Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
doesn't seem to. I right click on a water source, then hold right click to try and use it on crops.. nothing happens... no "sprinkling water effect like I've seen on vids.. Hell.. am I even using it right? LOL

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
doesn't seem to. I right click on a water source, then hold right click to try and use it on crops.. nothing happens... Hell.. am I even using it right? LOL
Does it say "watering can (empty)" when you hover over it?

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Nope, just says watering can (extra utilities)

Holding right click on water doesn't change it, and holding right click on a crop in sticks just makes the "waving" the can at the sticks motion. Right click on cross crops, breaks the top sticks.. I'm so confused..

EDIT: Just to be sure, I made a new can, made sure it wasn't the peaceful mode only one, same effect.. Starts off as Watering Can (Empty) and when right clicking on water I guess it fills because it looses the (Empty) tag, but still not getting the proper use of the item.

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019

Holding right click on water doesn't change it, and holding right click on a crop in sticks just makes the "waving" the can at the sticks motion. Right click on cross crops, breaks the top sticks.. I'm so confused..
Hold shift.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam

Do you have particles disabled?

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Nope...

I tried that.. but I'll try it again tomorrow.. gotta hit the sack as I have work early in the morning!
Hmm, when you get you can cheating yourself a new one to test if its single player.

Also check if it has a damage value. Idk why it would or if it would matter though.

If cheating works just throw out the old one and call it even

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

EDIT: Just to be sure, I made a new can, made sure it wasn't the peaceful mode only one, same effect.. Starts off as Watering Can (Empty) and when right clicking on water I guess it fills because it looses the (Empty) tag, but still not getting the proper use of the item.
Try holding right click with your watering can on something without a right-click action- cobblestone, say. Does that give you particles? If it doesn't, you've probably got particles turned off. Turn those on so you can see what you're doing.

Also, so long as you keep the right mouse button held, the game won't register you right-clicking on anything, but the watering can will continue to function. You can then release shift (if you were sneaking when you started watering), move around, and/or aim your cursor as you wish, and you'll continue to water the crops without harvesting them.

You need the Reinforced Watering can. No water required and it grows everything fast.
The normal watering can has worked well enough for me. Sure, the reinforced one has much larger range and creates many more growth ticks, but it's expensive. The normal watering can works quite for getting a few crops to breed and grow.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

LeQwasd

Jul 29, 2019
If you using oak trees, than this isn't going to be sustainable. You really need to get into tree breeding to get an ideal tree for ethanol production, and even then you'll want a hybrid tree. (A good starting place is a blue mahoe, it's saplings are really sappy, but it grows pretty slowly, and doesn't give a huge amount of saplings, try crossbreeding it with a balsa for more saplings per tree, or an (apple) oak for faster growing and some apples.

Usually I find if I crossbreed blue mahoe with balsa, and then purify the traits I want (Plenty of sappy saplings) then crossbreed with a apple oak to get a tree that also has fast growth and grows apples, then that's usually enough for a decent ethanol production tree. If you want to go all out with it, bear in mind that the more trees you crossbreed into your hybrid the longer it takes to purify your stats. The absolute ideal for it would be a tree that grows lemons (they give somewhat more juice than apples), drops plenty of saplings (Saplings), the saplings are very sappy in themselves (Sappiness), grows quickly (Growth iirc), has plenty of leaves (the more the better as sapling (and fruit) drop chance is per leaf, although the blue mahoe itself isn't too bad for this), and also drops plenty of Fruit. You'll definatly want a treealyser for this rather than the block analyser.

Thanks! I havent played with forestry bees since like 1.4.2, and I havent played with treebreeding at all. I will check into that. But meanwhile - If I attach more steam engines to the boiler ( if I am using more steam) - will it consume more fuel? Or does it consume fuel at a fixed rate, and I am just wasting steam at the moment? And about trees - in forestry farm, all oak sapplings are converted to apple oak sapplings - what does that mean. Oh, and one more thing ( :D ) I planted some birch sapplings, but at the end, I got some silver birch sapplings. Didnt trees require bees around to crossbreed? I have none.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Apple Oak (and silver birch) are simply the forestry version of the vanilla oak and birch trees respectively.

