to the problem. Some people have the grinder set up a block back for the very reason I think.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Yeah I see it now - Flux Plated Fluiduct, which can transmit not only fluids, but also up to 2000 RF/t. Nice call, thanks.

Reactions: erindalc

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
My previous version was 2.1.3 and the 2.2.2 version update was the only one I received since from the launcher.

2.2.1 was released just a day or two ahead of 2.2.2 (both in beta) with a warning the config might change. 2.2.2 was just updated to recommended a few days ago and thus 2.2.1 never left beta status.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

According to the streamed "community meeting", chunk loading is a planned addition, since the previous chunk loaders were shown to cause a bit of lag. Another replacement was the old backup that ran every 1/2 hour or so and filled up disk space :D

I'll try to find a link to that video.

Here's the original stream (long... 2+ hours):

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
According to the streamed "community meeting", chunk loading is a planned addition, since the previous chunk loaders were shown to cause a bit of lag. Another replacement was the old backup that ran every 1/2 hour or so and filled up disk space :D

I'll try to find a link to that video.

Sorry for the self-reply, I couldn't embed 2 links.

Here's a new User Guide:

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with an admin anchor not working. I have a Mystcraft age that is just a lava ocean. Every time I leave the server, the pump transferring the lava into the over world stops working.

Anyone know why this may be?

I have two possible diagnoses of the problem:

1. Because the lava has been drained so heavily, it forms a concave going down, which means that more and more lava is being drained from outside the concave. Could it be possible that the lava being drained is outside of the range of the anchor? I can't find any information for what the radius of the anchor is, nor is there a way to see the affected chunks (at least not to my knowledge).

2. The anchor just simply doesn't work reliably. Is this a common problem? Or is there an issue with chunk loading Mystrcraft ages?

Also as a side question, does anyone know some good, up-to-date tutorials for tree and flower breeding, as well as bees? I've never used these mods before but most videos I find seem a bit outdated.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
Which three launchers are you referring to? I can think of four major launchers off my head (curse, ftb, technic, atlauncher)
huh, I was thinking of atlauncher, ftb and technic. Didn't even know curse was a thing for launchers. But yeah, still. Flagship modpack. Could be either sp or mp oriented.