Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Selway

Jul 29, 2019
Hello All,

I cannot get a quantum solar panel to transfer power through immersive engineering into RF. I have just updated to FTB infinity (expert) 2.2.2. I do not know if this was a problem before the update as I just made my first quantum. I have successfully transferred power to RF using the Ultimate Hybrid Solar panels but not the Quantum. The set up I am using is a HV connector attached to the Quantum Solar Panel connected to another HV wire connector on a large EnderIO capacitor bank. All appropriate sides on the capacitor bank have been set to input and output properly. No energy transfer from the quantum is taking place. I have tried the same thing with TE energy cells and still with no transfer of EU to RF.

Thank you!

Last edited:

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable NEI "scroll to move" function? You know that by using mouse wheel you can move items in inventories.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
My game crashed when I entered a Dimension and keeps crashing when I load. Is there a way to reset me to the overworld?

redsector

Jul 29, 2019
My game crashed when I entered a Dimension and keeps crashing when I load. Is there a way to reset me to the overworld?

1. Get NBT-Explorer: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...65-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac
2. If you're running the world on a server, stop the server.
3. Start NBT-Explorer, click File -> Open and find your player data file (/<world folder>/playerdata/<playerID>.dat, where <playerID> is a bunch of alphanumeric garbage, so if there are more players in your world than just you, you'll have to find the one ID than belongs to you).
4. Find the "Dimension" entry, double-click it and set it to 0, which is The Overworld™.
5. Scroll down to "Pos: 3 entries" and expand that by clicking the plus sign
6. The three (unlabeled) sub-entries pertain to your current coordinates: X, Y, Z in that order. Change them to some safe coordinates, for example your current spawn coords which are found further up in the "SpawnX/SpawnY/SpawnZ" entries.
7. Save the file (File -> Save) and restart your server/singleplayer world. You'll end up at whatever coordinates you entered. Be careful to get them right, especially Y (height), lest you end up somewhere below ground level and suffocate :eek:

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
1. Get NBT-Explorer: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...65-nbtexplorer-nbt-editor-for-windows-and-mac
2. If you're running the world on a server, stop the server.
3. Start NBT-Explorer, click File -> Open and find your player data file (/<world folder>/playerdata/<playerID>.dat, where <playerID> is a bunch of alphanumeric garbage, so if there are more players in your world than just you, you'll have to find the one ID than belongs to you).
4. Find the "Dimension" entry, double-click it and set it to 0, which is The Overworld™.
5. Scroll down to "Pos: 3 entries" and expand that by clicking the plus sign
6. The three (unlabeled) sub-entries pertain to your current coordinates: X, Y, Z in that order. Change them to some safe coordinates, for example your current spawn coords which are found further up in the "SpawnX/SpawnY/SpawnZ" entries.
7. Save the file (File -> Save) and restart your server/singleplayer world. You'll end up at whatever coordinates you entered. Be careful to get them right, especially Y (height), lest you end up somewhere below ground level and suffocate :eek:

That worked, thanks.

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, since I didn't get an answer.

Looking for a flagship of modpacks, prefer a tech-related modpack, but some magic is always nice. Somewhat stable, I don't mind if it is intended for sp or mp use, or both. Just a giant modpack with lots of things to do, that alot of other people uses so I can discuss things with other people. Gee, my explaining is horrible when hungover.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So yeah, since I didn't get an answer.

Looking for a flagship of modpacks, prefer a tech-related modpack, but some magic is always nice. Somewhat stable, I don't mind if it is intended for sp or mp use, or both. Just a giant modpack with lots of things to do, that alot of other people uses so I can discuss things with other people. Gee, my explaining is horrible when hungover.

Really? On the FTB forums asking for a flagship mod pack?

If you are not trolling... Look at the forums... What mod packs are being talked about the most? Pick one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aTeLe

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone playing FTB Infinity version <2 ? Version 1.12.4 makes the clients crash a lot, which version should I use instead?

kallekulle

Jul 29, 2019
Really? On the FTB forums asking for a flagship mod pack?

If you are not trolling... Look at the forums... What mod packs are being talked about the most? Pick one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never said it had to be limited to ftb, earlier I asked for the flagship of all modpacks across the 3 major launchers. But alright, I'll take your snarky advice.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Never said it had to be limited to ftb, earlier I asked for the flagship of all modpacks across the 3 major launchers. But alright, I'll take your snarky advice.

There is no "flagship" modpack. Even in modpacks like Infinity Evolved, which are considered "everything including the kitchen sink" modpacks, they're still missing stuff. Infinity Evolved doesn't have good chunk loader mods (I dislike the Railcraft stuff) and doesn't have Malisis' Doors mod (just to pick one at random that I wish it had but doesn't).

Basically, the "flagship" modpack will differ based on personal opinion. I'm a GregTech (i.e. hardmode) kinda player, so Beyond Reality in AT and Infitech2 in FTB are my own personal "flagship" modpacks. But if you ask someone who hates GregTech, they'll give you different packs on their list.

Best way is just build your own modpack, but that's too much effort for me, so I play what we're given.

Knux897

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how I might use Immersive Engineering coke ovens and blast furnaces to emit a redstone signal? I've hooked up AE to both to automate production of coal coke and steel, as well as using extra cells to store the creosote oil. Is there perhaps a way to emit a redstone signal using AE when something is autocrafted? I've tried seeing if the ovens themselves emit a redstone signal but they do not.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
In Infinity Evolved, I'm noticing that if I over-power my IC2 machine, they don't explode. Did they change this game mechanic? I tested it by placing a Quantum Solar Panel next to a Macerator and it didn't explode.

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
In Infinity Evolved, I'm noticing that if I over-power my IC2 machine, they don't explode. Did they change this game mechanic? I tested it by placing a Quantum Solar Panel next to a Macerator and it didn't explode.
The mechanic was removed at one point. Not sure when.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
They can explode only if you have:
- "IC2 classic" by either Immibis or Speiger
- "Uncomplication" by Aroma1997 (does require Aroma1997core)
However in IC2exp itself they won't explode. So you can power your macerator (max 32 EU/t) with 8192 EU/t without transformers or transformer upgrades.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Having problems with the MFR Planter in Infinity Evolved when I want to plant BOP redwood Saplings. The planter won't plant them. How can I fix this?