Each boiler will make a set amount of steam and consume an amount of fuel based on how hot it is (hotter is better), assuming it's at least 100C. You can use bees or butterflies to crossbreed trees, but the former are much faster imo. (Although you can just do tree breeding in an encased area, so the butterflies can't escape and they'll breed the trees, but you'll want to kill them all off before switching to a new crossbreeding attempt in case they have old pollen on them.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Which three launchers are you referring to? I can think of four major launchers off my head (curse, ftb, technic, atlauncher)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
What's the deal with the new stuff added to Infinity Evolved modpack? What I mean is when you press E and can click the icons on the left side to claim chunks, etc. - what mod adds that stuff? Is it done by the FTB modpack crew themselves? I've been noticing odd behavior in my base that makes it appear as if the chunks I've claimed on the server are remaining loaded when I'm not at my base, and even when I'm not logged on. Some items seems to keep working, such as my IC2 Solar Distillers. I logged off last night and they had 400mb of Distilled Water in them. When I logged on this morning they all had 2700mb. That could only happen if my base chunks are loaded. It is entirely possible someone came to my base while I was logged off and loaded the chunks, but I doubt it. And I keep noticing things like this happening. However, I also notice "normal" behavior such as my Immersive Coke Oven not working while I'm far away from my base. So it leaves me a bit confused about what is going on with this "mod". Do any of you know the answers? Does this mod load chunks or not?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Leadstone Energy Cells atop my MFR Grinders in my Cursed Earth mob spawner setup. However, these Cells emit light and seem to prevent mob spawns so I need to find a way to cover up the one side of the Cells and prevent the light. When I try Forge Microblocks, it appears that they are transparent, pretty much as I expected. Doesn't work. Short of placing a full opaque block in front of the Cell, is there a solution to block this light? Infinity Evolved modpack. I could also use leadstone conduit to run the power to the Grinders, however, then I have the problem of the open block where light can still get in. Forge Microblocks with the hole in the middle don't work with the Thermal Dynamics Ducts, I tried that, and it prob wouldn't matter anyways since the Forge block is transparent. How can I block this light from the Energy Cell? Such a stupid little thing, the block emitting some light, but it's really causing me problems. Putting a full block in front of the energy cells is working, and it's only costing me 4 spawn spaces out of the 81 total spaces, but it still bugs me and I'd like to fix it if possible. Thx.

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I like how the new changelog for Infinity Evolved version 2.2.2 says only one thing was changed when in fact 21 mods were changed.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
What's the deal with the new stuff added to Infinity Evolved modpack? What I mean is when you press E and can click the icons on the left side to claim chunks, etc. - what mod adds that stuff? Is it done by the FTB modpack crew themselves? I've been noticing odd behavior in my base that makes it appear as if the chunks I've claimed on the server are remaining loaded when I'm not at my base, and even when I'm not logged on. Some items seems to keep working, such as my IC2 Solar Distillers. I logged off last night and they had 400mb of Distilled Water in them. When I logged on this morning they all had 2700mb. That could only happen if my base chunks are loaded. It is entirely possible someone came to my base while I was logged off and loaded the chunks, but I doubt it. And I keep noticing things like this happening. However, I also notice "normal" behavior such as my Immersive Coke Oven not working while I'm far away from my base. So it leaves me a bit confused about what is going on with this "mod". Do any of you know the answers? Does this mod load chunks or not?

Look up "FtB Utilities" and "FtB Tweaks" in the news forum. They're consolidations (fixes?) of several mods that have caused lag problems for some in the past, and also add several multiplayer features that have been missing from FtB, such as claiming chunks, which can also be "grief-protected" by the Server Admin.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I like how the new changelog for Infinity Evolved version 2.2.2 says only one thing was changed when in fact 21 mods were changed.

As I read it the 21 mods changed in 2.2.1 and only a config rollback in 2.2.2 but I may be wrong...

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I'm using Leadstone Energy Cells atop my MFR Grinders in my Cursed Earth mob spawner setup. However, these Cells emit light and seem to prevent mob spawns so I need to find a way to cover up the one side of the Cells and prevent the light. When I try Forge Microblocks, it appears that they are transparent, pretty much as I expected. Doesn't work. Short of placing a full opaque block in front of the Cell, is there a solution to block this light? Infinity Evolved modpack. I could also use leadstone conduit to run the power to the Grinders, however, then I have the problem of the open block where light can still get in. Forge Microblocks with the hole in the middle don't work with the Thermal Dynamics Ducts, I tried that, and it prob wouldn't matter anyways since the Forge block is transparent. How can I block this light from the Energy Cell? Such a stupid little thing, the block emitting some light, but it's really causing me problems. Putting a full block in front of the energy cells is working, and it's only costing me 4 spawn spaces out of the 81 total spaces, but it still bugs me and I'd like to fix it if possible. Thx.

Use a Tesseract with some EnderIO Energy Conduits and bury the Tesseract. Can you provide some pics please.